Oh so WHITE Magcharger

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I'm using the newer stock "brighter" Mag bulb and it is distinctly *whiter* than my Tigerlight, Ultrastinger and Stinger HP. As for the Tigerlight, great though it is, I am very disappointed at the beam inconsistancy from lamp to lamp. I now have a multigenerational set of seven Tigerlight lamps and most of them seem relatively yellow and uncentered, though my first one was and is excellent. I don't use the light very much and I'm puzzled about its relative yellowness. I can't imagine that it be time for a battery change.

BTW, I'm currently running Powerstream 2.5's in the MC, but I doubt that they would produce a whiter beam, just a longer run. If I needed a very bright light for a couple of hours I think my preferred light would be the MagCharger. If the Tigerlight had a more consistant beam and quick change battery like the Mag, US and Stinger HP I might consider it for that role. Sure, the Mag is big and heavy but I feel that I can rely on it, and it is one of the few long burn incandescent lights that has not disappointed me.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
I take it this new bulb comes with the Magcharger? Where did you purchase it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been out for a while now and you might even have it.

BUY MAGCHARGER BULB

Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Magcharger

It is interesting that this old warhorse is getting attention. I've been using it since 1984. I gave away my first one after owning and using it for 17 years. I bought another in the Fall of 2001 and equipped it with the new bulb; placing a spare in the tailcap. It is one of only six flashlights that I currently own and is backup to my Surefire 9N.

A few months after joining CPF, I actively sought to find a replacement for the "Big Mag;" allowing myself to somewhat get caught up in the acquisition frenzy of brighter, smaller flashlight packages that typically befalls many CPF members.

I ordered and evaluated several rechargeable flashlight models in the same category in which the Magcharger falls. I found myself seeking to replace the Magcharger for the sole reason of replacing the object itself instead of finding a replacement that would allow me conduct my tasks more efficiently for which I typically use this product for.

I didn't find a better alternative for my needs. It's just a tool for me. I place it in the charging cradle when I don't use it. Before joining CPF, I didn't think twice about the beam quality of the Magcharger (or any other flashlight). [Actually, the so called "beam" is a misnomer for the projected spot.]

It is unlikely that the Magcharger in my inventory will ever be replaced. Price is not the issue. There are certainly other portable, rechargeable flashlights of the same or smaller size that are purportedly brighter and better. I have evaluated all of them that are readily available to the the average consumer. Each of them have at least one characteristic that betters the Magcharger. I can replace the Magcharger with any of them and would likely use them in the same manner. I bought my current Magcharger for just under $30.00 (including tax) from a sporting goods store that was going out of business. I see no reason to replace it since it performs adequately.

moraino

Enlightened
Re: Magcharger

Hi kogatana,

Welcome back. I always enjoy the posts from you and Brightnorm. They are informative and enjoyable to read.

I guess I have to buy a Magcharger after my two ASP Triac and Tiger 8 incher. I am still looking for the one that can reach farther. Any more Magcharger left from that store? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Henry