Finally spoke with someone who knows something!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to a store specialized in police equipment (where I usually get my incan lights) and had a long conversation with the store manager. They know quite a bit about the lights usually carried by police officers and security guards but, as a CPF member, I still could force a lot more knowledge on them.

I was surprised to see that they still mainly sell 60 lumen incans (mainly Surefires and Streamlights). When I told the manager that I currently use flashlights over 200 lumens, she almost fell backwards. She knows they exist, but I guess she has been flashed too many times at close range to understand why I would want that kind of light.

When I saw her reaction, I couldn't resist telling her I had a few lights 630 lumens and up. She grabbed the counter, exclaimed loudly "630 LUMENS!!!" and said that (in a half joking tone, but she was somewhat serious) I was living dangerously. Then, I figured I'd push it and told her about THE TORCH. I think her knees bent a little and the counter actually prevented her from falling. I should have filmed it… it was hilarious! She really wanted to know what one could do with such amount of light other than permanently blinding people and scorching their face! (kinda reminds me of Back To the Future where the train engineer asks why would you want to go that fast?)

I didn't whip out my EDC at that time (Fenix PD20 and Quark123, which would have blasted pretty much anything on their shelves), but I'll definitely bring my TK15 next time I hop by. I certainly won't shine her in the face like her regular customers do, but I still hope she won't file for a restraining order. I'll make sure the paramedics are parked close by in case she does hit the floor this time around.