Whos your flashlight mod Supplier?

Z

z_DandyP11

Hey

Thought I would start a thread to see where people get there supplies from for modifying there flashlights? Preferably online stores!

Drivers

Led's

Battery's

Switches

Raw Materials

Accessories

Would be good to see what other site are out there!

Biggimo1

Newly Enlightened
Right now I use task-led or deal extreme for drivers, Digi-key for switches, deal extreme for leds, mcmaster-carr for raw materials, battery-space for batteries. Going to try all-battery next though.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drivers - Sandwich Shoppe, Illumination Supply, Shiningbeam, TaskLED, and KD

Led's - Illumination Supply, Shiningbeam, and Cutter

Battery's - eBay, Costco (alkalines), and tearing apart old laptop batteries

Switches - Shiningbeam and Oveready (for McClickies)

Raw Materials - eBay and OnlineMetals.com

Accessories - wherever I can find them

chefgrill

Newly Enlightened
Drivers - Dealextreme
Led's - Dealextreme
Battery's - Old Notebook Battery Packs
Switches - Dealextreme, Sourced from junk.
Raw Materials - Sourced from junk, old CPU Heatsinks, a friends Shop here in Switzerland, he has a co2 laser, and cuts Plexiglas with it.
Accessories - Dealextreme

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are more, but Fivemega is my favorite. His work is innovative and.... it works as described. A+++

richpalm

Banned
Hosts, batteries, lanyard supplies, most Solarforce parts: Lighthound
Drivers, some LED's and GITD O-rings: Shiningbeam and Illumination Supply
Empty P60 pills, copper tape: Illumination Supply
Triple XPG stars, other LED's and optics: LED Supply
Heatsinks for my triples: 3/4X1/2 copper plumbing bushing from any hardware store <g>
Teflon wire: greedbay seller navships

I've used just about every other CPF supplier for parts and lights, but the above are my regulars.

I gave up on DX and the like-too much BS and lack of patience. I'll do my mods before I'm in the ground, thanks!

Rich

onetrickpony

Enlightened
I've been keeping them a secret for a little while now, but the guilt is killing me. Check out Lck-led.com. Very cool stuff in a lot of the categories mentioned above, they have sst-90's, cree, some drivers, some optics, and a whole bunch of other led related stuff. Cool site just to look around, if nothing else.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
onetrickpony - I looked at that site. They might be a great supplier (not sure) but I always feel funny about buying from a web site that has absolutely no contact info on it, or info about the company itself. After some searching, I found out under the business terms it must be based in hong kong. That's ok I guess, but it seems funny to have no other info than an email adr. when you are giving someone your cc.

MWClint

Enlightened
Drivers - Shinning Beam, Sandwich Shoppe, DIY driver parts(Digikey, Mouser,Newark), Taskled

Led's - Mouser(High CRI Seouls), Digikey(Crees), Radio Shack(5mm high brightness)

Batteries - Lighthound(AW)

Switches - Sandwich shoppe, Autozone, Mouser

Raw Materials - onlinemetals, hobbytown(brass)

Reflectors - Sandwich shoppe(McR), Photonfanatic(IMS)

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
This should be a sticky, I've used 2 of the 3 "china shop" sources I know of (DX and Mana). Kai has a nice user interface but I've never ordered with them. I've used these sources for cheap build parts (glues, heat sink paste, gifts, etc). Solarforce Sales, or ITC shop has been my provider for several actual flashlights.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
onetrickpony - I looked at that site. They might be a great supplier (not sure) but I always feel funny about buying from a web site that has absolutely no contact info on it, or info about the company itself. After some searching, I found out under the business terms it must be based in hong kong. That's ok I guess, but it seems funny to have no other info than an email adr. when you are giving someone your cc.

Yeah, I know.... But, on the other hand, I've ordered from them and everything went swimmingly. I've even successfully cancelled orders with them as well, you can get in contact.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to get a lot of my modding supplies from the forum here. But there is a nice LED shop here in Germany. For my Mag mods I like the reflector and lenses from KD but when it comes to drivers I like to get the really good ones from 'Der Wichtel' ;).

rayman