EZAA + XM-L

dandism

Enlightened
I know, another XM-L mod, but how can you get tired of lumens? :devil:

So this started out as a Nitecore EZAA with the XP-E R2. I was lucky to find that the came off with little force making it a good candidate for an emmiter upgrade. I had a few XM-L's on small boards that I got from Craig at www.illuminationsupply.com that had the perfect dimensions for the EZAA so I just had to do it.

I started out by drilling out the hole in the reflector as the XM-L is significantly wider than the XP-E. I then ground down the base of the reflector so that the XM-L can peek through it. Then it was just a matter of unsoldering the XP-E, removing it, epoxying the XM-L and soldering the wires.

2011-02-10142056.jpg

2011-01-30145606.jpg

2011-02-10142259.jpg

The beam pattern now shows a nice large hotspot which I find more usefull for edc purposes. The spill is also noticeably brighter. I love it! :rock:

megabit

Newly Enlightened
Hi

How do you unscrew the head? Clockwise or counterclockwise? Do you use lot of force? Was it glued?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

dandism

Enlightened
Hi

How do you unscrew the head? Clockwise or counterclockwise? Do you use lot of force? Was it glued?

thanks in advance

They are regular threads. I was just lucky that mine didn't take much effort to loosen, perhaps because it was a hot day?