Backup LEO Light Suggestions??

N

nightsight

Hi guys. I am looking for suggestions for a backup light that is quite bright and has a decent amount of battery life. I have a scorpion and stinger, and was thinking of an M6. Any mods for these? Any other lights to consider? Any small rechargables? Thanks for the help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Backup LEO Light Suggestions

My back-up is always smaller than my main light and I always use batteries for a back-up so I can depend on it. That said I currently use my SureFire L4 as my back up to my issued polystinger. The L4 is tiny and very light it puts out a bright flood light.

Penguin

Enlightened

You should look into the E2e as well, since it'll only be a backup, lithiums should be fine. The E2e has more throw than the L4, something a LEO would appreciate.

Byron Walter

Enlightened

For reasons unknown, my KL4 head on an E2 body 'seems' to equal the reach of my E2 and provide a much better flood. And I checked it against two E2's. Also consider that the L4 will provide a flat output for ~ 65 minutes (The incandescent E2 will be dimming after 30 or 40 minutes) with a much less likely chance of bulb failure.

See if you can get your mitts on an L4 and take it for a test drive.