I am almost 1 for 10 on LED flashlights since September

LedTed

Enlightened
This thread got me thinking.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=306784

This fall, my month old SpiderFire C-013 "locked-up". The seller never responded; even after I sent email requests for two weeks.

I have been waiting since October for a JetBeam BK135A black version, hopefully, with a clip. I just found out today … no dice.

Being a "flashoholic", I looked for a replacement for either lost LED flashlight. I ordered a LumaPower ConneXion X2. It was defective. I ate shipping sending the defective flashlight back. The next exact replacement worked great. So, I asked for a second one as a Christmas gift. Guess what? Yep, it didn't work. More shipping costs. And, at least for now, I have given up on LumaPower.

In the mean time, I ordered a Sunwayman C10A from a different vendor. Yep, you guessed it; the flashlight did not work and I yet again had to pay for return shipping. Again, over a week's time wasted waiting for an exact replacement. A family member liked my working replacement and asked me to order a C10A for her. Once again, defective flashlight and wasted shipping costs. I'm giving my working C10A to the family member and waiting on my new exact replacement C10A. If that doesn't work, I'll have to forget about Sunwayman for now.

In total, after giving away my working C10A, I'm one for nine. Well, forget me Sunday! It wouldn't bother me so much if either of the two different sellers had better customer service. Even after I asked, neither would give me expedited shipping on the replacement flashlights. I would have to pay for that. And, without me directly requesting, neither place had the wherewithal to check what they were sending out as replacements.

I'm not buying cheap flashlights. The SpiderFire was $30.00 shipped. The other two brands, with extra shipping, turned into near $70.00 flashlights.

I'm finding it hard to be a loyal customer to just a few vendors; when they, sometimes for reasons beyond their direct control, can't manage to sell working goods.

As quality and service seem "out the door", I guess I'm left simply choosing the places with the best prices.

On a hopeful note, in the near past, both JetBeam and NiteCore have been good brands for me.

I hope that all of you have had better luck this holiday season.

Sincerely,

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time with this light as I have one and really enjoy it.
My only complaint about this light is that it is very particular about how it is screwed together and it kind of freaked me out the first time I replaced the battery and it no longer seemed to work.
When I need to replace the battery I usually tighten the light all the way, turn it on and back it off a little until it lights up.
If you still have one I hope this solves your problem
Good luck!

dss_777

Enlightened
Penny wise, pound foolish?

I wonder if you added up the total out-of-pocket costs for the one (?) working flashlight you have, what spending a bit more up-front might have gotten you.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is an old thread in which all the original replies were lost in the CPF crash

You have to remember a cheap 2AA/2D torch is $1 w/o batteries or $3 with batteries.

So a Spiderfire at $15 -$30 is expensive.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
eBay surfing turns up lots of under $10 lights, I agree if your paying $30 or more it better work.

Sorry to hear about your luck, and on brands I've heard of too, That blows.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
That's why I buy most of my lights from companies that I know have very good customer service! Sorry about your bad luck!

Last edited:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
You have had a truly lousy run of bad luck with your lights. I hope you fare better in the future.

If you want excellent customer service than I can recommend Bryan at shiningbeam.com

beerwax

Enlightened
shipping costs shipping costs shipping costs. if the lights 60 bucks and the shipping is 20, which is what i paid last time to return a light to china, what do you do. would it kill them to open the light put a battery in and try it before they sell it to you ?

theres plenty that are freindly and helpful and exchange no problem but its that shipping cost.

i reckon 30 bucks is the cheap end of what a proper led torch might cost. you can expect cheaper build, cheaper design and problems. 45 bucks and you should be past all that.

cheers