Olympia Products
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

Default Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, screws, headlamps, connectors, Silicone grease and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ahorton View Post
    .... and that's a new record.

Significantly higher than the previous record at a claimed 32K cp

So the (approximate) results so far have been:

XR-E R2 1000mA EZ1000 --> 20K cp
    XR-E R2 1000mA EZ900 --> 25K cp (+ 25%)
    XR-E R2 1400mA EZ900 --> 32K cp (+28%)
    Saabluster's magic LED --> 58K cp (+81%)

Is the game over now?
    Game over?! I'm just getting started. To get much higher than this in the current host will be difficult though. I'm guessing the most I can squeeze out of this package, and I do mean squeeze, is going to be in the 80-90K cp range. We shall see.

Default Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, screws, headlamps, connectors, Silicone grease and more)

Maker of Aspheric Lenses and Headlamps.

Does anyone have pictures of design ideas?? I am currently using 52mm aspheric condenser lenses from CVI Laser, but I'd like to go with a P60 host like the SolarForce L2 since these are going to be scope and or rail mounted. Would I have enough room for a 18650 with this focal length of your 27mm aspheric?

We seem to have lost all the pictures from the previous thread, and none here : )
    Last edited by Aircraft800; 04-06-2011 at 07:04 AM.

If you post detailed internal dimensions then it can be worked out.

Otherwise I can't say because I don't own that light.

The lens is designed for P60 so it fits in most that can take a 27.3mm diameter dropin.

If you post detailed internal dimensions then it can be worked out.

Otherwise I can't say because I don't own that light.

The lens is designed for P60 so it fits in most that can take a 27.3mm diameter dropin.
    The Solarforce L2 uses a P60 dropin, the only difference I see is the Solarforce uses 1X 18650 vs. the Surefire 6P's 2x CR123A, that's why I chose to go that route. Is there a hefty pill that can be used? The one that comes with the reflector assy from DX I have here is very thin, and is probably suited for lower drive currents, like 700mAh. Since I won't need a reflector with an aspheric, it would be nice if the pill threaded or pressed into the head instead of threading into the reflector.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircraft800 View Post
    Since I won't need a reflector with an aspheric, it would be nice if the pill threaded or pressed into the head instead of threading into the reflector.
    Yeah that's definitely the better option. The spacers I've made are just a quick and cheap method of getting an aspheric P60. What is really needed is to abandon the 'drop-in' concept and make a whole host around the LED and lens.

I'm not aware of a commonly available pill that does much better than DX ones. Agreed they are pretty thin.

Just got the lenses.... damn nice... I may regret not buying more

I'll play some this weekend, but it looks like a focal length of 5mm?!
    My next XM-L light gonna be nice...!

Is that 5mm from top of XM-L dome to flat back of lens?

I thought it was more like 9.5mm with the XM-L but I've never tried it myself. This is just going off what others have said.

The XR-E should give about 6.5mm for best focus, but down to about 5.8mm give similar brightness but more blurred.

5mm is an aprox it's likely a couple more since I need to defocus it just a hair. I'll have the real number next week

Ahorton, your links to those crazy headlamps are down. Would you mind including them in this thread?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
    Ahorton, your links to those crazy headlamps are down. Would you mind including them in this thread?

Thanks,
    Kevin

All fixed now!

Default Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

New spacers available for discounted pre-order. See first post for details.

Flashaholic*

I will take two spacers and one lens.

2 spacers = $50
    .....1 lens = $10
    ..shipping = $15

total = $75

Please paypal me your paypal addy and I will make payment.
    Last edited by Gary123; 04-11-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Brass Dragonheart, JHanko D10 17 trits, 2C Flex Dragon w/Aleph 3 Milky MCE, Mac 4Rebel Aleph custom, Ti Gatlight, 3xP7 LZ Megalennium, TNC aspheric, MC-E Gotham w/optic, Extreme Micro, BB Haiku XP-G, Kuku Volere & D10, Drake, FM 26650 w/ copper VIDSM quad

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    I will take two spacers and one lens.

2 spacers = $50
    .....1 lens = $10
    ..shipping = $15

total = $75

Please paypal me your paypal addy and I will make payment.
    My Paypal is ash.horton@gmail.com

I noticed from your request that 2 spacers plus 1 lens at the standard price, costs the same as 2 kits at the discounted. So maybe I should have also offered a discount on the spacers by themselves otherwise you might as well get 2 kits for $60. Then I noticed that you're from USA so there'd be an extra $9 customs fee on top of what you'd mentioned. So let's leave it at $75.

If anyone here in the US is planning on getting together a group buy on these kits I would definitely take one.

Flashaholic*

Paypal is sent. Thanks.
    Brass Dragonheart, JHanko D10 17 trits, 2C Flex Dragon w/Aleph 3 Milky MCE, Mac 4Rebel Aleph custom, Ti Gatlight, 3xP7 LZ Megalennium, TNC aspheric, MC-E Gotham w/optic, Extreme Micro, BB Haiku XP-G, Kuku Volere & D10, Drake, FM 26650 w/ copper VIDSM quad

Hi, I just Paypaled you $54.00US for (1) Aspheric + spacer "Kit" shipped to the US.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I've updated the purchase list.

Just FYI 9.5mm off the top of the dome is the focal point. I'm refocusing for a wider beam at 6.5mm it's a very nice beam, good throw and very little spill

I'm glad I ordered two lenses as I chipped one checking my bore size....

I'll have to order some more soon.

Any links to pictures of these babies in action?

Welcome to CPF!

Here are some examples of them being used:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...pheric-WF-501B
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-xml-at-2800ma
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...AX-with-SST-90!

There are others around if you search the forum for 'ahorton' and 'aspheric'

Looks like the kits will be ready in about another week, maybe two. It took a bit longer than I was expecting.

The last of the available lenses have now been sold but there are more on the way. Since I know there are more coming, I'm now selling from the ones I had kept aside for myself.

When the spacers arrive and get sent off, I think I'll redo the pricing structure so that everything is a little more expensive but has free shipping. Let me know if that's a silly idea. I'm hoping that this will be simpler for buyers.

In order to have the more information about possible variations in the lenses I'm selling, please have a look at this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...56#post3639956

I invite any previous buyers to contribute.

Edit: The resultant decision was that there is no real problem. There is a bit of known variation in the quality of the lenses but it is not enough to justify sorting them into bins.
    Last edited by ahorton; 05-13-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Enlightened

Hi,

May I order 1 kit + 1 extra lens?

I make that $30+$10 + international shipping ($!5) = total $55.

If that's right I'll PP the funds.

Thanks,
    JN

Hi Jaybee,

$55 looks right. I'm hoping they'll be ready this week.

Ashley

Enlightened

Hi Jaybee,

$55 looks right. I'm hoping they'll be ready this week.

Ashley
    Thanks Ashley,

Payment sent.

JB

The spacers have been made!

I just got these photos from the machinist. Depending on when I can collect them, I should have them by mid next week. Hopefully I can start posting them by next Friday. Sorry for the delay, I had some rather more complicated parts being machined in the same batch and they caused the delays.

The new ones are sandblasted and I think I like these ones more than the earlier ones.

I'll take one of these kits too please - is that $45 posted to the UK?

Yes $45 to the UK is right.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast