AAA Runtime kings... Let's see what they've got...

scout24

Flashaholic
I know this has been done before, but I have a new contender or two for a side-by-side comparison to see what we've got for outright AAA draining lights. The contenders this time are a Peak Matterhorn HP, my recently torture-tested Fenix EO1, a 4Sevens SS Preon Revo, a Muyshondt Mako (warm emitter), a SS Peak Eiger power level 1, and a Joule Thief purchased in the Marketplace from DatiLed thrown in for the heck of it. Ti Titan is being used for reference, and an arbitrary cutoff output level, since I consider this to be my lowest usable level of light...

All multi-level lights are running at their lowest levels...

All lights running on USA made Duracell Coppertops, bought today and dated March of 2017, randomly pulled from the pack. Test started this afternoon at 4:45PM, I'll post occasionally with pictures and progress. Onward! :)

P1010578.jpg

P1010579.jpg

P1010582.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
I may have to do this one again, IIRC, the results got lost in the Great Crash of '11... :) Joule thief won, Eiger and Revo are no longer with me... Matterhorn beat the EO1, but not by a tremendous amount.

Napalm

Enlightened
Well, this would be a great opportunity for buying some new lights...:devil:

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'm curious how well the QTC can improve runtimes at lower outputs. I've heard some say that it doesn't while others claim it does...

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have to do this one again,
I have been powering some 5mm LED's with a Zetex ZXSC380 IC's. If you are interested and you want to run your tests again, I might be able to send you one.

scout24

Flashaholic
I've not run this one over again... The joule thief was up around 100hrs. IIRC. Beacon of light is running a new Eiger QTC over in the Peak subforum. :) Let me see what I can pull together, thanks for the offer Mr. Floppy! If I do run some of these again, I'll take you up on your offer.