US Surefire dealers doesnt ship outside US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

z_bel_riose

Hi to all,

I live in Europe (Italy) and I'm trying to buy an A2L online.

Here in Italy an A2L is listed at 315€, that is nearly 430$ (plus shipping) instead of 239$.

I've noticed that many (or, in facts, all) US dealers state on their site that they will not ship outside US (unless overseas military bases).

This issue is limited to Surefire products.

I remember several years ago, when I purchased my A2 and L4, that the shipping outside US was possible: what's happened?

It's some surefire foreign policy?

It's a new US regulation, maybe linked to tactical-grade products?

I dont like to waste my hard-earned money in feeding EU dealers that double the retail price.

darcyh

Newly Enlightened
I have the same problem in Canada. I contacted Battery Junction to ask why and they told me it is condition / agreement with Surefire to not ship their products out of the US. Presumably to protect authorized dealers in other countries. Like your experience the authorized dealers in Canada (which are few and far between) charge significantly higher prices than the US dealers.

I have grumbled to Surefire about this matter. I have solved the problem by voting with my wallet and purchasing competitors lights.

Erzengel

Enlightened
Maybe You should look into some German stores, flashlightshop, ktl-store, selected-lights and some other. The Italian Surefire prices seem to be rather high.

Acid87

Enlightened
There are also a few stores in the UK that im sure ship worldwide. Heinnie, Flashaholics, ee33. Good luck in getting the light. Its a shame americans are so Patriotic but al least they have pride in their country I suppose the UK has nothing now.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep an eye on the Marketplace & one may come up there.

Just noted that you have 0 posts, so I'm editing my reply. The CPF Marketplace is a separate sign in, at this location;

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/forum.php

where you can buy from other members - some folks won't ship out of the US, while others will. One reason for that is I can mail a package from my house (post office picks it up) if it is within the US. If I need to fill in customs forms then I need to go to the post office and stand in line. Another reason is "lost packages" and then issues with paypal. I do mail overseas, but some don't.

Last edited:

Xacto

Enlightened
I second erzengel. I tried to send you a link to a german shop that currently offers the A2L for a good price.

One of the advantages of the Euro - easily compared prices.

Cheers
Thorsten

brunt_sp

Enlightened
In the past I've got Surefire torches from OpticsHQ.com and found their prices and service to be very good. There is also a discount code of CPF5. Send them an email if the A2L is not on their website.

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
I have the same problem in Canada. I contacted Battery Junction to ask why and they told me it is condition / agreement with Surefire to not ship their products out of the US. Presumably to protect authorized dealers in other countries. Like your experience the authorized dealers in Canada (which are few and far between) charge significantly higher prices than the US dealers.

I have grumbled to Surefire about this matter. I have solved the problem by voting with my wallet and purchasing competitors lights.
Have you tried warriorsandwonders bro? My cuz in Canada bought items for me there and handcarried it to the Philppines. Them Surefire torches in that site are cheap.

DM51

Flashaholic
Surefire forbids its US dealers to ship outside the USA. This is done to protect its dealers in other countries from being undercut by US dealers.

It's their policy. I'm not defending it, or attacking it. It is what it is.

Roger999

Enlightened
SupremeCo in Hong Kong will also ship world wide, although they don't take paypal which sucks. Another +1 to OpticsHQ, great people to deal with(don't want to get them in trouble from Surefire though!).

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried to get an A2 form a derman dealer (extremely cheap offer),
and in the end my brother who lives in Germany had to order it.
:(

That "dealer/region protection" might sound like an idea but it only leads to rediculously raised prices.
Unfortunately that is very common here in Europe, You Americans shall all be glad not to see it (usually at least)

LeifUK

Enlightened
It must surely hurt Surefire, as few Europeans would buy one when they cost 3 times a similar Chinese light. I notice that many of the well known UK torch dealers do not even stock Surefire.

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Oveready ships stuff overseas just fine, shipping to Perth was about a week
great crew to deal with too, excellent customer service

I plan on making a purchase from them in about a week, with your first hand knowledge I feel confident that it will all go smoothly.

raemon

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all,
I dont like to waste my hard-earned money in feeding EU dealers that double the retail price.

Yeah, I am also thinking very hard about getting SF locally as the cost listed is almost twice the listed price in USD (after conversion). :eek:

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I am also thinking very hard about getting SF locally as the cost listed is almost twice the listed price in USD (after conversion). :eek:

Same deal here in Australia, prices have always been about double the US RRP and with the aussie dollar about even, they're making a killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.