Foxfury Scout
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Xeno E03 (1xAA, 1x14500) - XP-G R5 Neutral White - Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS +

Default Re: Xeno E03 (1xAA, 1x14500) - XP-G R5 Neutral White - Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS +

Quote Originally Posted by MojaveMoon07 View Post
    Thank you

About how long has each of these two "de-flickerings" taken you (time for tweezers to dissamble plus time for bathing with WD-40) ?
    havent done the 2nd de-flickering yet. seems like the E03 has stopped flickering for now; its flickering and non-flickering behavior is truely to be called 'acting up'. i am too lazy to get myself again all messy and stinky with the WD40 and waste the WD40. where to dispose the WD40 bathing liquid after the bath, what? 20ml or something?? .. if it were water or a simple 1x short spraying, i would do it more often.

btw, i never take a bath either, at least it doesnt harm the environment and nature if one flushes bathing water apart from the waste of water imho. but bathing WD40 liquid? where to flush it please?? it's like solving one problem (the flickering) and by that creating another problem (where to dispose the excess of the WD40 bathing liquid), again apart from the waste of chemical substance.

if you do it hush hush and simply dispose the WD40 liquid in your kitchen sink, then you could be done within 5mins (record time). If you take your time, it'll take 10mins.
    Last edited by shelm; 05-16-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Default Re: Xeno E03 (1xAA, 1x14500) - XP-G R5 Neutral White - Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS +

can you install spherical lense on e03 ? has anyone tryed it?

Quote Originally Posted by nofearek9 View Post
    can you install spherical lense on e03 ? has anyone tryed it?
    I haven't heard of that before but it's a good idea!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

I noticed today that there's a new U2 cool white version of this light up on a certain HK retailer's site. It seems to add hidden flashing modes but I don't see any other changes.

*edit*

i found the seller ,the specs of the new U2 are :

HDE Engine-XENO unique Quiet RSLTM LED driverLinear LED driver, Not PWM mode
    Non-Flickering and Absolutely Noiseless even at Ultra-Low level
    With Ultra-Low output, more than 20 hrs burning time
    · CREE XM-L U2 Max (OTF) 460 Lumens

Vs the T6 :

DE2 Engine-XENO unique Quiet RSLTM LED driverLinear LED driver, Not PWM mode
    Non-Flickering and Absolutely Noiseless even at Ultra-Low level
    With Ultra-Low output, more than 20 hrs burning time
    · CREE XM-L T6 Max (OTF) 430 Lumens

i gues will make it better thrower.
    Last edited by nofearek9; 06-22-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tickled View Post
    I noticed today that there's a new U2 cool white version of this light up on a certain HK retailer's site. It seems to add hidden flashing modes but I don't see any other changes.
    It looks like the neutral white (5000K) version has been updated too. Hidden flashing modes and flux bin bumped up by one to T6 (again) from T5.

Does anyone know if the battery extender tube on the E15 will fit the E03?

Just wondering what happens when you run 2AA with the E03.

i guess the same output as the 3v AA primarys.

anyone can confirm the diference between the leds T6 Vs U2 is just the extra lumens or the U2 is more floud as well?

So possibly like the E15 then? So the modes might be 1V-2V is 1AA, 2V-3.4V is 2AA, CR123A etc, 3.4V-4.2V is Li-ion etc.

i dont know if its fit ,but looks like will work fine with 2xAA but why go to the trouble you can get cheap 14500 with charger for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    Does anyone know if the battery extender tube on the E15 will fit the E03?

Just wondering what happens when you run 2AA with the E03.
    Yes it will, but the E15 tube is not for sale individually. The E15 is hard anodized level III, includes a diffuser wand, and obviously supports 1AA or 2AA's or 1x 14500. Other than that they are very similar lights and use the same driver.

anyone can confirm the diference between the leds T6 Vs U2 is just the extra lumens or the U2 is more floud as well?
    It will be about 6-7% brighter on average. The U2 and T6 are both XM-L emitters so they will have exactly the same beam profile. Because it is a slight bit brighter it will have a tiny tiny bit better throw.

but why go to the trouble you can get cheap 14500
    I don't like cheap and Li-ion but the main purpose is that I'd like to get a NW, warm white and the U2. It looks like the U2 will be a E03 so the E15 will have to be either the neutral or the warm.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonck08 View Post
    Yes it will, but the E15 tube is not for sale individually. The E15 is hard anodized level III, includes a diffuser wand, and obviously supports 1AA or 2AA's or 1x 14500. Other than that they are very similar lights and use the same driver.
    Thanks, just have to work out which combination to get. Any benefit with a XP-G over the XM-L in the neutral or the warm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    Thanks, just have to work out which combination to get. Any benefit with a XP-G over the XM-L in the neutral or the warm?
    XP-G may throw a little better, but XM-L is going be floodier and more efficient and brighter by ~10-20% or so depending on the drive level and battery type.

Has anyone got the new version (XM-U2, with new switch and improvements)?
    I would welcome photos of those details (spare switch, ..), thanks

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    Here you go - f2.7, 1/100sec exposure for both (no diffuser first, diffuser second) Here you go - f2.7, 1/100sec exposure for both (no diffuser first, diffuser second)

Personally, I like this diffuser better than most other wand ones. The flat top gives you a very even beam - a lot of the conical ones tend to still produce some centre throw. Although my preferred diffuser is always a thin flat one over the lens.

Note again the diffuser does not come with the light - it is an optional accessory to be purchased separately.
    Does the diffuser get really hot after extended use?

No it doesn't, with a 14500 only the light becomes warm

Tapatalk @Xperia Arc S
    here are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

the new switch is the white

Thanks for photo.
    Nice white switch, I love white!!

thanks for posting that!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

Grinser2 Re: Xeno E03 (1xAA, 1x14500) - XP-G R5 Neutral White - Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS +

who have the pictures about XENO E03 V3 LED flashlight ?

I hear that the XENO E03 V3 LED flashlight is very good, and I want to see the pictures about it, some people can take the real pictures of it to me ?
    Last edited by Norm; 09-06-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maybehope30 View Post
    who have the pictures about XENO E03 V3 LED flashlight ?

I hear that the XENO E03 V3 LED flashlight is very good, and I want to see the pictures about it, some people can take the real pictures of it to me ?
    it's the exact same

I just bought one of these Xeno E03 v3's with XM-U2 along with these 1450 batteries: http://dx.com/p/trustfire-protected-...=39062&u=26124
    and this charger: http://dx.com/p/trustfire-tr-001-mul...=26124&u=12594

My question is am I safe using those batteries and that charger? Someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about hearing bad things about ****fire batteries which got me concerned. I don't want this light blowing up in my hands when I have it on high. To my understanding ultrafire batteries are not very good but the trustfire ones are, even though they are cheap. But want to be sure. Please advise! Thanks!
    Last edited by Kbreese; 09-08-2012 at 08:29 AM.

i have the same compination ,just dont let the batteries charging without you be near ,when the light goes green remove the batteries. when you will need better batteries try AW ,will work fine with this charger again when led goes green you have to remove them.

when you will need better batteries try AW ,will work fine with this charger
    What do you mean by this? What does AW mean?

Please use your imaginations to fill in the blank space below
    with some batteries!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Duracell or Eveready or Energiser

__ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

I see you have removed a link to an image used to accompany a message and suggested that I use imageshack or another image hosting site. If I copied the image as you suggested that would be an copyright infringment, whereas the way I have done it is totally legal. I appreciate that some companies do not permit linking images - however if that is the case it is trivial for them to put their images in a protected directory or use other means to prevent this happening. In the case of candlepowerforums.com, this hardly a high volume site and linking images will not cause probems for any website these days - perhaps bandwidth was an issue in the early days of the internet even though Tim Berners-Lee specifically envisioned the www to work that way. Indeed good HTML5 web design today specifically encourages all sorts of cross site content sharing. Oh, AW is a battery brand.

Last edited by Tyler___Durden; 09-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.

if in the future you will going to buy a better brand of 14500 batteries ,prefer the AW brand.

if in the future you will going to buy a better brand of 14500 batteries ,prefer the AW brand.
    Oh ok, I thought the trustfire's were supposed to be decent batteries.

One other question with regards to this new cool white u2 version. Will that put out about 500 actual lumens on high with a 14500?

are not bad batteries but there are lot of fakes copies in the market.
    the specs of the led for sure its better,compared them with the eye u2 looks a bit brighter.

Ok I just went back and looked at the chart again, and it looks like he got 510 lumens from the nuetral white one?? Is that right?? And that's with the xm-L model before the upgrades and the nuetral white is not as bright as the cw. So that would make the new and improved Cw u2 like 600 lumens? That can't be right...

when i measured the stock driver of the xeno e03 was about 2,4 Amps so from the specs of the led yes its possible,but of course the small flashlight will get hot.