Headlamps and Aspheric lenses
1. Headlamps - V4 Spikelights
The Spikelights are available again and they are better than ever:
Machined aluminium body with crown glass lenses.
It comes with two beams, a bombproof switch, a programmable interface, plastic brackets, durable 40mm elastic, and Oring seals everywhere for underwater fun.
Same spot beam that made the ahorton lens so famous.
Very Smooth, Neutral Flood.
The 4th version has easily replaced LEDs so I can customise it to suit most dreams.
I like to make the spot with a dedomed XP-E2 (R4) and the flood with a neutral XM-L2 or Nichia219, but it can take any LEDs that fit on a 16mm noctigon / sinkpad board. Plus you can change them later with a screwdriver.
The flood is available with a variety of optics but my favourite is a Ledil-Tina-Diffuse (shown above). It is very usable and very smooth.
Runs on one or two standard 18650 cells in parallel. A flexible cable makes it possible to change the cells one at a time - in front of your face - without the light going off or taking it off your head.
Custom User Interfaces are available or you can make your own if you know how to program an ATTINY microcontroller.
Send me a PM or email if you want more details.
Or you can just send $300 to my Paypal (email@example.com) with a note saying I WANT ONE!
2. Aspheric lenses - 27.2mm.
Fits in most p60 hosts. Check your dimensions. You'll need at least 27.3mm diameter inside your head to be sure.
Search the forum for 'ahorton aspheric' and you'll see where they've been used.
(Identical optically to my 30mm lens which sold so well. See: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-Aspheric-Lens)
All dimensions in mm.
P60 Spacer + Aspheric Lens Kit - Version 3 - 5th batch - Available now!
For use with a 27.2mm lens and a M20x1.0mm threaded pill (the pill can be bought on DX for a few dollars).
Previously sold and discussed here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...and-P60-Spacer
(Sadly a lot of the discussion was lost in the crash but I salvaged what I could find)
Version 2 Spacer Kit:
Version 3 kit details:
- Bottom spacer is Sandblasted and black anodised aluminium.
- Slightly narrower than the first version to fit in more hosts.
- Version 3 nolonger includes the front ring. Most hosts don't need this so I have removed it to keep the price down.
- Adjustable. So you'll need to put a drop of glue or thread locker in the threads before adjusting to the perfect focus and leaving it to cure. Very easy to do without any skill. It should also open up the possibility to use it with more LEDs than just the XR-E, XP-E2, XP-E, XP-G2, XP-G, XM-L etc.
Kit Includes: One lens, one spacer
Current prices for everything above:
All prices are $AUD, but I'm happy to accept $USD if you prefer.
27.2mm P60 Aspheric Lenses
1 - $35 each ($35 total)
2 - $22.5 each ($45 total)
3 - $16.67 each ($50 total)
4 or more - $15 each ($60 total for 4)
10 or more - $10 each ($100 total for 10)
20 or more - $8 each ($160 total for 20)
100 or more - $6 each ($600 total for 100)
P60 Spacers only (no lenses) (3rd version - 5th batch)
1 - $30 each ($30 total)
2 - $25 each ($50 total)
3 - $22 each ($66 total)
4 or more - $20 each ($80 total for 4)
10 or more - $17 each ($170 total for 10)
KITS: P60 Aspheric Lens + Spacer (3rd version - 5th batch)
1 - $50 each ($50 total)
2 - $40 each ($80 total)
3 - $ 35 each ($105 total)
4 or more - $30 each ($132 total for 4)
10 or more - $25 each ($250 total for 10)
Extra lenses (if buying at least one P60 kit) - $6 each
Remember that there are distributors who can offer cheaper prices and faster shipping than what is listed on this page.
Check out the links to see their prices.
Postage options: (Worldwide)
1. Regular airmail (7-14 days) - free
2. Registered airmail (Signature on delivery but no tracking outside of Australia, 7-14 days) + $20
3. Express (Signature on delivery but no tracking outside of Australia and only takes 3-7 days) + $50
4. Express Courier (Tracking, signature and only takes 2-4 days) + $70
Australian discount - $15 off total order if you live in Australia and order at least one lens.
Group buys are welcome. Feel free to use this thread to organise one.
I will not write anything dishonest on the customs forms.
PM me or post below with any questions