Chinavasion FlashMax X950 review and Fenix TK20 for comparison.

firelord777

Enlightened
Okay, to start off, both cost roughly the same, except the X950 requires ~$20 of shipping.

The package arrived in 4 days, and today, for christmas, I got to finally take it for a spin!!!

Wow, where to start. I originally started off thinking that it would be around 300 lumens, then 600, then somewhere along the middle.

My Fenix TK20, has around 150 max lumens.

The X950 simply BLOWS IT AWAY, by A LOT! It lit my room up more than my 60 watt 750 lumen light bulb!!!

In regards to beam pattern, the hotspot is identical to the TK20's. There are 5 Q5 emitters inside five smooth reflectors, which were slightly less deep and smaller, but to my surprise, the hotspot was identical. The corona on the TK20 however, was bigger.

In regard to build, this is no cheap-o finish. The finish, at least to me, is identical, I know I say identical a lot, but trust me, it is identical.

So, it does not skimp in quality, the lens is glass, has rather thin o-rings, but the tail cap's tight fit takes care of water intrusion. But note that it will be around 1.5- 2 times heavier than the TK20. But for the most part, it is pocketable.

I haven't read the manuel in the box or anything in the exitement, but the charger for the 2 18650 the light uses needs an adaptor, which was provided.

Has a rather sharp bezel, nice cooling fins, feels really good in the hands, and has a protruding tailcap. So, yeah, can't tailstand. I really don't care though.

It seems to have memory though, something I did not expect it to have. It has memory when you turn it off for at least 2 or 3 seconds.

I have never seen a strobe on a light, and it is really disorienting. No lie. Any bad guy that tries anything funny will get messed up eyes (not really lol) and a few 1 centimeter marks on thier head from the bezel off this thing. Not that I plan too, but really, anything can be used as a weapon. And I don't like having a light with blood on it.

So, it comes with 2 18650 2400mha batteries, a charger, the flashlight(duh) the charging adaptor, a nice box and padding, and ships quickly.

Has springs on both ends so it accepts non-button top lithium 18650.

So to sum it up, heres the two lights:

TK20:

Lighter than X950

Uses widely available aa batteries (one of the reasons why I carry it everywhere)

Decent throw

Simplicity-two modes

Warranty

Holster

Easily pocketable.

X950:

MUCH Brighter

5 emitters for efficiency and focused beam.

Comes with 18650, charger, and adapter

Ships in 3-5 days

Sharp stike bezel

Stobe

SOS

12 or 24 hour runtime on low (not sure, website says both, did not check yet)

Must throw very good.

At least its pocketable.

In the end, I am not sure which i like better. TK20 for EDC, X950 for maybe edc, don't mind extra dimensions and weight, but both are keepers for sure.

BTW, this is my first review, hope I did not do to horrible, I am typing this at 2 in the morning.

Do not have a camera with me sorry.

You should really order this light, for the price, its a no brainer.

Google Chinavasion and type in flashlights. search for X950. but be advised that you may have to pay $20 or so for shipping, depending where you live.

Thank you for reading.:)

EDIT: I noticed this morning that when I shine the light on my hand on high, I can instantly feel a significant amount of heat coming from the light. Like when someone focuses sunlight on you hand with a magnifying glass, except with the light, its your whole hand. But, its winter here in florida, and the heating may come to some sort of use outside in the cold LOL.

Tailcap readings: .100 amps on low 1 amp on mid 1.4-5 on high

Any questions or comments regarding the light, batteries or charger, just ask me here in this thread.

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Guys, I am sorry I do not have pics. I plan to do another "good" review with these flashlights along others like the TK41. With pictures of course.