Where to find some small reflectors.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I am considering a project. I'd like to find some small ( less than 17mm if possible) reflectors that can be used with XM-Ls.

So far the only thing I have come up with is the McR-12. These would probly work fine, the quality of McGizmos reflectors is great, but I need six of them for the light so 75$ buck just for the reflectors:shakehead doesn't sound too appealing.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Aepoc

Enlightened
I used the $5 20mm IMS reflectors for my tri XM-L build. They aren't made specifically for XM-Ls, but they work well for my purposes... I haven't seen any smaller.

Perhaps you can sand them down or something.

The Sandwich Shoppe also has some Fraeon LP optics that people have been using with XM-Ls. they are shorter in length than the 20mm reflectors, but I'm not sure about the diameter.

Last edited:

mahoney

Enlightened
The XML plays "OK" with the McR 20-18-16 family. I think the "S" style might focus a bit better, and they all have a bit of a ring or two around the flood pool. YMMV

Personally I like the XML with the McR 19XR, although it's more of a "focused flood beam" with a bright center. The McR 17XR & 16XR are in the same "family" and should give a similar result but you might have to remove the centering ring from the bottom. It would be worth an experiment, but be aware that these reflectors are "tall" and height might be an issue fitting them in the head