Solid copper or brass P60 slug available?

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone makes/sells a solid P60 unit like the malkoff or overreday module for creating my own 3x xpg RC-LUX p60 light?

MikeAusC

Enlightened
Avoid brass - its thermal conductivity is worse than aluminium. Its only advantage is that it can be cheaply machined and can be soldered.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
But really though... I would love to find a source of good, solid, thermally conductive P60 pills/slugs.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Avoid brass - its thermal conductivity is worse than aluminium. Its only advantage is that it can be cheaply machined and can be soldered.

Conductivity isn't everything. Mass is important to, something brass has in spades.

morelightnow

Enlightened
I'm looking for the same thing to build a single led light. I would get a malkoff, but i only use one battery and its a LifePo4. Plus, I want an optic not a reflector.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The offer is still out there, but, no one has really committed to it. Not enough, at least, for me to move forward and contact the machine shop to even discuss the possibility of farming it out to them. Moving forward, I'll be making these by hand and they will not be inexpensive as a result.