Surefire Maximus, Minimus AA, Minimus Tactical and Minimus Vision!

edc3

Enlightened
Anybody else seen the CPF Facebook Fan Photos from Show Show?

• Maximus rechargeable headlamp 1-500 lumens!
  • Minimus 2XAA!
  • Minimus Tactical
  • Minimus Vision - A warm Minimus!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...o.136997678491

Im very interested in a Minimus AA and a warmer-colored Minimus.

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
the maximus and double A minimus are in the new catalog not on the website though....

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
That photo's kinda small...here's screenshots of the SF Minimus AA from the goinggear video...

sf1.png

sf2.png

sf3.png

Last edited:

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
I would love to own the Minimus AA, but the project is currently on hold.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the CR123 Minimus, the tube held the cell. Now it appears the 2AA go into the (large) black box behind the tube. So what's in the tube now, empty space? Or does the tube hold one of the two AAs? And why do we need a Borg-type external wire? Wouldn't that get hung up on things, provide an entry point for water, and be a point of weakness/failure?

It seems to me that a 2AA Minimus required a redesign, and SF decided to just modify the CR123 version a little instead. Looking at the design, I wish they'd just made an in-tube 1AA design and kept the nifty sleek tube design...narrower and a bit longer for an AA. As is, I think you're going to have quite a bit of "weight forward" with this design. I really like AA headlamps, but for the Minimus I think I'd be more likely to pony up for the CR123 high CRI version.

I can't help but compare this 2AA Minimus against the Spark SD52, and I think they got the SD52 a lot more compact and integrated. (And brighter.)

Last edited:

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
With the CR123 Minimus, the tube held the cell. Now it appears the 2AA go into the (large) black box behind the tube. So what's in the tube now, empty space? And why do we need a Borg-type external wire? Wouldn't that get hung up on things, provide an entry point for water, and be a point of weakness/failure?

It seems to me that a 2AA Minimus required a redesign, and SF decided to just modify the CR123 version a little instead. Looking at the design, I wish they'd just made a 1AA design and kept the nifty sleek tube design...narrower and a bit longer for an AA. As is, I think you're going to have quite a bit of "weight forward" with this design.

Agreed. I'd buy that single AA version.

johnny0000

Newly Enlightened
Well....I'll believe it when I actually see it with my own eyes on store shelves. Hopefully, it'll come out by Shot Show 2013.:sick2:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am quite disappointed in my Minimus Vision. The tint is nice and warm but the shape of the LED is being projected right onto the centre of the entire beam pattern, causing an artifact to form. Also, I don't know what is with Surefire that they are so stingy when it comes to lubrication. The control dial on my Vision squeaks like hell when I turn it. Overall, the design and built is nice. I think I still prefer my Zebralight H501w and H51Fw.

JoVo

Newly Enlightened
I am quite disappointed in my Minimus Vision. The tint is nice and warm but the shape of the LED is being projected right onto the centre of the entire beam pattern, causing an artifact to form.
Hm, that is really sad. Can you guess what kind of emitter is in there?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm, that is really sad. Can you guess what kind of emitter is in there?
Nope I can't tell. The domed lens just makes the LED look so big it looks like an MC-E in there but I am very sure it's not.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
...the shape of the LED is being projected right onto the centre of the entire beam pattern, causing an artifact to form.....

Is this similar to the artifact reported by the earlier (greenish tint) Saints? (See 3 beamshots at end of first post here)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this similar to the artifact reported by the earlier (greenish tint) Saints? (See 3 beamshots at end of first post here)
Yes it is. I have never been bothered much by beams that aren't smooth, but here in the Minimus Vision I am very disappointed. Thought they have rectified the problem by now but it isn't.