SureFire's proposed new products (SHOT Show 2011)

Z

z_pnoyfire

Hello everyone. does anybody know any upcoming SF LED flashlights for 2011 aside what they had advertised in their website? im looking forward seeing new products this year and hopefully will get one (hope there will be pictures posted :)) thanks in advance!!!!:wave::wave::wave:

iapyx

Enlightened
Re: SureFire new LED flashlights 2011?

It seems like one of the threads that got lost was the 'Surefire SHOT Show 2011 new lights discussion'. Let's try to revive it here.

Have a look at the 2011 SF catalogue: here
And SF at Shot Show here.
I'll try to post some pics.

Some new lights for 2011 (hopefully) are:
G2X tactical
UB3T Invictus (new since it wasn't released int 2010)
UBR (800 lumen, rechargeable)
Commander (rechargeable)
Dominator

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic

SureFire proposes a number of new products in their 2011 catalog and shown at SHOT Show 2011.

They propose three lithium-ion 'dutylight' sized high-output LED flashlights (R1, UNR and UAR).

The UB3T TurboHead model has a proposed rechargeable brother, the UBR.

The UDR "Dominator" is their proposed 2000 lumen handheld rechargeable flashlight.

SureFire proposes Z2X & G2ZX CombatLights and a 6PDX "Defender" join their 6PX & G2X models.
Edit:
G2ZX has been released: http://www.surefire.com/G2ZX-LED-CombatLight
Z2X has been released: http://www.surefire.com/Z2X

There are also a number of new headlamps propose to join their Saint & Minimus including a 500 lumen lithium-ion powered "Maximus"

On the WeaponLight front, SureFire proposes a single-SF123A "Compact" version of the X300 (I suspect it will be model X300C) (110 lumens like the Mini ScoutLight)

There is also a proposed mega vertical foregrip WeaponLight called the MVG 1 which is 2000 lumens (for 30 minutes on a lithium-ion battery, or SF123As).
It's large, deep smooth reflector provides an extended range beam. It's rated at 3lbs 2oz (1.42 kg)! I suppose there must be some demand for it.

SureFire are proposing a 300 lumen LED 1.8" diameter bezel for their M900L and M500L

SureFire also have a new HellFighter 4 (HF4) which many new features including integrating a rechargeable battery for powering the 3000 lumen light for 30 minutes.

One last thing - if your better half needs encouraging that you need to invest in these new proposed models, SureFire is planning their "ISIS" light - Chrome-plated and "appointed with Swarovski crystals", it has dual-output (100/10 lumens) and is Li-ion powered featuring a touch "reactive tailcap - no pressing, clicking, or twisting".

notrefined

Enlightened

I saw someone alluding to a high CRI version of the minimus, but the surefire catalog indicates only "high efficiency" and "warm white." Is there any reliable indication that this will be a high CRI light, and if so how high is high CRI?

lateralus180

Newly Enlightened
New Surefire Items! UDR Dominator, UBR Invictus, Lawman, Aviator, Etc

I check Surefire's web site often to see whats new on their home page. Nothing has really changed since the G2X and 6PX series was released last year. While browsing LA Police Gear, I found a *coming soon section* dedicated to Surefire. There are several lights pictured, with specs and features also. Whats interesting is the top one here seems to be a 2x CR123 cell light, with a large head/heat sink. Yet it puts out 2K lumens...which would be equivelant to 2500 lumens from any other manufacturer? 2800?

UDR Dominator
-2000 lumens
-battery level indicator
-built in rechargeable
-CR123's

UBR Invictus
-800 lumens
-battery level indicator
-built in rechargeable
-CR123's

UNR Commander
-500 lumens
-battery level indicator
-built in rechargeable
-CR123's

UAR Aviator
-500 lumens
-battery level indicator
-built in rechargeable
-CR123's

R1 Lawman
-300 lumens
-battery level indicator
-built in rechargeable
-CR123's

M6LT Guardian
-800 lumens
-battery level indicator
-built in rechargeable
-CR123's

And several other weapon lights, including the Surefire X300 Compact.

Is this news to anyone?
http://www.lapolicegear.com/sf-future-items.html

I felt this thread should stay in this section, rather than a manufacturer's section. I'd like to talk about the different lights above, as I am interested in all of them. Does anyone know further details? Release dates say end of 2011, but does anyone know more about the lights themselves? XM-L? Features?

Acid87

Enlightened
Re: New Surefire Items! UDR Dominator, UBR Invictus, Lawman, Aviator, Etc

This thread was originally started during the Las Vegas SHOT show. So no its not news to most people. I would say that the new ANSI rating for most Light manufactures will reduce the over rating that has been seen in the majority of other companies.

The new lights look pretty amazing though. There was photos and all but since CPF went down it was unfortunatly lost in the interweb.

The release dates could be anytime although there was more concise dates posted by other member although im not sure of names. There is another thread about these lights so might be worth having a quick search to find it.

Regards Steven and :welcome:

Size15's

Flashaholic

We had an extensive thread discussing the proposed new products SureFire introduced at SHOT Show 2011 with their 2011 catalog but it was lost :(
So we'll try to keep all discussion of these proposed new products in a single thread and start new threads for any new products that are actually released.

EV_007

Enlightened
I hope Surefire gets intot he High CRI game. My latest lights have been either warm or CRI variety.

That 2K lumen model sounds insane. Must resist....

BBL

Enlightened

Yet it puts out 2K lumens...which would be equivelant to 2500 lumens from any other manufacturer? 2800?

Is surefire still unable to provide exact output figures?

Acid87

Enlightened

Is surefire still unable to provide exact output figures?

I would assume they are following the ANSI testing methods which would mean the figures are fairly accurate.

enid681

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when they think these new lights will hit the market. Real world time not maybe someday time like has been talked about in the past?

Acid87

Enlightened
Does anyone know when they think these new lights will hit the market. Real world time not maybe someday time like has been talked about in the past?

With Surefire its always a possible date. Which is a shame but their products are pretty good though so it makes up for it. Maybe ask a retailer someone like goinggear?

00Moonshine

Newly Enlightened
For 2011 they're rating the M3LT CombatLight at 600 lumens versus last year's 450 lumens. Does anyone know if they actually changed the light, or just claiming a higher output? I have an M3LT that I bought last year, and it's got good throw, but clearly less than my new Hound Dog XM-L.

azzid

Newly Enlightened
Was thinking of getting a m3lt a few weeks ago, but that ubr invictus and unr commander is what i am really looking and waiting for. 500 and 800 lumens with a TIR optic is very tempting.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
No offense to anyone in this thread, but I wonder whehther SureFire lights have anything other brand names like Fenix don't have. I've observed that SF lights can be quite pricey - I've never owned any, but I'm wondering : am I missing out on anything compared to Fenix lights for instance ?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Six fistfuls of patents, and the products using them. If you're in the market for that patented technology, then absolutely. For instance, in that A2Z? the low-high beam tailcap, coupled to the flood-spot system. Nobody else has such a good user interface.

Latest posts