Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys like for pens? ...

Flashaholic

Default Re: What do you guys like for pens? ...

My EDC pen is usually a pilot precise V5 actually just got a new one because my other one totally ran out! I alternate sometimes and use a pentel energel BL107...

Pentel GraphGear 1000

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Pen...Ballpoint.html

Fine point baby!

Nothing like a good Ol Mont Blanc "le Grande"..For gentleman with big paws like me its a nice big pen. Pricey but the basic version is reasonable. Can a pen be comfortable?

inka-pen on my keychains work great for quick stuff.. aside from that cheap pens work for me.

Flashaholic*

I purchased a maxmadco pen a couple of weeks ago, threw a blue finepoint space pen refill in it and am extremely happy with the result. It's not quite as comfortable for long periods of writing as the embassy pen is, but it's worth it to not have to keep up with the cap.

--flatline

Flashaholic*

I usually carry around a matte black Fischer Space Pen but some days when i'm feeling a bit adventurous I carry about my Lamy 2000 FP.

Flashaholic

At home i usually use a parker (i dont know the model but its a normal "clicky"ballpoint)and in my wallet i have the fischer spacepen bullet in blue.also i have a pen in the victorinox swisscard and victorinox Finlandia prime on my carkeys if you count them as pens?

personally i've used only Cross,parker, waterman fountain pens and a Caran d'ache ecridor ball point which i really liked...felt real smooth and good in the hands for some reason

Pilot G2 Limited Edition in Silver as my main pen. (A nice cap-less roller ball.) Blue ink pen insert in my Victorinox SAK Compact model as my back-up pen. I use a Uniball vision micro rollerball at home, along with two different Parker Jotters. Jotter is a great EDC pen.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Jotter is a great EDC pen.
    Lots of people like them, but the tapering of the barrel makes them uncomfortable for me to write with since my grip keeps slipping towards the tip.

--flatline

I usually use what ever we've picked up at shows and exhibition, my wife literally has a couple of shoe boxes full of them she can't help herself

Norm

After reading this (and other) pen threads on CPF,
    i bought the Pilot G-2 in 0.7 tip, blue ink.

It has instantly become my Favorite pen !

I use a Jotter in SS with a medium blue gel refill. I love the thing. Looks sharp and does nice smooth line. I live in a world of cheap, crappy government pens, so mine is a breath of fresh air lol
    "I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work." -Chris Titus

I carry several pens most days and I change my pens nearly daily.
    Today I carried a Noodler's Konrad in my pants pocket and an Esterbrook J and a Sheaffer Snorkel in my pack.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    This is my EDC pen (and one of my lights). I'm not sure what brand it is as it is a promotional pen that my company has (it has our logo etched on the other side.) It has decent heft to it (I believe it is stainless) and takes Parker refills.

Every now and then I go back to one of my several Parker Jotters, but always end up coming back to this one. I guess I just really like how it matches my SST Maratac AAA!

I've been carrying this one for around 10 yrs now. I have 2 more new ones just like it in the event I loose this one. Except the twist mechanisms are very stiff on the new ones. I guess they will break in if and when I ever use them.

I am looking for the stainless hexagonal pen with knurled ends on the google search for this blog/forum. If anybody has any Ideas where I can get this pen please contact me banddkershaw@yahoo.com.au. I lost mine and would love to replace it...

I use the UZI tactical pen. It writes well and can put a hurtin' on someone if need be.
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    Everyday Deals - A place to check out everyday deals
    Facebook - Twitter - Youtube Channel

I only use pens for writing, not for self-defense.

My EDC pen is an Apollo Space Pen: http://www.cyberspacepens.com/pens/F...atic-Pens.html You have to order the color body you want, which comes with a black refill, then order the refill you want. This guy (CyberSpacePens) is also on eBay and sometimes has better deals there.

I have also tried Sharpie Pens. They work as well as space pens, plus they write on surfaces like CDs. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=sharpie+pen

I take notes every day for work and I have always liked the way fountain pens wrote, but didn't like the fact I had to take the cap off to write. Not fast enough for a quick note. Then I found the Pilot Vanishing point. Super cool clicky fountain pen. Carries tip up so no need to worry about ink bleeding on your shirt.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by stoli67 View Post
    A few of my Pelikans for you

I like my Pelikans too ... I EDC my Blue striated set of four 400's ... Pen with OB nib , Pencil , Roller Ball and Ballpoint ... I also like my Toledo M700 , M450 and M650 both with Vermeil caps and OM nibs , K650 Vermeil Ballpoint ... Also got a couple of Cirago Blue P381's plus another that I can't remember the model number of ... Also got a couple of Pelikan Tri-pens

I used to collect Conway Stewarts but got rid of nearly 400 different models/colours ... I kept a Model 58 in Dartmoor , a Dandy in Azure and a Duro in Sepia Blue ... All these are modern and unused.

Got a Sheaffer Ballance 2 in Amber Glow with a stub nib ... Writes gorgeous ... Got the Ballpen to go with it too ... Also got my first good pen bought in 1957 ... Black Sheaffer Snorkel (restored a few years ago) plus the matching Ballpoint and Pencil.

There are a few others , but I just love my Pelikans best.

I have tried a few Mont Blancs , but just had to sell them in favour of the Pelikans ... Personal choice , I suppose.

I always carry a Parker jotter.

I was also always hearing about the pilot G2 so I went to a near bookstore and bought one. It really isn't smooth and would sometimes skip. Did I just get a dud or maybe just overhyped(no offense)?

Pilot V Ball.
    Pelican Versabrite incan 2xAA knockoff, cell phone screen.

I really like the Pilot G2, I have a few I use in the office. I have been using the sharpie pens lately and I like those too, not great for writing tickets though, and I'd much rather a clicky. My only problem is that at work I carry my pens on my left sleeve, and the slots will not fit the thicker pens (G2).

Great thread.
    I've always used a Uni-Ball PowerTank Ballpoint. Someone loaned one of these to me on a geocaching/backpacking trip and it performed so well I've always had one since.
    It writes on wet paper, upside-down, in below zero temps, and even in zero-gravity (I hope I need this someday - SpaceX here we come). It has a pressurized ink tank which makes it write easily in inconvenient conditions. I've signed moldy,wet,slimy logs with this without a hiccup. Anything to log a cache...

I like nice pens and I have lost more then my share of them. The last one put me over the edge. I have thus decided "no more expensive pens for me" so now I use the Zebra F310. They cost about a buck apiece if purchased in a 10 pack. They are good to write with, have a nice grip and feel like a much more expensive pen. And when I loose them I don't care.

Hello,

Definitively the fisher pens specially these two models :

- AG7 - Original Astronaut Space Pen (because it is the original one who went into space)
    and
    - 400 - Chrome Bullet Space Pen (because it's beautiful)

Regards

Gribouille

Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

These are my three most used.
    There is a SS maxmadco pen - retractable pen - takes Parker refills
    A black AL maxmadco pen - retractable pen - parker refills
    and a Ti Bolt which was a kickstarter pen - made by Brian Fellhoelter- will be available from Brian AFTER all of the Kickstarter orders are filled. I'm guessing a few months out yet. Very cool and fun pen!
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody ó it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

I've got this one: "There is a SS maxmadco pen - retractable pen - takes Parker refills".
    I carry it daily.

Bill

Flashaholic

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post

So, uh, you like Uni-balls?

--flatline