What mount fits a Fenix TK35?

• Thread starter z_Thomas Nakaki
  • Start date
Z

z_Thomas Nakaki

I was thinking about usinga Fenix TK35 mounted to my handlebars. I have not seen any mounts that would fit. Any suggestions? :)

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I was just about to post the same question. I was at a store that stocks some Fenix lights the other day and noticed they had a newer/more robust looking bar mount. It does look bigger than their old one but I couldn't tell if it was big enough for the TK35 as they didn't have one.

Here's that new mount:

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=71

pe2er

Enlightened
1629011.jpg
1629011.jpg
1629011.jpg

:D

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I was wondering about that... any chance some one out there with a 2 fishblock and TK35 could let us know? Thanks

villa real

Newly Enlightened
I was just about to post the same question. I was at a store that stocks some Fenix lights the other day and noticed they had a newer/more robust looking bar mount. It does look bigger than their old one but I couldn't tell if it was big enough for the TK35 as they didn't have one.

Here's that new mount:

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=71

Is this mount exclusive for the tk35 ???

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
No - in fact I doubt it will work for the TK 35... it just looks more robust than their old one. Quite a bit bigger on the outside but I don't know that it is much bigger on the inside....

CPFBiology

Enlightened
twofish megablock (oversized version) - the strap is adjustable

if not, sew an additional strap to it to extend it:

Megablock-XL_web.jpg

srfreddy

Enlightened
A cyclopblock and some rubber bands should hold it well (the bands for added security for the odd shaped body)

ThomasNakaki

Newly Enlightened
Is the cycloblock strap replaceable, so that it would fit the Fenix TK35 securely. I am not sure that I would trust rubber bands.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Hi Thomas,

Thank-you for your question. Unfortunately, the Twofish Cyclopblock does not have replaceable straps, at least not easily replaceable. In order to replace them, you would have to cut them off with a knife or scissors, then place new ones in and stitch those on, or sew them on.

ThomasNakaki

Newly Enlightened
Would it be better to use a Fenix TK41, since it seems that mounts would be much simpler to find? It seems that for bike use, the extra size and weight would not be that much of an issue.

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering about that... any chance some one out there with a 2 fishblock and TK35 could let us know? Thanks

I use the standard fishblock mounts on my bike and there is enough strap length to fit my tk35 just fine:thumbsup: It holds it relatively stable over road riding and doesnt bounce up and down much.

CyberCT

Enlightened
I use the standard fishblock mounts on my bike and there is enough strap length to fit my tk35 just fine:thumbsup: It holds it relatively stable over road riding and doesnt bounce up and down much.

Can you please post a pic of how you set this up exactly?

Nate

Newly Enlightened
I make up torch mounts that fit from 22-32mm - whats the diameter?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, the Twofish Cyclopblock does not have replaceable straps, at least not easily replaceable. In order to replace them, you would have to cut them off with a knife or scissors, then place new ones in and stitch those on, or sew them on.
With the twofish C block, you can just pull the strap through and put in a longer strap.
Here's my set up:
14012010143.jpg

The red thing you see there is a washer. What I did was sew a longer bit of velcro around the washer and threaded the other end through the slit. The strap then goes around and loops through the washer and back over the torch.