Foxfury Scout
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

  1. #31

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    I agree as well.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Thanks for the gathered info guys. I have been searching all over the net for AA adapters and getting stumped trying to find the 3AA to 1D parralel adapters. Then I found a picture of the 4AA to 1D parralel adapter and couldn't find any. It was driving me nuts. I'll likely just get the 2AA to 1D adapters instead. I was wanting to use my AA eneloops in a 3D Rayovac "Xtreme" 300 lumen lantern.

    I do wish some one would offer an economical 4AA parralel adapter that worked. I'd buy some in a heartbeat!

  3. #33

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Variable556 View Post
    Thanks for the gathered info guys. I have been searching all over the net for AA adapters and getting stumped trying to find the 3AA to 1D parralel adapters. Then I found a picture of the 4AA to 1D parralel adapter and couldn't find any. It was driving me nuts. I'll likely just get the 2AA to 1D adapters instead. I was wanting to use my AA eneloops in a 3D Rayovac "Xtreme" 300 lumen lantern.

    I do wish some one would offer an economical 4AA parralel adapter that worked. I'd buy some in a heartbeat!
    I don't think you will ever see such a thing. I do recall a company now selling a parallel 3AA>D adapters for about $10 each they want around $10 plus shipping I think and at first glance they look good enough but the $10 price is the kicker as 4 of them may cost $45 to $50 with shipping added in.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    you don't need an adapter to run 4AA parallel, in maglite or most other lights, 4 AA cells fit in unbored maglite and other lights.
    i have done it few times before, works great, the only downside, when you take cells out you'll have to charge them one by one.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    I don't think you will ever see such a thing. I do recall a company now selling a parallel 3AA>D adapters for about $10 each they want around $10 plus shipping I think and at first glance they look good enough but the $10 price is the kicker as 4 of them may cost $45 to $50 with shipping added in.
    Please post a link to where they are.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCT View Post
    Please post a link to where they are.
    I was wrong about the price it is $15
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/titan...r-adapter.html
    IMO is just too much for an adapter but they do look like decent quality.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    I was wrong about the price it is $15
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/titan...r-adapter.html
    IMO is just too much for an adapter but they do look like decent quality.
    Ugg WHY is it so expensive!? The description doesn't even say made from the best grade metals to minimize resistance, or anything justifying the price tag. I MIGHT pay $10 for it, but that would be my max.

  8. #38
    Flashaholic bob4apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Poughquag, NY
    Posts
    232

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    I bet if you cut open an old used alkaline D battery and removed the innards,
    you could just shove in some AA's and as long as they touch metal on the top
    and bottom, it would work.......yeah- not an elegant solution, but it would be
    cheap in a McGuyver kind of way, huh?
    When you die and go "into the light",
    don't complain about the tint!

  9. #39

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCT View Post
    Ugg WHY is it so expensive!? The description doesn't even say made from the best grade metals to minimize resistance, or anything justifying the price tag. I MIGHT pay $10 for it, but that would be my max.
    It looks better made by far than the Soshine 2AA parallel adapters which have metal contacts vs actual plated springs. I agree the price should be about $7 with shipping but I think sales of them at that price doesn't drive down prices.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by bob4apple View Post
    I bet if you cut open an old used alkaline D battery and removed the innards,
    you could just shove in some AA's and as long as they touch metal on the top
    and bottom, it would work.......yeah- not an elegant solution, but it would be
    cheap in a McGuyver kind of way, huh?
    I made a cheap 4AA > D adapter from parts at a home improvement center. I used long nylon 1/4 in bolts and two large fender washers one acorn nut for the top and it works but is too long for some things and hard to get the batteries to line up and change them quickly. I had a piece of rubber cut from a bicycle tube to hold them together around the bolt. I should try and set up a drill press and drill some indentations to keep the batteries from sliding but I only use it for a 1D energizer led lantern running off 4 cheap nimh AAs making a 4800mah D cell
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

  11. #41
    Flashaholic bob4apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Poughquag, NY
    Posts
    232

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Now I'm thinking rubber bands and aluminum foil could be
    all that one needs. I will eventually ​try it.
    When you die and go "into the light",
    don't complain about the tint!

  12. #42
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCT View Post
    Ugg WHY is it so expensive!? The description doesn't even say made from the best grade metals to minimize resistance, or anything justifying the price tag. I MIGHT pay $10 for it, but that would be my max.
    Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I just visited this site and it is now down to $9.95. Same price for either SERIES or PARALLEL. Price goes down for bulk buying. Plus shipping, though it was not that bad (like, $3 for super saver shipping for me).
    I found this thread searching for adapters for some conversion projects I am thinking of.

  13. #43
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    832

    Default Re: Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev_Joe View Post
    Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I just visited this site and it is now down to $9.95. Same price for either SERIES or PARALLEL. Price goes down for bulk buying. Plus shipping, though it was not that bad (like, $3 for super saver shipping for me).
    I found this thread searching for adapters for some conversion projects I am thinking of.
    Just to let you know, $10 each for adaptors is MORE than just getting actual Tenergy Premium or Centura D cells. And that doesn't even count the cost of buying AA batteries (If you need to buy them). Given all the other pitfalls of adaptors (like resistance, reliability, AND lower capacity), I would seriously reconsider the adaptor route when you can buy a pair of Centura D cells for $16.99 at Fry's.
    Last edited by StorminMatt; 01-28-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •