• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

D-Mini VX Ultra Turbo XM-L vs Maelstrom, M2XC4, TR-1200, M2S, M3C4 XML Beamshots

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys!

I just swapped the SST-50 in my D-mini VX Ultra for a XM-L T6 bought from Kaidomain. I used a 20mm Star which fit almost perfectly in the pill. I had to put a penny under the star to elevelate the star to meet the reflector. The beam is perfectly focus. I am not sure how it would compared to the original SST50 becuase my SST50 was defective when I received it. Howveer, it perform great as compared to my other throwers. To the eyes, I think it perform better than everything in my collection except for the M3C4 XML which is an outstanding light. I am considering purchasing a 2.8A driver from shinning beam to see if there is an improvement. Right now the tailcap measure about 1.6A. Which is quite low. I am sure this LED has far more potential approaching 3A current. Here are some photos ordered from weakest to strongest contender appear to my eyes.

_DSC0098.jpg

_DSC0099.jpg

VS Maelstrom

VXUltraTurboXMLVSMaelstromR5.jpg

VS M2XC4 3X R2 Cool

VXUltraTurboXMLVSM2XC4.jpg

VS Trustfire-TR-1200

VXUltraTurboXMLVSTrustfireTR-1200.jpg

VS Jetbeam M2S V2 Smooth

VXUltraTurboXMLVSJetbeamM2SV2Smooth.jpg

VS M3C4 XML

VXUltraTurboXMLVSM3C4XML.jpg