• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Rechargeables in the Haiku

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting ready to order my first McGizmo...finally! :whistle: Anyway, gonna get the infamous Haiku. My question is are AW RCR 123's safe to use in this light? If not was is a safe rechargeable to use? Thanks!

Jason

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason,

I use AW RCR123 in my Haiku all the time.

Also I use the AW IMR 16340.

They both work great.

You are picking a great light also.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason,

I use AW RCR123 in my Haiku all the time.

Also I use the AW IMR 16340.

They both work great.

You are picking a great light also.

Enjoy!

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Forgive my newbness. In my 2 years of flashaholism I've only used AW RCR123's or primaries what is the difference with the IMR?

bmcgators98

Enlightened
Thanks! :thumbsup:
Forgive my newbness. In my 2 years of flashaholism I've only used AW RCR123's or primaries what is the difference with the IMR?

Basically IMR are a different chemistry that has less potential for problems if over discharged like normal Lith-Ions. This results in them not needing to be protected, which is why I like them, they will not suddenly cut out. They do however have less capacity.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically IMR are a different chemistry that has less potential for problems if over discharged like normal Lith-Ions. This results in them not needing to be protected, which is why I like them, they will not suddenly cut out. They do however have less capacity.

Roger that, thanks guys!