Looking for a replacement knife...

bstrickler

Enlightened
I'm looking for a temporary (or possibly permanent) replacement for my current EDC knife, before I send it out to get sharpened finally (finally needs sharpening after about a year).

I don't have a huge budget, and I love the style of my BM 10300. If anyone knows of a knife made of good steel, and is heavy (I HATE light knives), please let me know. I've been looking for a few days now, but haven't been successful in finding a knife I like.

It MUST be able to keep an edge, and be sharp enough for moderate to heavy use (I stock the fridge and freezer at work, and have to cut a LOT of cardboard. One would not expect cardboard to dull knives quickly, but it does).

I currently have a budget of $75 (trying to save up for a new car, so Im trying to budget everything else).

If you're able to sharpen knife blades (no handle or anything), let me know. I have a knife that I've been working on, but haven't gotten around to fully sharpening, and am willing to pay someone to sharpen it for me. I'm pretty sure I've already hardened it, but not 100% sure. PM me if you have fair prices.

~Brian

adnj

Enlightened
Yep. My favorite the ZT0200! Heavy and you can find one new for a bit more than your budget. But I have to ask why you would beat the crap out of your blade with cardboard cutting when a Stanley knife with snap blades is about $8. I sharpen my knives often and I can tell you that cardboard is a killer on just about anything.

predator86

Newly Enlightened
Can't go wrong with a BM griptilian. Great price and alot of different blade options.