• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CUSTOM SMO REFLECTOR PACKAGE FOR SUREFIRE M6

Mettee

Enlightened
Here they are guys....after a long wait. Those of you on the list wont be disappointed.
A few improvements are in place over the initial design and the end product is
something I am proud to offer here.

DSC00816.jpg

Large hole and small hole reflectors are available, if you need help deciding which one to use please PM me.

Only small hole available at this time, for use with bi-pins.

For info on reflector performance and additional pictures refer to THIS thread.

This is a drop in replacement reflector for Surefire's M6 to increase throw and output over stock.
The mirror is manufactured here in the USA by Phoenix Electrofromed Products as are all components.
Reflector efficiency is in the mid to low 90 percent rage, with durability to withstand high output
bulbs like the 1909, and WA 1185 over extended periods.

Reflector = $70

Removal tool = $18

Silicon = $5

Package price = $93

Shipping = Medium Priority box $10.00 (sorry will not fit in a small flat rate)

I will gladly ship international at actual cost.

PM for payment info.

Discussion thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...refire-M6-SMO-LOP-reflector-to-increase-THROW

Last edited:

Mettee

Enlightened
Lots of the original thread has been lost on these, just for good measure a bump. I feel this is hands down the best reflector out for this light.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I've not been aware of these reflectors... The link in the original post isn't working though. Could you re-post it?

Flea Bag

Enlightened
The reflectors are really good - I have one in one of my M6's :)

Great to know there are finally replacement reflectors for the M6!

Is there an impressions thread where people describe their favourite combinations with these reflectors? My search function doesn't seem to work very well.

I'm particularly interested in details like how hotspot transitions to spill with some lamps. My MN20 has a great transition while my MN16 does not on the stock reflectors. Also, what is the silicon for? From the pictures, the shock isolation foam is removed?

Last edited:

Mettee

Enlightened
I've not been aware of these reflectors... The link in the original post isn't working though. Could you re-post it?

Which link? Help me out a little.

The reflectors are really good - I have one in one of my M6's :)

Thanks a bunch Will.

Great to know there are finally replacement reflectors for the M6!

Is there an impressions thread where people describe their favourite combinations with these reflectors? My search function doesn't seem to work very well.

I'm particularly interested in details like how hotspot transitions to spill with some lamps. My MN20 has a great transition while my MN16 does not on the stock reflectors. Also, what is the silicon for? From the pictures, the shock isolation foam is removed?

It has been around for about a year or so.

As far as impressions I think that part of the thread was lost, but I can tell you it wakes up every bulb you put in it. When used outdoor and not white walling, you will be blown away. I have taken beam shots that are simply unbelievable when distance is calc'd.

To me the transition is what it should be, awesome usable light from your feet all the way to the point where the hot spot starts. Most of the light is focussed into the hotspot, and only "enough" is spill. Look at this .gif. Not the best but it will give you an idea how much this changes the beam.

From memory
Control
1185 SMO
1185 STK
1909 SMO
1909STK

shootout.gif

The silicon is used to replace the soft foam that wears out and does not apply enough pressure to high volt lamps that draw more amps. I make them for almost all SF turbo heads M6/KT4,M3, M2, etc.

Location where beam shots were taken, I did have another CPF member helping and for a witness.
Park.jpg

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
The missing link was where you stated:

"For info on reflector performance and additional pictures refer to THIS thread."

I remain interested but am currently waiting on a few parts to arrive before I determine whether I'm satisfied with what I already have. I've been away from CPF for more than a year and am catching up on the latest developments, especially with the discontinuation of the M series incans and now that the PhD-M6 project is completed (which I'm waiting to receive!).

Mettee

Enlightened
I hear you, I am in the same boat after taking a new job and not having time for one of my favorite hobbies.

I threw some of the info that I have on hand in for you just in case...

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Any possibility of boring out one of the remaining reflectors so that it can be used with a wider variety of bulbs?

walterr839

Enlightened
I just came across this link and want to know (A) if the AMO reflector is still available and (B) how does it work (fit) with the MN21 and LF M6 IMR bulbs?

I have just started resurrecting my old M6 and would be interested.

Thanks

Mettee

Enlightened
Bulb openings are same as stock fellas, there is one version that has a smaller opening that is for use with bi pin bulbs. The smaller opening allows for more reflector behind the bulbs.

The method used to make these reflectors does not allow for boring. The standard larger opening reflector works with all stock, and after market bulbs.

Still available guys :)

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I will take a reflector with the standard size opening plus some new silicon. Sorry I initially misunderstood the opening post and thought only small size was available.

Last edited: