• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger 10180 or 10280, is it DD? ok for QTC?

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
I was considering getting an eiger for my keychain, with a thought to getting a level 8 then fitting a QTC pill to give infinitely adjustable brightness/runtime, anyone tried this, any input on that idea?

What about size difference between 10180 and 10280 for keychain carry, is the 10280 an ok size/weight for keychain carry?

And do Peak ship to Scotland or are there any Peak dealers who do?

MWClint

Enlightened
after reading this original thread....

Ordered 70 QTC's from mutr http://www.mutr.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1144
Paid $21 US total shipped.. took < 2 weeks.

shipping was airmail from UK to NY and cost only £2.50 pounds. not the £35 pounds as specified on their shipping page.(i had emailed them a few days prior to get a shipping quote and they said it would only be a few bucks as the QTC's weigh practically nothing.)

dropped a qtc at the base of a Peak Pacific CR2 Brass Pocket SP (w/U2SWOH seoul). QTC's are absolutely wonderful in peaks. smooth ramping from insanely low to high.

Tried it on a 2xAAA eiger with momentary tailswitch(removed the spring, added a spacer to give the tailswitch a solid feel.)...the firmer you press, the more light you get. or you can just tighten the head to set a desired output.

Single AAA Eiger #8 worked great with lithium ion 10440 + QTC as well. one of my new favorite combos. stainless steel rebel eiger keychain body.

with what ive played with so far...a 10180/280 should work out well for you copiertech. eiger aluminum in either size will be very light. the qtc will give it decent runtime.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great info. Just ordered some to play with, my key chain light is 10280 DD XPE, this will do wonders

Last edited:

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
How easy is it to do an emitter swap in one of these to an xml?
I sent a purchase enquiry to peak through their website a few weeks ago but have not had a reply

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tried a QTC in a Peak. Truly awesome combination. Takes Peaks from great to amazing. Curt, if you are reading this... why not ship QTCs with Peak lights?

eala

jonesy

Enlightened
I'd be interested in one for my brass peak eiger #8 as well. If you want some funds to cover mail to Ohio l can cover it!

Curt R

Enlightened
We have about 1200 QTCs in stock and have designed a special housing
for the chip. The QTC will wear out very quickly if not protected. We will
be machining the parts this coming week. It will be two Nickel platted Brass
buttons held together with a Delrin housing. This 'V' chip will go on the
bottom of the battery compartment and be held in place by the anti-rattle
foam washer. Each different size battery compartment will have a specific
size Delrin housing. This will allow the light to be activated either by turning
the head as normal, or by using the momentary push button tail switch.

The only draw back that we have discovered in testing is that at a certain
power level the electronics can't decide to drive the LED normally or go into
a power saver mode of operation. The result is a slight flicker of the light.
However field test sample reports state that the first couple of days of usage
can be inconsistent as to finding the correct output level wanted. After that
learning time the testers state that they know just how far to turn the head
to get the output level wanted. Our own testing have shown that our design
exceeds 1000 operations.

At first we will provide lights with the removable key ring adapter, with pocket
and lug styles to come later. And no we are not selling QTCs by themselves.

Curt

gunga

Flashaholic
Can these part be retrofit into existing lights and switches or do we have to buy whole new lights? How long before they are available? Also, is there any changes to the battery compartments (eg Lug and pocket) to fit these new v-chips?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woohoo!:party:

Are the compartments standard, or have you reduced the length of the battery neg. contact to accommodate the chips?

In other words, can we use these "v" chips in the older battery tubes without modification?

jonesy

Enlightened
Curt, that's great news! Since you won't be selling the QTC's separately, can I buy just the body with it installed? I'll be down for one or two brass ones, that's for sure.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Just a quick question.

I've got a Peak Eiger, along with a few other small lights, which I thought would work great with a QTC pill in theory. I purchased some, but they all come in a small 4x4mm square, 1mm thick.

OK, so I've got these QTC pills, but how do I actually get them to work in a light? Do I just drop it in at the base of the light? How do I fix it to the bottom?

I even thought I might use it in a Fenix E05, but if I take the spring out, then all I get is a battery rattling inside a body, a floating QTC pill and no light.

OK, I'll have to dig out the drawing board or put the thinking cap on a little tighter. These things are great in theory but a little more challenging to get them working in reality.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MikeE

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I bought a few QTC's from Ma Sha. WOW! I can't believe how well they work. They are as sensitive as any potentometer I have ever used, maybe even more sensitive. I put one in my P7 Rainier and am able to get any output I want from zero to full power. There is no way that I can overstate the impact these are going to make, simply amazing! THANK YOU MA