3300L Sales thread

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
CIMG0211-vi.jpg

3300.jpg

P1050566.JPG

The 3300L's are now available for order on my website here

http://macscustoms.com/MagLite3300L.aspx

There was a slight price increase due to Lux-RC's increased price on there new and improved L333 module.

Stoli67 has some beamshots of his 3300l here

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=306347page=1

There will be 2 flavors offered. A Drop-in only just like the Drop-ins released some time ago which are used in a standard D size incandescent host. Also offered is a complete light minus battery's and charger. The Drop-in will fit into a standard stock 2-d size host using 2x 26650 cells with a tailcap spring mod. The 26650 cells are not button top cells so a solder blob or magent is require to make cotact in between the cells.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Testing testing...1, 2, 3! Hello Mac! Good to be back, huh? Looks like we gotta get this thread going again. So...I'll start it off!

So these are made with the L333 1100ma engines, correct? Would it be possible and advisable to use the 1550ma engines for the "runtime be damned!" folks?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Testing testing...1, 2, 3! Hello Mac! Good to be back, huh? Looks like we gotta get this thread going again. So...I'll start it off!

So these are made with the L333 1100ma engines, correct? Would it be possible and advisable to use the 1550ma engines for the "runtime be damned!" folks?

It is possible to use any of the available drive level drivers though the price would increase as you would need to pay the 1 piece price plus shipping of the "requested" modules.

Thanks Mac

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably looking at about 35 minutes runtime on high if we used the highest output L333s, correct? Ok, I'm interested if you are....how much extra?

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet you could do the head like this for a little extra too? Actually, I think this is about the best looking M@G I've seen from head to tail!

IMG_1386-vi.jpg

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened
I'm hovering around and looking at getting one of these but I'm now intrigued about the stepped up driver. What kind of Lumens output would you be talking about with the 1550 engine?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I have not tested any of the other modules so I do not know what the current draw or actual lumens outputs are. I have personally measured 2500 OTF true lumens out of the 6500k 3300L using the 1100ma modules.

Mac

warmurf

Enlightened
How is the throw with this light? I find (obviously) that the throw with the tris and quads is not very flash, but noticed on the floody night shoot-off that the 3300L seemed to throw better? If it has some throw (not comparing it to say a SST-50, but say a XML) I'd be in on a 1550 @ 6500K for sure.

MikeE

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I deleted my questions because I found the answers already posted. Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction.

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened
Hi Mac,

I've PM'ed you but I'm not sure my account is working, or is possibly playing up. Can you please send me an e-mail with the cost of a full light with the new 1550 engines, plus postage to Australia? I want to lock this away asap. Cheers.