I think it's time to put a stop to the addiction.

cw_mi

Enlightened
Ive finally come to the end of my addiction. It all started about a year ago, a friend introduced me to the Fenix line of lights. I ended up with an E20, then i went crazy. Spending hours on CPF and CPF MP and researched as much as I could and purchased many different lights. Ive finally settled on a collection of lights that I think will be collectable and suit my needs. But I think i need to put a stop to it and take a break. Two Mcgizmos and a Muyshondt Aeon in one week is just too much.

Here is my final (for a while) collection:

McGizmo Haiku XP-G natural finish

McGizmo Haiku XP-G Altin finish

McGizmo Haiku XP-G Bead blasted finish

McGizmo/Delghi Ti lego XP-G R5

Delghi Iris black XP-G R5

Delghi Iris orange XP-G r4 (on its way to me)

Novatac 120T modded w/ XP-G R4/ PEU trit bezel

Novatac 85T modded w/ XP-G R5/ PEU trit bezel

HDS Clicky 140E modded w/XP-G R5

Lummi Orb Raw modded (don't know haven't got it back yet)

Bitz Ti

Nitecore D10 SP camo with trit

Liteflux LF2XT w/ Ti button and trit

Muyshondt Aeon natural

Dereelight MC-E

Dereelight R2

Fenix L2T

Fenix LD20

4Sevens 123 Tactical

4Sevens mini 123 Ti

4Sevens Preon Revo

Now this is the collection I ended up with, in less than a year. I had purchased many others , some custom some not but these are the ones I've fell in love with. They worked the best for me. In the future I might try and thin the herd a little , but it will be tough. I just think it's enough for now. I do find myself on CPF quite frequently but I've stayed away from the MP for a week now. I guess I'm not finding myself as enthused to find a new light to purchase as i once was. Now I do have this addiction along with custom knives and custom 1911 handguns. Not to mention snowmobiles and ATV's... glad i got out of the offshore powerboats though.

Do others find themselves really into it then sort of fad off ? I don't see myself purchasing any other lights for a while, If Delghi decides to do another run of Ti Iris' I'll have to jump on one , I would like another Peak Eiger but I think my needs are satisfied for a while. Okay rant over !

nunnya

Newly Enlightened
So tell me about your knives and 1911's.
Surely the cost of your flashlight addiction pales in comparison of these.
I've still got my eyes on an Ed Brown Cobra Carry.

nunnya

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened
CW, dont feel bad, at least it took you 1 year to aquire your collection. I assembled a mighty collection in 3 months and I'm still going strong. I look at what has been aquired since Christmas, and I try to figure out whats wrong with me. I admit that I'm a flashaholic, but at least I'm pumping money into our economy and having a lot of fun doing so. For me, fun is hard to come by these days, so I'll take it when I can get it. I cannot post attachements (dont have permission yet.), but I do have a couple photos on my iphone that show my lights lined up and they are heavy hitters! MagicMan

Last edited:

Thunderflash

Newly Enlightened
1 22 N, 103 48 E - A place call the Lion City
CW, dont feel bad, at least it took you 1 year to aquire your collection. I assembled a mighty collection in 3 months and I'm still going strong. I look at what has been aquired since Christmas, and I try to figure out whats wrong with me. I admit that I'm a flashaholic, but at least I'm pumping money into our economy and having a lot of fun doing so. For me, fun is hard to come by these days, so I'll take it when I can get it. I cannot post attachements (dont have permission yet.), but I do have a couple photos on my iphone that show my lights lined up and they are heavy hitters! MagicMan

+1

I got my selection in a few months as well...

These days I try to be selective more selective in my purchases and improve my legos rather than getting a whole new one.

cw_mi

Enlightened
So tell me about your knives and 1911's.
Surely the cost of your flashlight addiction pales in comparison of these.
I've still got my eyes on an Ed Brown Cobra Carry.

nunnya

Pretty new to both of those things.. only have a custom Colt Delta Elite 10mm at the moment. My gunsmith is currently (and about 3 months behind) building a longslide Fusion Scout 10mm for me. Next one is going to be a Caspian Damascus and possibly Ti framed , again in 10mm.
Knives, I like the custom blingy ones. Got a couple of Warren Thomas folders, a couple of Alan Folts damascus neckers, and found a really good maker on Bladeforums, EL Iverson. I have a couple of his blinged out damascus and ti folders. Currently Alan Folts is makeing another folder for me.. hopefully I have that in a month or so.

I've only purchased two more lights since I posted this. A MCE Al custom by Darksucks and an SST-50 stainless by Qtrhorse. Would still like to add one of Downloads pocket rockets and a Tri XP-G by Mac's. Of course i still would like to add some more Delghi's and McGizmo's to the collection.

Last edited:

cw_mi

Enlightened
Wow, and I thought those missing posts cured you. LOL.

Bill
LOL,
Well things have actually slowed down quite a bit. With spring coming I'm busier outside, also have a garage to build at our cabin so there won't be as much time to surf CPF or the extra funds.