Surefire 10X Eneloop Battery Replacement!

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
So I have had a 10x since right after they came out and my 2 B20 batteries have been replaced a couple times by SF and are mostly dead now and I actually feel guilty complaining to SF again, especially since I never really use it anymore anyways.

However, since I have way too many Eneloops after Costco had a sale on their bulk packs I decided to go for it and replace the cells in one of my B20...

First I tested how many Amps the 10X was pulling out of my one sorta good battery and the average was about 3.84A. I then lined up 6 Eneloops and tested those and got 3.95A to 4.05A with approximately the same brightness :)

Then I tore apart the B20, soldered all the Eneloops directly together, hot glued all the spaces, shrink wrapped it, soldered it to the B20 posts, hot glued it all together, and dropped everything back into the B20.

CIMG0147.jpg

CIMG0148.jpg

The ONE glaring issue is that the Eneloops are longer than the A batteries in there so you cannot put the retaining ring back in the B20 and the whole battery can come apart. The plus in this is that I didn't have to bother soldering the charging wires and I can use a correct NiMH charger on the battery pack by just letting it fall out and alligator clipping to the posts.

Everything works just fine when screwed together I did a 10 minute run with no issues aside from bubbling my Lexan lens a bit :(. I am pretty happy with this quick experiment and even happier to have current tech batteries in my old but still super cool 10X!

Dennis.

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I'm really glad to see someone has finally done this. I just recently purchased a 10x off of the bay and hope to modernize it slightly.