• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cosmetics and Surface Finishes

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

In my current offerings, I have provided the option on the Haiku of a BB finish. I have been able, without too much disruption and time consumption, to provide this alternative to the few who have requested it. To a degree it is contrary to my focus on these lights with the priorities based on function and durability. Cosmetics have never been my focus as I think you guys know and in fact I leave myself latitude in in this regard.

I do understand that an expensive titanium light might have cosmetic appeal as well as even requirements of surface treatment for some of you but this doesn't mean that it is something that I can effectively or willingly accommodate. To date, I have complied with some special and custom requests some of you have made but at this point I am starting to fear I have opened a can of worms that I will really regret!!!

I have a small shop and as a result I have to spend time in setting up to do the bead blasting and then chuck the parts in the lathe to bring back the satin surface finishes. This is not an issue or problem if I occasionally elect to do a few sets of the Haiku BB but it is now becoming an issue with individual and varied requests of different combinations and even requests to have lights sent back to me for surface treatment.

Guys, I really do appreciate you putting up with me and my quirks and supporting my efforts in offering these various lights. I don't like to say no and at times strike back in anger when I feel I am being pushed in a direction I don't want to go. I am not really being pushed as it is based on reasonable requests but I guess I am weak at saying no and resent any need to get strong and comfortable in denying requests.

I now have a rather diverse set of offerings with a good number of possible combinations and variations. Adding cosmetic options and increasing the variations is just beyond my scope and ability to handle well. :green:

:help:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Shao,
Sorry but I don't do PM's. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you wish.
Thanks.
- Don

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure this is because of that BB Mule that recently appeared in BST. It looked sooooo good, and I am SURE it got folks thinking.

Well, at least you have these kinds of problems with your business...and not any real ones. :)

Your lights still rule the world, regardless of their finish. I still prefer the finish that results from carrying a Ti McGizmo everyday.

obi

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

Love your lights & certainly appreciate that you've really broadened your offerings in terms of tint & voltage. I like alternative coatings & gave your Haiku a send go around when you offered the BB - unfortunately I had got my original Haiku at almost the same time as a PD and preferred the PD, sold the Haiku. Lately the BB Haiku has gotten more carry time and I wouldn't want to sell either one.

Neale

Latest posts