• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2xCR123 McClicky Pack's 17670 compatibility??

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried a couple CPF searches with different search parameters with no luck. I'm trying to determine which 17670 cells are compatible with Don's 2xCR123 pack size-wise. I was going to make an order with Lighthound today and am going to pick up a Pila IBC along with (2) 17670 cells of unknown make...leaning toward either the red AW IMR's or black AW 3.7v LiIon's. I don't care if I need to remove the battery labels to make them slide in. I just don't want it to be like pulling teeth trying to remove them for a recharge once installed. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. :wave:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious as well. I have a couple ideas in mind with regard to a 2xCR123 McClicky pack that would benefit from this answer. I too have searched with little luck.

I would have guessed that the battery in question would be the 18650? Now you see how truly newbie I am. :shakehead

obi

Scottiver

Enlightened
I had one of those packs briefly and I could not use an AW 17670 even with the label off. I could have got the battery in, but I wasn't sure if I could have gotten it out again so I didn't shove it in all the way, and I returned the pack to Don and got the 1x123 pack instead.

fabienne

Enlightened
Well I've got 2x123 body from TiMule 6V wave and 17670 fits perfectly. It can be put in and out easily.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 2 of these - AW 17670 fits with the label off - but I do need to swing the light - cupping the open end in my hand - to get the battery to start to move out - then I grab it & pull it out. The ultrafire 17670s are considerably larger in diameter.