Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight

Thread: US Surefire dealers doesnt ship outside US

Default US Surefire dealers doesnt ship outside US

Hi to all,

I live in Europe (Italy) and I'm trying to buy an A2L online.

Here in Italy an A2L is listed at 315€, that is nearly 430$ (plus shipping) instead of 239$.

I've noticed that many (or, in facts, all) US dealers state on their site that they will not ship outside US (unless overseas military bases).

This issue is limited to Surefire products.

I remember several years ago, when I purchased my A2 and L4, that the shipping outside US was possible: what's happened?

It's some surefire foreign policy?

It's a new US regulation, maybe linked to tactical-grade products?

I dont like to waste my hard-earned money in feeding EU dealers that double the retail price.

Default Re: US Surefire dealers doesnt ship outside US

I have the same problem in Canada. I contacted Battery Junction to ask why and they told me it is condition / agreement with Surefire to not ship their products out of the US. Presumably to protect authorized dealers in other countries. Like your experience the authorized dealers in Canada (which are few and far between) charge significantly higher prices than the US dealers.

I have grumbled to Surefire about this matter. I have solved the problem by voting with my wallet and purchasing competitors lights.

Maybe You should look into some German stores, flashlightshop, ktl-store, selected-lights and some other. The Italian Surefire prices seem to be rather high.

There are also a few stores in the UK that im sure ship worldwide. Heinnie, Flashaholics, ee33. Good luck in getting the light. Its a shame americans are so Patriotic but al least they have pride in their country I suppose the UK has nothing now.

Keep an eye on the Marketplace & one may come up there.

Just noted that you have 0 posts, so I'm editing my reply. The CPF Marketplace is a separate sign in, at this location;

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/forum.php

where you can buy from other members - some folks won't ship out of the US, while others will. One reason for that is I can mail a package from my house (post office picks it up) if it is within the US. If I need to fill in customs forms then I need to go to the post office and stand in line. Another reason is "lost packages" and then issues with paypal. I do mail overseas, but some don't.
    Last edited by nfetterly; 03-13-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Flashaholic*

I second erzengel. I tried to send you a link to a german shop that currently offers the A2L for a good price.

One of the advantages of the Euro - easily compared prices.

Cheers
    Thorsten

Flashaholic*

In the past I've got Surefire torches from OpticsHQ.com and found their prices and service to be very good. There is also a discount code of CPF5. Send them an email if the A2L is not on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by darcyh View Post
    I have the same problem in Canada. I contacted Battery Junction to ask why and they told me it is condition / agreement with Surefire to not ship their products out of the US. Presumably to protect authorized dealers in other countries. Like your experience the authorized dealers in Canada (which are few and far between) charge significantly higher prices than the US dealers.

I have grumbled to Surefire about this matter. I have solved the problem by voting with my wallet and purchasing competitors lights.
    Have you tried warriorsandwonders bro? My cuz in Canada bought items for me there and handcarried it to the Philppines. Them Surefire torches in that site are cheap.

Super Moderator

Surefire forbids its US dealers to ship outside the USA. This is done to protect its dealers in other countries from being undercut by US dealers.

It's their policy. I'm not defending it, or attacking it. It is what it is.
    Resistance is futile...

SupremeCo in Hong Kong will also ship world wide, although they don't take paypal which sucks. Another +1 to OpticsHQ, great people to deal with(don't want to get them in trouble from Surefire though!).

Flashaholic*

I just tried to get an A2 form a derman dealer (extremely cheap offer),
    and in the end my brother who lives in Germany had to order it.

That "dealer/region protection" might sound like an idea but it only leads to rediculously raised prices.
    Unfortunately that is very common here in Europe, You Americans shall all be glad not to see it (usually at least)

It must surely hurt Surefire, as few Europeans would buy one when they cost 3 times a similar Chinese light. I notice that many of the well known UK torch dealers do not even stock Surefire.

http://www.knivesandtools.nl/nl/ct/zaklampen_home.htm
    In the Netherlands is also a good source for Surefire in Europe. Prices are like in the US, but in euros.

Kind regards,
    Joris

Flashaholic

Just a question to those in the know. Does this mean that Oveready can't export Surefire parts overseas?

Jeremy

Oveready isn't a SF dealer
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 03-13-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Oveready isn't a SF dealer
    Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by jtblue View Post
    Just a question to those in the know. Does this mean that Oveready can't export Surefire parts overseas?

Jeremy
    Oveready ships stuff overseas just fine, shipping to Perth was about a week
    great crew to deal with too, excellent customer service
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Echo63 View Post
    Oveready ships stuff overseas just fine, shipping to Perth was about a week
    great crew to deal with too, excellent customer service
    I plan on making a purchase from them in about a week, with your first hand knowledge I feel confident that it will all go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by z_bel_riose View Post
    Hi to all,
    I dont like to waste my hard-earned money in feeding EU dealers that double the retail price.
    Yeah, I am also thinking very hard about getting SF locally as the cost listed is almost twice the listed price in USD (after conversion).

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by raemon View Post
    Yeah, I am also thinking very hard about getting SF locally as the cost listed is almost twice the listed price in USD (after conversion).
    Same deal here in Australia, prices have always been about double the US RRP and with the aussie dollar about even, they're making a killing.

At the OP,

Ciao! Benevenuti!

Check the marketplace...post a WTB. That's your BEST bet. And don't worry, 99% of the people on there are reliable, and, buying a used SF on the MP is not much different than buying a new one. Alot of people still have the packaging, etc, and if not, you save $250, so it's not much of a concern. Do a search on the MP google search bar for "wts a2l".

Hope this helps!

Enlightened

Surprised that Ebay has not been mentioned. I bought my mint C2 from a Canadian seller, but many state they will ship anywhere.

Enlightened

if i were able to buy Surefire flashlights from US internet dealers, i would probably have purchased at least one or two by now. Instead i havent bought a single one.
    I think that Surefire would increase there sellnumbers greatly, if they change there policy.

/Nero

Surprised that Ebay has not been mentioned. I bought my mint C2 from a Canadian seller, but many state they will ship anywhere.
    Yep, I've recently bought several new in box SF's for less than half of 'list price' there in auctions. I don't get the free purple lights from SF that some folks here brag about so price is indeed a consideration for me.

SF warranty is the same no matter where you buy the light in my experience.

SF oozes quality, worth it at any price, we're lucky they sell to the public etc.

Florence Barrett: It's very proper anyway. I was very well bred - the kind of family where the biggest sin was to raise your voice.
    Howard Prince: Oh yeah? In my family the biggest sin was to pay retail. - Woody Allen, The Front (1976)

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Surefire forbids its US dealers to ship outside the USA. This is done to protect its dealers in other countries from being undercut by US dealers.

It's their policy. I'm not defending it, or attacking it. It is what it is.
    What DM51 said. That is the way it is. If you want otherwise then don't buy from bona-fide SF dealers. Closing this thread.

Bill