No response from Lummi

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
No input from the man here for months and no response to an enquiry through the website and lots still not received paid orders. Is Lummi still trading?

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is Lummi still on the go?

Sounds like he is just accepting! :shakehead

The more things change the more they stay the same.

rich297

Newly Enlightened

I wouldn't place any order through his website. There seems to be a pattern of people waiting, waiting and still waiting for fulfillment of orders placed many months ago. It's a shame really. I have two of his creations, a Raw NS and Wee NS (both bought used on the forums) and both lights are superbly designed and built. But a successful business cannot suceed by the virtues of its products alone, it also requires good customer service and that is where, for whatever reason, Lummi falls short.

jason331

Newly Enlightened

I placed an order with Rob back in October 2010 and am still waiting for my light. I would have been fine continuing to wait except that every week when I email him for a status update he replies that the order will be ready the following week. At least give realistic wait time expectations. Some weeks he doesn't even respond at all.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

:wave: Yes still going.
Going to close this thread as the question has been answered.

jedirock

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting on a light from December as well, a Raw Ti. He told me he was waiting on springs, of all things, and that it should go out the end of January. That date came and passed; emailed him about two weeks ago again, no response this time.

copiertech

Newly Enlightened

Everything in my head is telling me not to to order, that I'll get frustrated and go nuts if I end up waiting months after ordering, but damn I want a wee, and I'm sure lots of others are in the same boat. Any sign of light at the end of this tunnel Rob, do you think you'll get back up to speed at some point in the near future?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Best to ask me via email at the moment for what I have available.

jason331

Newly Enlightened

Rob emailed me on the 22nd of March stating my order from the beginning of October 2010 was finally mailed (minus the battery). How long does shipping usually take to reach us here in the U.S.? (I'm in Texas)

soli

Newly Enlightened

How long does shipping usually take to reach us here in the U.S.? (I'm in Texas)

Depends if Royal Mail have their act together. It usually takes a week to 10 days going in the other direction

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rob emailed me on the 22nd of March stating my order from the beginning of October 2010 was finally mailed (minus the battery). How long does shipping usually take to reach us here in the U.S.? (I'm in Texas)

From my experiences, anything from 2 days to 6 weeks, but the norm is two weeks
It also helps if there is an International hub in your state

jason331

Newly Enlightened

Well, we're 5 weeks into the time when Rob said he mailed my light and still no package in my mailbox. I'm not sure about an international hub but seeing how this is Texas and Houston is the third largest city in the United States I'm certain there is one. I've never had trouble with my postal service in the past, we live in a pretty nice neighborhood, and our mailboxes are locked and in a central location so it is unlikely the package was stolen from there.

As a point of reference, that same day (March 22, 2011), I ordered some 14250 rechargeable Li-ion batteries from Shenzen Wholesale (China) in anticipation of my light's arrival and the batteries arrived April 7th.

RWC

Newly Enlightened
I truly wish I'd researched Lummi and Rob before I ordered my Raw SS last November 2010. I have gotten so many excuses from "just waiting on batteries now" and the last one " just waiting on some cases to be manufactured now"! Seems if you were waiting on only for batteries first then the cases must have been made and ready! Now I am hoping Rob will send my my flashlight because my father is having his 85th birthday on June 7 and I was really hoping to give it to him. He's always loved my collection of small flashlights and I wanted to give him this one. He's not really that healthy either and I know this would be a surprise for him. I haven't waited as long as some of the others I've read here but he's had my money since November and 6 months is a long time to wait after you have paid for a product.

view

Newly Enlightened
I placed an order in 15 Mar 2010.
But I haven't received Raw SS.
I sent Email.
But , No response from Lummi.
What should I do?

SRC

Newly Enlightened
He's selling torches on Facebook now. If you're a member of Facebook click on the link from his new website.

He's redesigned his website and has removed the note about waiting for parts etc.

He now has his full postal address listed on the 'contact page'

I cannot believe he's brazenly relaunching his website and ignoring people he owes money to here.

Disgraceful.