EDC Neck Lanyards & Images

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lanyards. I dig em.
Spot-ts.jpg
spot3L-1as.jpg

Above is a S.P.O.T. neck knive and a companion Photon III Covert WE. Below are some ofthe EDC stealth lanyards that I wear. You never know that you have them on really. When you need the items they are there. That's the idea.
]
Mouse1-ts.jpg

This is a Mouse with Kydex sheath and another Photon III; this one with a cyan LED.

lanyardgroup1-t.jpg

Left to right: 1) Leatherman Micra/Photon III Cyan Covert, 2) OD Ultra-G/ Black Mini-Bic/Photon III Orange Crystal & Rave cover, 3) Mouse/PhotonIII Cyan, 4) S.P.O.T./Photon III WE, 5) ARC AAA & Kydex Sheath/OD Plain Edge Ladybug.

There are 5 days in a week-right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyone else packing EDC lights on neck lanyards? More to follow.

A-6

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the hole in the S.P.O.T. sheath for? string cutter?-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
Jason-If you mean the hole in the Kydex sheath itself, and you also mean that little hole located at the tip of the blade, then that is there for drainage.

However, if you are asking about the big hole in the S.P.O.T. blade's handle, then that is there most likely because the "Spydie Hole" is a feature of all Spyderco knife designs. Even their non-folders like the S.P.O.T. So it gives girth without weight I guess. And you can put a finger through it for enhanced grip.

jtice

Flashaholic
Nice set of lanyards you have there.
The S.P.O.T looks great for under the shirt consealed self defence.

Nascar... give up those nasty cigs, and you wont need it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Unless your a pyro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Atomic6 said:
the hole in the Kydex sheath itself...then that is there for drainage.

[/ QUOTE ]

aah.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
never would have figured that one out on my own.

-Jason

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
What's the Mini-Bic red lighter holder thingy? Where can I get one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that one would raise some eyebrows. I just have the one and am working on a supply. I'll post if I find them. This particular lanyard is the "Concert Goers/Ravers Special". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A-6

McGizmo

Flashaholic
A6,

Nice concept and execution there! I don't know about the Ravers package though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Don. 2-Each His/or Her own I guess. I just build them-up. Your milage will vary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the SS Mini clip that is holding the Ultra-G.
A-6

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few more specialty neck lanyard rigs:

sportsman-t.jpg

A Drink, a light and a Cutting tool. Must haves on any serious outting.

nativearc-t1.jpg

Native in Kydex Neck Sheath and ARC CPF Edition

nativearc-t2.jpg

A-6

Continued....

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
chive-sonic-t.jpg

A Kershaw Chive and Sonic make a cool EDC pairing. The SS BeadChain hides inside the Gray ParaCord for smooth wear.

rainbow-chive.jpg

to be continued.....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I like the all bead chain setups. They break fairly easily and minimize risk of being chocked with your neck lanyard.

Bill

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
I like the all bead chain setups. They break fairly easily and minimize risk of being chocked with your neck lanyard.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill-I have been using a soft tubing to couple the beadchain lanyards. Check this out:

para-mini-t.jpg

A-6

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
A-6, cool, didn't notice. Serves both purposes, break-away and comfortable. You make these? Sell them?

Bill

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
tactical-t.jpg

Lastly, here is a Tactical Back-up Rig. It is a lanyard set-up with a CRKT Mini-M16 EDC, an ARC AAA Premium, and a composite Delta Dart with Kydex sheath. I imagine that a member of an elite tactical intervention team may wear something like this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
So that's about it for now......

A-6

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
A-6, just re-read your post about getting a supply if possible. I like the paracord model tied together with bead chain. I would buy several.

Biull

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
A-6, You make these? Sell them?Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

para-mini-ct.jpg

Yes I make them. No I don't sell them. I make all sorts of stuff as a hobbiest. I could supply a few here and there...
A-6

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never been a fan of the ball chain, and only found the brass chain easy to break, the stainless chain they use on dogtags can take alot of force to break and if it twists it's even harder to break and difficult to cut without a tool. I only use short lanyards (about 14" doubled) and only fabric. I also gave up on breakaway due to the fact that I read that the recommended break strength on a break away neck lanyard system be under six pounds (due to the fact that in an emergency you may not be able to offer much leverage against the lanyard), which doesn't leave much strength left to hold anything of substantial weight let alone a kydex sheath that needs to be tugged against to release a knife. I choose to err on the side of caution and remain aware of the dangers involved in using a neck lanyard in certain environments.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Those are great how do you get the chain through the outer cover of the para cord? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
onelight said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Those are great how do you get the chain through the outer cover of the para cord? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you play the Chinese finger puzzle game of course. I'm sure there are tricks of the trade.

A-6