Malkoff
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Nonsence, when's your date-thingy? Let us know how it goes..
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

nbp: end of the week likely.. friday or saturday. currently the plan was on friday.. but that is not set in stone.. i do work part time and am "on call" basis all the time. and at her workplace there are always someone away or need shifting timetables so she might have to work too to fill in for someone else.

yeah.. will let you know how it goes.

more i think about it more i believe its just friend asking another to spend time together. but i will keep an eye for all clues to contradict this.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Yep, definitely too much salt there. I like lots of salt but sometimes, damn!

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    confession: i have not eaten an sandwich in almost two days. yes, not one bread thingy. im feeling little weird. like something is missing. not feeling "must get a fix" but i bet tomorrow morning i will! now.. just little odd.. or something is off or amiss.. hmm.. was confused why so.. then realised didnt eat one today.. then realised i didnt eat one yesterday either.. no bread in my system i feel odd.. well odder than normally.

but dont worry my mates.. i am ok. i am not hungry. i have been fed. and i will eat bread soon again.
    Phew! You had me worried till I got to the last line...damn! Don't do that again!

nbp: end of the week likely.. friday or saturday. currently the plan was on friday.. but that is not set in stone.. i do work part time and am "on call" basis all the time. and at her workplace there are always someone away or need shifting timetables so she might have to work too to fill in for someone else.

yeah.. will let you know how it goes.

more i think about it more i believe its just friend asking another to spend time together. but i will keep an eye for all clues to contradict this.
    We're holding our breaths for ya. You know, you can do the old thing they used to do in school. You know, write a note with something like...Do you want to go out with me and then two boxes for check marks, one for yes and one for no...

Quote Originally Posted by guiri

We're holding our breaths for ya. You know, you can do the old thing they used to do in school. You know, write a note with something like...Do you want to go out with me and then two boxes for check marks, one for yes and one for no...
    Love it. Like a polling station on a date. Run a campaign on how good you are make pin badges.

Me toooooooooooo. I am hungry now.

Hell, we may make a cheer leading squad. Between my fat a$$ and March's OLD a$$, we'd have a killer outfit. Dancing and jumping with a sammich in one hand with mustard drippin' down our chins, except for my chin of course since I don't eat poupon!

Oh, and should you GET some, you know what I mean, I'll be more than happy to fly over there and sit by your bed and give you pointers too. That's the kind of friend I am.

Flashaholic*

advice council besides bed.. hah. indeed.

-and as a side note.. about the note.. that will draw a laughter or weird look. to my a bit eccentric humour it would be hilarious to get or make one.. to most ppl i think its just odd.

and.. umm.. that is not the kind of cheerleaders people want to see.. it is not a sight for sore eyes. hahah. enthusiasm is not everything! hahah.

--------------
    had basic toast with butter and falukorv. so im bread-ified again.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Just looked up falukorv - sounds nice!
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

advice council besides bed.. hah. indeed.

-and as a side note.. about the note.. that will draw a laughter or weird look. to my a bit eccentric humour it would be hilarious to get or make one.. to most ppl i think its just odd.

and.. umm.. that is not the kind of cheerleaders people want to see.. it is not a sight for sore eyes. hahah. enthusiasm is not everything! hahah.

--------------
    had basic toast with butter and falukorv. so im bread-ified again.
    Well, the note WAS a joke since you're not 5 any longer and the bed advice thing, I would wear welding glasses so I can't see a thing.
    Noggin, Falukorv is pretty nice. We used to grill it on charcoal when doing picknicks. It tastes great on a bun when you're hungry. It's pretty juicy stuff too

Cooking home made beef burritos, with lots of home grown chillis, muy picante!

Smells great, I can't wait.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

oooo.. burritos.. enchiladas.. tacos.. tortillas.. yeah.. something like that i gotta do this week! hmm.. on saturday i think. yeah.

but.. why the hell havent i had any mexican style food all summer?! i cant figure it out.. i like it. so why i havet had any since last winter? *pouts*

This time of year is perfect for eating Mexican food - chillis, peppers and tomatos are all ripe and ready to go in the greenhouse.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Hell, we may make a cheer leading squad. Between my fat a$$ and March's OLD a$$, we'd have a killer outfit. Dancing and jumping with a sammich in one hand with mustard drippin' down our chins, except for my chin of course since I don't eat poupon!

Oh, and should you GET some, you know what I mean, I'll be more than happy to fly over there and sit by your bed and give you pointers too. That's the kind of friend I am.
    March's OLD a$$ has been in Turkey (the country , not the bird) for the last week in boiling hot conditions ... Almost as hot as Egypt was in late May ... Didn't do much except drink beers and red wine and brandy for seven days in a fantastic five star all-inclusive hotel ... Food was amazing too with breakfast till ten , then late breakfast , then elevensies , then lunch , then afternoon tea (red wine and brandy) and sticky cakes , then evening meal and finally a buffet at eleven-thirty in case you were hungry ... For the benefit of Guiri , the drinks were in separate glasses and the cuntents did not mix till they were inside me ... I thought I better mention that 'cos you all know what Guiri is like.

Due to the hot weather , all my clothes have shrunk ... I think it must be due to the perspiration drying and shrinking the materials ... It's got to be that as shorts , trousers and shirts were all affected ... Must put some new batteries in the bathroom scales as they have gone wrong during the week we were away.

Only problems on holiday were :- No Lidls mango chutney ... No Curries ... Only a few varieties of ice cream ... No Curries ... No pint glasses only baby half-pint glasses ... Worst of all no curries.

Tonight I had a curry with loads of Lidls mango chutney on it ... Amazing ... I really needed that after a whole week of forced abstinence.

We will probably go back to the same hotel in October next year ... We should be able to walk on the sandy beach in October as opposed to running from the shade of one umbrella to the next ... I had to do this a few times when the waiters hadn't noticed that all our glasses were empty ... In bare feet , it is difficult getting all the drinks back (un-spilled) , when your feet are on fire ... Luckily this didn't happen too often as a few Euros in tips seemed to make the waiters more observant ... Amazing how money can improve a persons eyesight.

Just gonna have a couple of glasses of "Vino Collapso Rouge" to help me relax.

Life is hard.

My brother in law is a seasoned all inclusive traveller. He takes his own insulated pint + mug with him and insists that the bar staff fill it for him!

Glad you had a good time, tell us more about the buffets.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    My brother in law is a seasoned all inclusive traveller. He takes his own insulated pint + mug with him and insists that the bar staff fill it for him!

Glad you had a good time, tell us more about the buffets.
    All meals were buffet type ... There were too many foods to put them on here but there was an outside and an inside restaurant ... They did all the barbecue cooking outside with turkey , beef , pork and kebabs plus a sort of spicy stir-fry of vegetables with bits of chicken in it ... Not as good as a hot curry , but nice anyway ... Inside were loads of other different types of foods so it was easy to have a plateful from the outside restaurant then another from the inside one , so it didn't look as though you were greedy ... All sorts of salad stuff for those who like rabbit food were inside along with a twenty yard long double sided display of chilled sweets and deserts ... The ice creams were in a separate area and unfortunately there was a man there to serve them by the scoop ... I had to go there with several dishes and explain that I had three (non-existant) children as well.

The buffet restaurant had themed evenings where there were (apparently) authentic dishes and all the dining tables and chairs were dolled up with pretty coloured cloth ... There were very large , coloured ice sculptures (in drip trays) in a huge display but you were not allowed to eat them , so it was back to the ice-cream counter for proper ones.

There were several coffee machines dotted about and they ground the coffee before squirting water through it ... I love black coffee , unadulterated by sugar or milk.

The wine came from large wooden casks but I think that the wine was in plastic bags inside the casks ... Still , it was not a bad wine for a Turkish wine ... I remember what Turkish wines were like nearly thirty years ago and this wine was a considerable improvement.

The resort was called Incecum , which means (apparently) Soft Sand ... There were three hotels from the same Suntopia group and their private beaches together stretched for about two miles.

You had to have breakfast and dinner at your own hotel , but you could have all other meals and drinks at any of the hotels and bars ... There was a fridge in the suite which was kept topped up with soft drinks and water daily (free of charge) and we had a nice lounge and balcony plus full air conditioning which we left on permanently ... The maids kept putting flower petals on the bed and insisted on putting towels into heart-shaped displays with flowers on the bed too ... Seemed a shame to use the towels really.

Apparently we are going to go there again next year , though it might be for two weeks next time ... It will probably be in October as it is not as hot then.

Fabulous hotel , fabulous food ... Sea was warm , so I must take more swimwear next time and some beach footwear so I don't have to dash across the sand like a Roadrunner (beep-beep).

All the different breads were nice too ... And all sorts of strange jams (preserves) in big chilled bowls ... Very tasty.

This was my fourteenth holiday to Turkey and it was the best yet.

Well , thats all I can say about it ... Must take the dog out for my morning walk before doing the suduko and having cake and black coffee before lunch.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    The resort was called Incecum
    OK guys... this is a family-friendly forum, so no-one is to make jokes about what that resort name means in Latin, OK? .... pffffffft LMAO
    Resistance is futile...

Flashaholic*

gives odd look at dm51 what is he on about...

--googles incecum.. gets holiday resorts.. googles in cecum.. oh.. that. okay then.. needs a bit more knowledge of the ducting than average person needs to deduct that. or see the dirty side of it.. kinda needs to have a twisted brain. hahah.

like in our language: word "sovittu" means "agreed", but the part after the "so" is the english f-word in our language. nice way to be passiveagressive when talking to your boss about doing some dumb task.. hahah.
    -----------------
    march.. how much did they charge for the upkeep? sounds very neat!
    ----------------
    breakfast.. 8 slices of bread topped with fried curry chicken of yesterdays lunch. +couple plums from the tree.

Flashaholic*

gives odd look at dm51 what is he on about...

--googles incecum.. gets holiday resorts.. googles in cecum.. oh.. that. okay then.. needs a bit more knowledge of the ducting than average person needs to deduct that. or see the dirty side of it.. kinda needs to have a twisted brain. hahah.

like in our language: word "sovittu" means "agreed", but the part after the "so" is the english f-word in our language. nice way to be passiveagressive when talking to your boss about doing some dumb task.. hahah.
    -----------------
    march.. how much did they charge for the upkeep? sounds very neat!
    ----------------
    breakfast.. 8 slices of bread topped with fried curry chicken of yesterdays lunch. +couple plums from the tree.
    Just checked the spelling and it shows INCEKUM in the brochure ... Journey from Antalya airport takes about two hours as the driver has to take a short break at a taverna ... I think he gets a backhander (money) from the taverna owner ... I told this to the other passengers and most stayed on the bus ... Our hotel was only ten minutes from the taverna.

We only booked the holiday one week before the departure date and the price was reduced by £250 per person ... Came to £1008 total for me and my Wife.

I could have had a new PC for that money but my Wife decided that another holiday was more essential ... She doesn't understand these things ... Just think how much beer and brandy you can get for that money ... Wife says that she wants to have someone else do the cooking and cleaning ... I told her that if she wanted that sort of thing , she should have married a Woman ... No sense of humour some people ... I make her a mug of tea every morning , so I do some things nice for her.

We used Turkish Lira , but the shops have everything priced in Euros ... So next time we go to Turkey , we will take Euros instead.

By the way , NonSenCe , nice breakfast ... You won't get the same in this hotel ... They did have the Plums though , along with all sorts of other fruit and lots of rabbit food if you like that.

Flashaholic*

me and rabbits have a deal.. i dont eat their food, and they dont eat mine.. also they are told not to nibble at my appletree trunks etc in winter.. if they fail on their side of deal.. i hunt them down and eat them.

1000 uk pounds.. sheesh think of all the nice lights and knives and other edc stuff you could of gotten with that.. -not a bad price tho.

and that detour-thing is given.. busdrivers and taxidrivers etc around those countries always seem to have an "friend" whose place they support, sometimes neatly organized that people dont even notice they are beeing played.. and other times, like that, driving almost all the way to the destination and THEN needing a break. so they do stop by that place with people on board just to get clients in there.. and they will always take you to the same place if you ask you to take them somewhere nice.. (be it nice or not.. they are paid to go there or it belongs to their family or friends or employer) my friends have tested this several times during years in different locations: leaving from 3 different hotels, 10 or so people taking 10 taxis.. they end up into around 5 different restaurants as "best" in town! hahah and if they try to get a taxidriver to drive them to another place that other taxidriver suggested they really really want to refuse.. haha. might ask you to take another taxi as they "dont know" where it is.. or if they will take you, it might take a while by the long way round .. meter running and they insist this is the shortest route.. no matter how much you tell them its not.. haha. and when arriving.. they make funny excuses not driving right in front of the door.. (they cant be seen dropping people to the "competitor") and leave you around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    OK guys... this is a family-friendly forum, so no-one is to make jokes about what that resort name means in Latin, OK? .... pffffffft LMAO
    I thought the same thing!!
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Flashaholic*

cecum= blind.

hmm.. nothin dirty about that.

but had some spare time while youtubing music and found an latin translator.. according to it "incecum" = to move foward, to awake, enter into, and, march.

Flashaholic*

just friends. i think that i believe that we are just friends. for now atleast i go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpetrickgo View Post
    Me toooooooooooo. I am hungry now.
    Can't believe I missed this, welcome to our thread little brother

March's OLD a$$ has been in Turkey (the country , not the bird)

Good thing or you would have looked like Rowan Atkinson with your head stuck in the big bird's a$$

For the benefit of Guiri , the drinks were in separate glasses and the cuntents did not mix till they were inside me ... I thought I better mention that 'cos you all know what Guiri is like.
    Finally, I get some friggen' respect!

Due to the hot weather , all my clothes have shrunk ... I think it must be due to the perspiration drying and shrinking the materials ... It's got to be that as shorts , trousers and shirts were all affected ... Must put some new batteries in the bathroom scales as they have gone wrong during the week we were away.
    Good call catching that..

Only problems on holiday were :- No Lidls mango chutney ... No Curries ... Only a few varieties of ice cream ... No Curries ... No pint glasses only baby half-pint glasses ... Worst of all no curries.
    You were poorly prepared...Son! I'm disappoint!

We will probably go back to the same hotel in October next year ... We should be able to walk on the sandy beach in October as opposed to running from the shade of one umbrella to the next ... I had to do this a few times when the waiters hadn't noticed that all our glasses were empty ... In bare feet , it is difficult getting all the drinks back (un-spilled) , when your feet are on fire ...
    Then of course, you COULD wear flip flops....

Luckily this didn't happen too often as a few Euros in tips seemed to make the waiters more observant ... Amazing how money can improve a persons eyesight.
    Yep, all it takes is a little incentive...

Life is hard..
    It is. Do we need to take up a collection for you my friend?
    I really can't stand seeing you like this...

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Ok, we're gonna have to do something about DM. Someone in the vicinity slap him with a fresh trout. You know, I thought about this the other day and the MUFFeletta correction and then I thought,
    isn't muff...? Well yeah, it is!
    From wikipedia... Muff (handwarmer), a fashion accessory, usually of fur, for keeping the hands warm

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    You were poorly prepared ... Son !
    Do we need to take up a collection for you ?
    I really can't stand seeing you like this...
    Dear Guiri (Daddy ?)

I am a 73.5 year old orphan ... are you really my Daddy ?

I don't mind if you are younger than me ... Everyone needs a Daddy , particularly a rich generous one.

If so , any donations of large amounts of money (or even just a few new cars and a mansion) would be appreciated.

Lots of love , your new son XXX

Just had a huge omelette type thing for brunch, with cheese chillis, peppers, onion and bacon. Also a huge dollop of Blairs death sauce with chipotle on the side.

On a side note, one of the things that I dislike immensely about Lidl, is that they make you put a £1 coin in the trolly (cart) before you can take it into the store. Well a British knife maker has made a gismo that let's you unlock the trolly without a coin. I got it last week and I have had great fun unlocking trollies. The best bit though is leaving the trolly so that someone comes along all sneaky, thinking that they will get a free £1 and seeing the disappointment when they see the slot empty! Little victories make me smile.

Dear Guiri (Daddy ?)

I am a 73.5 year old orphan ... are you really my Daddy ?

I don't mind if you are younger than me ... Everyone needs a Daddy , particularly a rich generous one.

If so , any donations of large amounts of money (or even just a few new cars and a mansion) would be appreciated.

Lots of love , your new son XXX
    Damn, reminds me of a joke...I'll post it here if I can find it, SON!