Looking to buy Eneloop XX's in the U.S.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
I'm looking to buy normal eneloops along with Sanyo's four-slot single-channel charger.

There's an ebay seller called cameramate2010 who sells the charger for a decent price and free shipping (item 280617455502 ); the seller looks legitimate, but I'd like to ask CPF's opinion.

Thanks.

EDIT: Has been changed, I'm just looking for normal eneloops now.

Last edited:

sflate

Enlightened
I'm in the same boat - looking for Eneloop XX's in US. I saw 2 ebay sellers selling these to US. One of the two sellers (can't remember which) had a negative comment of 'fake batteries' that spooked me from buying. But that was one negative comment out of hundreds of positive comments.

There was also a comment on one of the sellers ebay pages that says 'taken from December stock'. Don't think that's much of a negative but they did come out somewhere around December I believe so these may be a first batch.

Any thoughts?

Mikl1984

Newly Enlightened
I have XX cells from one of the first batch (August 2010)
sanyo_eneloop_xxx.jpg

sanyo_eneloop_xxx_tyl.jpg

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question is why would you pay about 3x as much for the 2500mAh XX's over the regular eneloops? Wait for them to hit US markets (if they ever do) at $10-12 per 4 pack.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
For the latest and greatest, there's always a price premium :(. Very valid point though, I debated a lot about it, and I may end up getting some regular eneloops later. That same ebay seller has the second generation too (yes I do know there is Thomas Dist. for that), and it would be nice to know if s/he is a legit dealer, which s/he does appear to be.

Regular Eneloops look very cool though.

mrlysle

Enlightened
I get mine from www.thomasdistributing.com. I've bought several batteries and chargers from them in the past. They seem like a good, reputable dealer. At least check them out. They sell the very latest Eneloops, the Maha C-9000, and lots of other good things. And 4 packs of the latest and greatest Eneloops are on sale right now at $9.97. My bad, I see you're specifically interested in the XX's. Hey, give them a call, you never know. They are located in Paris, IL. Good luck. :)

Last edited:

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
Well I've thought some more, and I've changed my mind. I still want the same charger, but I want a pack of four normal eneloops now.
That same seller has the charger alone for $24.80 free shipping, which seems reasonable, though I could be wrong. Where can I get eneloops, preferably with free shipping? Another ebay seller has four for $11.97 and free shipping, which is decent I guess (item 180577391244 ), but they are the older ones.

EDIT: How much does ThomasDistributing charge for shipping?

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
Well I've thought some more, and I've changed my mind. I still want the same charger, but I want a pack of four normal eneloops now.
That same seller has the charger alone for $24.80 free shipping, which seems reasonable, though I could be wrong. Where can I get eneloops, preferably with free shipping? Another ebay seller has four for $11.97 and free shipping, which is decent I guess (item 180577391244 ).

EDIT: How much does ThomasDistributing charge for shipping?
If I recall correctly, they have different shipping options. Depends on your zipcode. Just go to their site, add everything you want to your "cart", plug in your zipcode, and it will calculate shipping for you based on what method you prefer. USPS, priority, etc. You won't be commited to buy it yet, so if shipping costs are too much, just close the page.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
Oh that's right, I can't believe I haven't noticed that before.
Anyway, shipping does look rather expensive, if anyone know of another legitimate dealer, please comment.
I found ebay item 180621490340 , which looks like a good price for four, and looks like a reputable seller.
Otherwise I'll cough up the $16 at Thomas...but that puts them within $10 of Eneloop XX's.

Last edited: