Does anyone carry insurance on their lights ?

cw_mi

Enlightened
I saw this question come up in a gun forum about gun collections, then I saw Shado's post about his collection and now am curious what others do ? A few McGizmo's , a Spy or two and now you are starting to have some serious coin in your collection. I'm wondering if people just hope their homeowners will cover any theft or if their are special places that provide a policy.

Ive recently started an assets list of all my collectables and Im up to $10k and am not finished yet. Everything is in a safe but you just never know.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
My homeowner's insurance covers the items in my house. Guns, lights, everything. Your policy should be written the same way.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My homeowner's insurance covers the items in my house. Guns, lights, everything. Your policy should be written the same way.

If you are really concerned yes you can get insurance on it. The biggest problem is showing reciepts for it all if it gets lost.

One thing my friend recommended is to document my collection. I have over 40 surefires. Most of them all have unique Serial numbers. Which is obviously a good thing for documentation.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, mine are insured. I have receipts for a few of them, but not all. But, my insurance carrier doesn't seem the type to worry.

richpalm

Banned
The first thing is don't blab all over locally what you've got... and make sure you've got replacement cost coverage!