Problems with my Fenix TA21's

Z

z_lyonsb2000

About two years ago I purchased a Fenix TA21 for work. I work in Corrections on graveyard so a good flashlight is apart of my duty gear. The TA21 was great for about the 1st 8 months and then I started to notice that the light would dim during use. I'd give it a downward tap and the light would re-brighten to his selected lumen output. It would also do this if I started at a low lumen output, and changed the setting with the light on. I thought it was the batteries but after changed several batteries the problem still occurred. I used my warranty and had the light replaced for a new one. This light has lasted about a year and I am now running into the same exact problem. This leads me to believe that it was not a manufacturing default but a design flaw. DO NOT BUY THIS LIGHT. It was great while it worked, rugged, waterproof, very bright beam and decent flood. All around my favorite light over my surefires, streamlights and the one pelican I own. But unfortunately I'm gonna have to use my old surefire again until I find a replacement.

Latest posts