Zero Tolerance 0700 Mini Review

Meganoggin

Enlightened
This is my first review - with iPhone photos - so please be gentle!

Specs from ZT;

S30V Blade 3.375 long .121 thick

Overall 8.125

Weight 4.2oz

4cbe3607.jpg

If you are familiar with the ZT line you will be surprised with the light weight, this is mostly down to the skeletonised liners and the the thinner handle. However, you will be pleased to know that the strength remains.

9283978c.jpg

The blade is thick and has a nice stonewashed finish, the tip is strong and the grinds are even and sharp out of the box (this has the best edge grinds of the three ZT's I have, very even and easy to sharpen / strop)

4c62246b.jpg

The clip is the standard ZT and is suitble for left hand / right hand tip up carry.

The action is smooth and the lockup secure, both with the flipper and the ambi thumb studs (which are worthy of note they are small and angled quite unique and very functional) the knife once locked has the usual ZT feel of bombproof reliability.

Overall I think this is a very good value semi tactical knife, it has pretty good practical EDC traits if you like the tanto blade shape - I can't believe the lack of information on this blade - I really like it!

The lanyard hole is a bit small and won't take doubled up pararcord - that may be a problem for some...

But for the price I say it's a winner.

Any questions comments welcomed!

Kraid

Enlightened
The replys were lost! So I'll say again, thank you for the review! Sweet knife, sir!

guardpost3

Enlightened
Thanks for the review, that is one good looking ZT. I've always been a fan of Shun/Kershaw/ZT, I'm not however a big fan of the tanto style blades but that stonewash is beautiful.

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
They're not in stock there, but gpknives is selling them for ~$78. At that price, only knife on the market that can compete with the Spyderco Manix 2 in bang for the buck. Benchmade Grip and barrage are close too, but I'm partial to Spyderco.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Odd - a quick look around the US online stores and nearly all of them are out of stock of most of the ZT line. It seems like the secret is out about these well made great value knives. Talking with one of the reps for ZT and Rick Hinderer at SHOT show, they were relly pleased with the way the ZT line was selling, especially to Law Enforcement and Military personel.

Let's hope they are gearing up production and will be back in stock soon - I think I need a 0550...