• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Questions about Pyreneese and Ural

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I was thinking about getting a surefire E1B as a police backup light and then I started thinking that maybe I should look at the pyreneese or the new Ural. The size seems similar to the Surefire E1B but might be brighter. The surefire uses a plastic optic instead of a reflector, does the Ural and the Pyreneese also use a plastic optic?

I was curious if someone could provide a short review of the pyreneese and maybe a comparrison to an E1B. Also I am wondering how the new Ural with the xm-l compares to the Pyreneese with the R5?

What is the beam pattern like on these lights? I want a good mix of throw and flood relative to this size of light.

Also how does the computer controlled switch work? How do you cycle through the modes? Does it always start on high or can it be memorized for low for example?

The XM-L says it is 350 lumens on a 3.7v cell while the pyreneese says 225 lumens. How will this light be off of a CR123 at 3.0volts? I ask because as a backup I want to use only primary batteries. Will it still be the same brightness or will it be significantly less?

Any input would be appreciated wheter it be from Peak or someone who has these lights.