Is there a watch forum as good as CPF is for lights?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I want to join a watch forum and just assumed someone here probably has already gone through the trials and tribulations of finding the best there is out there, not to mention, CPF has me spoiled.
Where is the best watch forum for finding info and buying/trading/selling off wrist watches? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested, so share some info with us!

faco

Enlightened
timezone.com / is excellent just like CPF

watchuseek.com / just as good as timezone

enjoy and get your wallet ready because flashlights are cheap compared to watches :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If you were to only have access to one of the two, which would you choose?

I'm not so interested in super expensive watches as I am in something just in
the $100-$500 range.

faco

Enlightened
If you were to only have access to one of the two, which would you choose?

I'm not so interested in super expensive watches as I am in something just in
the $100-$500 range.

I would definitely choose timezone, most people talk mainly high end watches but you will find everyone is friendly just like CPF and you will get replies for any watch price range or any brand, its a great community. Timezone has 2 seperate buying/trading/selling forums, one for watches up to $5000 and another over $5000. The buying/trading/selling forum for up to $5000 has many watches under $500 for sale.

I know you asked for my "one" choice only but have a look at watchuseek as it will be better suited for the $100-$500+ watches. Great community as well. I have not used the watchuseek buying/trading/selling forum, but its very active with nice watches.

Hope I haven't made it harder for you to choose :naughty:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I would definitely choose timezone, most people talk mainly high end watches but you will find everyone is friendly just like CPF and you will get replies for any watch price range or any brand, its a great community. Timezone has 2 seperate buying/trading/selling forums, one for watches up to $5000 and another over $5000. The buying/trading/selling forum for up to $5000 has many watches under $500 for sale.

I know you asked for my "one" choice only but have a look at watchuseek as it will be better suited for the $100-$500+ watches. Great community as well. I have not used the watchuseek buying/trading/selling forum, but its very active with nice watches.

Hope I haven't made it harder for you to choose :naughty:
I joined timezone last night and hope I can get a bit more knowledgeable, but since we're already on the subject, do you have much of an opinion regarding Orient and any other titanium/sapphire watches? I really like the look of the titanium Seiko's, but Hardlex has always turned into a mess of scratches on me and the only two crystals I've had zero problems with were the sapphire crystals on my Tag Heuer and Longines Opposition, which is domed and has taken some incredible beatings, all the way to having steel stains which took months to wear off!

Primarily what I'm looking for is an indestructible chronometer.

By the way, nice to see we're both Titan brethren too!

faco

Enlightened
I joined timezone last night and hope I can get a bit more knowledgeable, but since we're already on the subject, do you have much of an opinion regarding Orient and any other titanium/sapphire watches? I really like the look of the titanium Seiko's, but Hardlex has always turned into a mess of scratches on me and the only two crystals I've had zero problems with were the sapphire crystals on my Tag Heuer and Longines Opposition, which is domed and has taken some incredible beatings, all the way to having steel stains which took months to wear off!

Primarily what I'm looking for is an indestructible chronometer.

By the way, nice to see we're both Titan brethren too!

I don't know much about Orient but can give you some info on Sapphire Glass / Titanium Watches..........

For work (I need an indestructible watch just like you) my Watch tends to get knocked around and I prefer to wear a Titanium watch with a Sapphire crystal. The last work watch I had was a Ti/Sapphire Revue Thommen, it was light in weight and the sapphire never scratched even with the many bumps/knocks etc. The titanium did scratch just like stainless steel watches but looked good as the scratches were very fine and seemed to blend in with titanium if that makes sense ? Since you are after an indestructible Watch make sure the watch you buy doesn't have an anti-reflection coating on the outside of the Sapphire glass as this coating will scratch in time and look really bad in certain light. You can get a sapphire glass with no coating or a coating on the inside of the glass only. Enjoy the search for your next indestructible watch :thumbsup:

You also have a Titan! not much talk about that Flashlight anymore. Funny you mentioned it as I was thinking about selling one or two of my lights and looking at my collection I always say to myself I will NEVER EVER sell the Titan, to me its priceless :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I like the look of the watchtalkforums and think I might join that one too.

Thanks, and let me know of any good titanium/sapphire chronographs you like too.
I don't know much about Orient but can give you some info on Sapphire Glass / Titanium Watches..........

For work (I need an indestructible watch just like you) my Watch tends to get knocked around and I prefer to wear a Titanium watch with a Sapphire crystal. The last work watch I had was a Ti/Sapphire Revue Thommen, it was light in weight and the sapphire never scratched even with the many bumps/knocks etc. The titanium did scratch just like stainless steel watches but looked good as the scratches were very fine and seemed to blend in with titanium if that makes sense ? Since you are after an indestructible Watch make sure the watch you buy doesn't have an anti-reflection coating on the outside of the Sapphire glass as this coating will scratch in time and look really bad in certain light. You can get a sapphire glass with no coating or a coating on the inside of the glass only. Enjoy the search for your next indestructible watch :thumbsup:

You also have a Titan! not much talk about that Flashlight anymore. Funny you mentioned it as I was thinking about selling one or two of my lights and looking at my collection I always say to myself I will NEVER EVER sell the Titan, to me its priceless :)
I love the look of the coated crystals on the Omega's, but already knew they were not for me, at least when it comes to wanting something unscathable.

Do you know much about getting sapphire crystals fitted for watches that didn't originally come with one? I have one Seiko that I'd really like to get in Ti, and I figure once the Hardlex goes south on me I could get sapphire to replace it.

On Titans, I've had three all together and cannot imagine ever getting rid of it. Lovely light, and regardless of the complaints that it didn't put out enough light, I find it to be plenty powerful for my usage.

faco

Enlightened
kaichu dento, I think getting a sapphire crystal fitted for a watch that didn't originally come with one would be very costly, I haven't heard of anyone doing this. Timezone has a Seiko Forum and I'm sure the experts will be able to give you some advice about doing this.

Have you found a Seiko Ti/Chrono with a Sapphire Glass ? With my quick search it seems they don't make one. Good luck with your search

Kraid

Enlightened
I recently sold my Seikos off, but I had the hardlex on both of them replaced with AR coated sapphire. It usually runs about $50. Not too bad. I know that the sapphires are available for most of the diver models, not sure on others.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
kaichu dento, I think getting a sapphire crystal fitted for a watch that didn't originally come with one would be very costly, I haven't heard of anyone doing this. Timezone has a Seiko Forum and I'm sure the experts will be able to give you some advice about doing this.

Have you found a Seiko Ti/Chrono with a Sapphire Glass ?
None available, so I'm thinking of getting the watch I like and after it gets scratched having it replaced with sapphire.
I recently sold my Seikos off, but I had the hardlex on both of them replaced with AR coated sapphire. It usually runs about $50. Not too bad. I know that the sapphires are available for most of the diver models, not sure on others.
I wish I'd had the chance to buy one of them.

Here is the particular watch that I'm planning on getting...
snd419.jpg

Kraid

Enlightened
Sorry, I listed them on a different forum as one of them was made for that forum. If the ability to change out the hardlex is important to you, you might check with Harold (yobokies) before purchase. Mine were a 007 and a Monster.

faco

Enlightened
Nice Watch you are thinking of getting, once you eventually get a Sapphire glass onto it maybe Seiko will copy you.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hey, I have that exact watch! No scratches on the hardlex yet, but I dont beat on it.
Hey, can you measure the crystal diameter for me? I'm talking to a guy about possibly getting it swapped out. He also wanted to know if it was domed or not and I told him that it appears to be.

gunga

Flashaholic
I can measure the crystal tonight. It's flat, not domed.

Why don't you just use it a while and replace the crystal with sapphire once it gets scratched up? I love it because it's light, functional, and beautiful. I will no longer wear a steel watch (with bracelet) due to the weight and feel of Ti.

Also, it's a gift from my Fiance, so it's never leaving me!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If you want info about seiko, you can try this forum as well: http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/board,34.0.html

and since you were asking about titanium + sapphire, consider Traser P6506 and within your budget :)
Looked at the Traser's and couldn't find anything I liked, so far...
I can measure the crystal tonight. It's flat, not domed.

Why don't you just use it a while and replace the crystal with sapphire once it gets scratched up? I love it because it's light, functional, and beautiful. I will no longer wear a steel watch (with bracelet) due to the weight and feel of Ti.

Also, it's a gift from my Fiance, so it's never leaving me!
I've got one on the way and am planning on doing just that - use it until it needs the sapphire.