My Dad's Custom Leatherwork-Sheaths!

nbp

Flashaholic
My dad is a smart and handy guy. A smart and handy guy with some 30 years of experience in designing and manufacturing motorcycle and recreational vehicle seating products. As such, he has very good design skills, and is pretty useful with a pile of leather and a heavy duty sewing machine. :thumbsup:

I recently got a custom knife which came with a kydex sheath. Nice sheath, but not for me. So I asked my dad to make me a sheath from some heavy leather, showing him some other sheaths like what I wanted. So, he whipped a couple up for me. :party: I think they turned out really nicely, especially as these are the first knife sheaths he has ever made! These are for the Landi Kinzua pictured.

Here are a few pics of the sheaths, let us know what you think of them. He said if there were a couple of very popular knives around here that people felt needed sheaths made for, he'd consider buying the knives :)devil:) and using them as templates to design some leather sheaths to sell. So your likes, dislikes, and ideas for improvement on these ones could be helpful. Obviously, there are many different styles of leather or other embellishments that could be added, these are pretty simple, but they do the job, and are a good jumping off point. Hope you like them. :wave:

p1000568o.jpg

p1000569y.jpg

p1000570o.jpg

p1000572g.jpg

p1000573.jpg