PK Design Lab

Thread: RCL-3000

Enlightened

Default RCL-3000

My wife and I just dropped of a couple of bags of donated clothes to Value Village.

Typically if I'm near there I might drop in and check out any cheapy flashlights or transistor radios. Many times they're cheap enough

I paid $5.00 for this light, came with the wrong wall charger (I have plenty) and the remote control was missing (no biggy)

It's charging as I type: I have never seen this brand before and wonder if anyone else has one or has seen one.

Im going to assume that the battery is shot. It if takes a charge, Ill be a head of the game. If not, its an easy fix to replace the 6V lead-acid.

It's a dual flouresent tubular bulb with 3 settings. It looks like it's half decently built, same as, or maybe better than the Coleman lights.

Anyone else have one? I'll eventually post a picture if anyone is interested.

Default Re: RCL-3000

Yes a picture please.

I may have something simular. Its a Two tube flourescent with high and low.
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 03-13-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: comments

Unenlightened

It has been a while since this was originally posted but I am taking a stab at it. I have been given a RCL 3000 that doesn't work and I didn't want to automatically assume it was the battery that was the cause and plop down another $25 without checking. Is there a way I can troubleshoot to make sure of the part I need before plunging in? The manual for this piece is worthless. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by BriteIdea View Post
    My wife and I just dropped of a couple of bags of donated clothes to Value Village.

Typically if I'm near there I might drop in and check out any cheapy flashlights or transistor radios. Many times they're cheap enough

I paid $5.00 for this light, came with the wrong wall charger (I have plenty) and the remote control was missing (no biggy)

It's charging as I type: I have never seen this brand before and wonder if anyone else has one or has seen one.

Im going to assume that the battery is shot. It if takes a charge, Ill be a head of the game. If not, its an easy fix to replace the 6V lead-acid.

It's a dual flouresent tubular bulb with 3 settings. It looks like it's half decently built, same as, or maybe better than the Coleman lights.

Anyone else have one? I'll eventually post a picture if anyone is interested.

See this.

Bill