007 XM-L

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently I've been tied up with some unexpected life events happening and once again had to move. I'm REALLY getting tired of moving but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Anyway, I am very fortunate to have some amazing friends that are renting me a room in thier basement for the next several months. I finally had a few minutes of free time to mod after everything was finally moved to the garage.

I was able to get in a group-buy over in the MP for some XM-L's and figured why not try one in the 007.

The results are great! :devil:

Excellent beam profile and it seems pretty bright only running at the 007's max 1250mA. Tint seems like it leans to the warm side (2T) and slightly yellow.

I'll have to wait until night fall and then I really get to see what it can do, but as of right now, I like it!

The hot spot is large as expected, perfectly round and the spill looks nice and even with no rings.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can.:duh2:

I hope to start offering mod services again by the end of the month. I just had 30 Spy heatsinks made and now that I am literally right next door to the garage I rent, I will have easy access to my workshop again for the first time in 6 months!:party:

IMG_1338.jpg

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
==================================================
========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================
==================================================

Re: 007 XM-L
Written by easilyled on 01-05-2011 01:26 PM GMT

Pleased to hear that things are a bit more settled for you.
Looks like a great mod!

Written by Launch Mini on 01-05-2011 02:10 PM GMT

Glad to hear things are going in the right direction.
I might certainly be interested in one of these, when the time is right :)

Written by Beamhead on 01-05-2011 02:47 PM GMT

Nice, did you have to mod/reposition the reflector? Beamshots. :p

Written by scout24 on 01-05-2011 03:06 PM GMT

Glad to hear things are going better... Looks like it grew there! :)

Written by run4jc on 01-05-2011 04:16 PM GMT

AWESOME Tim (and the light is cool, too.) So glad to hear you are back inside 4 walls!!

Unknown
Written by wyldthng on 01-05-2011 08:38 PM GMT

Glad to here things are going better for you and you are inside for the rest of the winter. Awesome mod, can't wait to see more pics.

Written by RIDE on 01-05-2011 08:57 PM GMT

Good to hear things are better!

RIDE

Written by 1wrx7 on 01-07-2011 10:17 AM GMT

Things are getting even better.... heatsinks are in the mail homey.... and the onion ring too. I haven't been on CPF too much lately, but I was glad to see you got this mod done. It looks awsome!

Written by DaFABRICATA on 01-08-2011 10:30 AM GMT

Thanks so much for the kind words guys! :wave: lovecpf Life has it's up and downs. Important thing is keeping a positive outlook and moving forward regerdless.

Was CPF messed up for anyone else? I tried to respond a few times and CPF was sloooooow.

Beamhead, the heatsink was modified, but not the reflector. Drops right down on top of the XM-L and IMO focuses the emitter perfectly!

After some time using this XML, I must say it is great! As Beamhead put it so perfectly, it is a "punchy flood" and very bright!

I'll try to get beamshots up as soon as I get more free time. I finally had a few extra minutes to attempt to reply again.

Written by scout24 on 01-08-2011 04:42 PM GMT

DaFab- Are the heatsinks you had made 005 compatible, and do you think anXM-L mod would be doable? :sssh: :devil:

Written by DaFABRICATA on 01-08-2011 06:25 PM GMT

scout24 said:
DaFab- Are the heatsinks you had made 005 compatible, and do you think an XM-L mod would be doable? :sssh: :devil:

Hey Scout24! The heatsinks are the same for both the 007 and 005.
I know for a fact this is doable in a 005.
Send me a PM and we and can discuss details if interested. :thumbsup:

Written by toby_pra on 01-11-2011 01:36 AM GMT

We need beamshots Tim!!!! :devil:

Written by DaFABRICATA on 01-12-2011 11:00 AM GMT

toby_pra said:
We need beamshots Tim!!!! :devil:

As per your request! :thumbsup:
The garage door is the ONLY white wall in this house.
Every other wall is a strage color that will make the tint look strange. :duh2:
I'll try to get outdoor beamshots at night if it ever stops snowing.
The door is slightly reflective and makes the hot-spot look uneven.
In person, there is a large perfectly round, central hot-spot, with a nice even bright spill beam.
I'll do my best to get better pics up.. :ohgeez: :sick2:

IMG_1374.jpg

Written by fyrstormer on 01-14-2011 05:58 AM GMT

Looks nice. I gotta get a007 someday.

fasteddie

Enlightened
DaFab - your PM mailbox is full. I'm trying to get in touch with you about upgrading my 007. Hoping you'll PM me. My mailbox has plenty of room ;-)