Storacell
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Holy crap that sounds good!

In europe they've got something called Kebab which I'm not sure is correct but that's what they call it. Flat bread (round) cut in half so it's semi round and then sliced open. They have this meat that rotates vertically on a stick and they slice pieces off it and then put it in the bread with sauces and stuff in it. However, this Spanish guy used pork from the neck which is much juicier. Note, I think the pork is better in Europe and the beef better in the US. Anyway, he did this with some kind of yoghurt and garlic sauce and this thing was incredible.

If I ever went back I'd try to find his a$$. It was amazing.

Fed LG, that sounds pretty interesting, I'd definitely try that one. Plenty of cheese and meat, how can it be bad?

Guiri, that sounds just like a gyro.

That's right, that's what they call it but usually they don't do pork which is much juicier. Mmmmm

Gyros are seasoned lamb on that spinning spit, sliced onto a pita with onions and cucumber sauce and whatever other veggies go in there. I haven't had one in a bit but man that sounds good right now.

Yeah but I think that meat is prolly pretty dry. Looks dry anyway as I don't see much juices coming out of it. This guy's stuff was dripping all over the place. Ohmygod! It was amazing.

Also, I don't think it's lamb either. More like sheep 'cause lamb (in order to taste good) usually has to be very small. I know here in the US they sell lamb chops but unless they are super tiny, it's more sheep than lamb and it doesn't taste as good.
    Speaking of which, I want some roasted suckling pig right now (small pig).

Have you ever heard of pig pickin' ?

They do a lot of that down here in the south. Put half a pig on a big cooker and cook it for a long time and then you come and just pull this stuff off with your hands if you'd like. Great stuff and looks great.

Dammit! I went to find you a picture and now my damn mouth is watering

http://www.threecreeksarabians.com/images/The%20Pig.jpg

NBP, I´ll post some pics of my last one. But this time I chopped the fried egg (it´s under the melted cheese) and didn´t add lettuce (I didn´t have lettuce).

Oh, and I used a "baguette" bread.

Man... it was awesome!

[img=http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2858/canoadefil0051536x1152.th.jpg]

[img=http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6946/canoadefil0041536x1152.th.jpg]

Click on images for a disturbing zoom!
    Last edited by Federal LG; 05-10-2011 at 06:13 AM.

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF LITHIUM BATTERIES IN THE MORNING..." - Kilgore

Holy crap that looks good. I want one

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

realised something.. past month, i have basically only came in to cpf only to see this thread.

read thru it and then went to make something to eat. hahah.

summer is closing again.. sun stays up longer, hours of darkness shorten. i dont need flashlights that much anymore. (and i have pretty much all the types i need by now, flashaholism is under control.)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

I gotta say... Every time I read this thread I stop to eat something. Right now I had a bread/butter/ham/mustard sandwich!

I need help... My friend is in Detroit right now and I intend ask him to bring me a good american made pepperoni. Here in Brazil we don´t have a real good pepperoni. We do have salamis, but not pepperonis. It´s not too traditional over here.

Well, can you american guys indicate me some excellent pepperoni brand? My friend is in Detroit, so it has to be a brand that he could find in a local market and something that could resist the trip back (not refrigerated). Here we have fresh salamis (needs refrigeration) and dry salamis. It has to be a "dry pepperoni".

Anyone? (sorry for the off topic)

It's NOT off topic. It's definitely sandwich related, just like my half pig I wrote about, half a pig is definitely considered a sandwich is so is typical sandwich stuffin'

Dangerous little thread, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Holy crap that looks good. I want one
    LOL!!

What the hell am I supposed to say? I'm a fat dude...

Of course... that sandwich is awesome! I was just laughing because of the "holy crap!" Hahahahaha

Well... are there more recipes/ideas to taste?

Yep, that was my spontaneous reaction.

Well, do you like Roe (caviar)? If so, do the same as the sardines but instead of sardines, put roe all over and in between the eggs. Again, do it while they're hot.

Yummy which I'm sure depends on the roe and if you like roe.

Mind you, I used to do this with some Danish bread called Birka I think which is a little sweet also and I'd get it straight from the bakery in the middle of the night and they were
    super fresh since I'd be home maybe an hour later. Boiled some eggs, peeled them, slice'em and put the butter on, the eggs while hot and the roe. Good stuff.

You can do the same with the eggs while hot and some chopped red pepper (fresh).

Another one with eggs. Bread, butter, hot sliced eggs and cottage cheese but do get the 4% milkfat and not that light $hit! Stay away from food lion brand cottage cheese.
    Last edited by guiri; 05-13-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Roe is eggs too - right?
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

NOggin, if you wanna take the little bitty roe EGGS, boil them and slice'em one by one, go ahead and you WILL be my hero

I thought I already was your hero?

Been exhibiting at a gardening show - mostly eating crap from trailers. Bizarre -looking forward to Monday and mrs Noggins packed lunches.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Well yes but, if you cut a couple of thousand of these little bastards to put on a sandwich, it will definitely CONFIRM that.

So, miss the lil' lady dontcha? Well, at least her cookin'

PBB: Peanut butter and a sliced banana.
    The Blue Cottage: Cottage cheese and blueberries. (Tastes like french toast for some reason)
    Chopped Beef: A mound of chopped beef with a few rings of sliced onion on top, and a couple of pickles.

I'll post more later.
    It's true I was born here, but this country isn't mine.

I'm not familiar with chopped beef. Is that something in a can or do you cook it or what?

It's brisket that has been marinated for a while, cooked, chopped up, and finally bbq sauce is added.
    It's easy to eat with little chewing required, softens up the bread with all the juices, and basically melts in your mouth.

If you ever come to Texas.. Eat nothing but BBQ and Tex-Mex, or you'll be wishing you had when you get home.
    It's true I was born here, but this country isn't mine.

I loved Texas on our trip last year BBQ and great steaks everywhere. Nice coleslaw and salads too.

You just cannot beat a classic breakfast butty Bacon, fried egg, sausage and tomato on a soft white roll awesome!! Ultimate hangover cure.

Robinda, sounds great. I love a sammich with LOTS of stuff on it. As fort Texas, I keep seeing these grill shows and it pissed me off that I can't be there.

Who's up for a texas road trip?

Don't you have decent BBQ in NC guiri? Maybe the SC folks can help you out.

Tuna and mayo on granary bread - simple and very nice.

Found leftovers of this sandwich in the fridge from family member. Ate sandwich. Experienced high levels of happiness while eating sandwich. Three pieces of buttery toasted bread. Broiled shrimp. Bacon. Tomato. Lettuce. Lots of sauce. What the heck is in that secret sauce?!

Although I personally prolly wouldn't eat a left over sammich for several reasons, the ingredients look great. Am I the only one NOT getting a picture of it?
    Kinda missin' the point without a pic I would say..

Here, I'm sure that this person won't mind you looking at the pic of it on their flickr page. You can find anything on the interwebs.