Fold out knife for left handed

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a well weighted blade like a ckrt for my southpaw. I already wear my flashlight on my rightside, and a leatherman some days. I don't even cut with my right but that's how all my knifed unfold and clipped for right handed peeps :)

Figured I'd pick the brains of my fellow CPFers

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
I understand the problem. I shoot ambidextrously and some days actually carry my pistol on the right side. I found some Benchmades are available already tapped for moving the carry clip to the other side of the knife to facilitate carrying on the left side.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am left handed, too, and carry a Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Spyderco Native, or SOG Trident Tanto knife.

Several of the knives made by those manufacturers allow for the pocket clip to be attached to either side. In addition, the method of opening works well with either hand.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too use a folding pocket knife with either hand. Many knives have a stud that can be simply unscrewed and put on the other side of the blade for pocket carry. Some models allow the clip to be moved, some not. Be sure to check before you purchase a knife.

gsr

Enlightened
Here is another vote for Benchmade, particularly the AXIS Lock models. They are easily opened, closed, and carried righty or lefty.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
I have a feeling of deja vu with this thread. But here goes anyway.

Spyderco Manix II ambidextrous, tough, great ergos and great value. Similar lock to the Benchmades already mentioned, but for my money fits the hand and works better.

edgarv

Newly Enlightened
i too, is a leftie. i can handle a butterfly, our native balisong and an SF G2Led in my right hand without any problems...

mahoney

Enlightened
Benchmade axis lock models and Spyderco ball lock models are easy to use with either hand. Benchmade thumb studs will unscrew for swapping with the application of a little heat to free the Locktite. Knives using the "Paul" lock system (Gerber, Lone Wolf, Benchmade) are almost as easy to use with the left hand as with the right.

Maxbo

Newly Enlightened
Spyderco military has a left hand model if you are looking for a large liner lock folder.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Chris Reeve offers the Sebenza in a left handed setup.

Yes, they do :D

DSCF2180.JPG

DSCF2183.JPG

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thank you guys. I bought to use it, and I "do" carry it daily. It is already showing some "character" marks from daily use :D

Will

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I VERY MUCH LOVE my SOG Twitch XL! It is a Lock Back and a flipper assisted opener. And the clip can be switched.

It has a blade of I do not know what steel, but they cryo treat it and it gets and stays SHARP!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! It has a deep hide clip!

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Here is another vote for Benchmade, particularly the AXIS Lock models. They are easily opened, closed, and carried righty or lefty.
Benchmade axis lock models and Spyderco ball lock models are easy to use with either hand. Benchmade thumb studs will unscrew for swapping with the application of a little heat to free the Locktite.
There are a lot of great knives available now, but my overall favorite is the Benchmade Axis models, and they're one of the absolute best for ambidextrous use.