PEAK
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1116

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Way too dark for iPad pics. I was using one of my Surefire helmet lights on an eotac ball cap, really useful, but not very good for taking pictures with.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Bacon sandwich sounds great, what's HP sauce?
    HP sauce is a sort of brown gunge that some people put on food ... Same consistancy as tomato ketchup but not as nice.

It is obviously not as gorgeous as Lidls Mango Chutney and is used to disguise the taste of yukky food ... The mango chutney , on the other hand , is the perfect complement to good savoury food.

Going away for a "Turkey and Tinsel" holiday to North Wales tomorrow so won't be back till Friday ... Proper cooked Breakfasts and Evening meals plus evening entertainment and three bus trips to a variety of places are included ... Chester and Llangollen are two that we will visit ... We love Chester ... Llangollen was last visited on my Canal Boat about 1968 ... Nice way to travel as there are pubs every mile or so with mooring outside ... You can have a meal and a few beers then just (literally) fall into bed when the pub closes ... You have to make sure that it is your own boat that you fall into ... It is mega-nice.

Spent a week on Lake Windermere in 1966 on a 36' Bermudan Sloop , just me and my very first wife and my five stone (70 pound) hound ... Had to drop anchor and row the dingy to the shore several times a day for the dog to do his thing ... It aint easy lifting a 70 pound dog down into a row-boat and back again ... I was a bit fitter in those days ... We went to pubs each night for food and beers ... Had to anchor near the pub then row to the pubs ... Coming back was the worst ... It was dark and very misty and we had to blindly row till we hit a boat ... I found it easier to shout "is this our boat" and if there was no reply we were in with a chance ... Usually someone would shout "Not this boat" or something unprintable and the search would continue ... The hound was of no use in finding our boat under these conditions ... I suppose that all boats smell the same ... Big snag was that if the wind changed , the boat would swing on its mooring and might not actually be where it was left ... It doesn't matter when you've had a few drinks and it is still a memorable weeks holiday.

If I survive this next week , I will post again on Friday or Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    we talked good ten minutes with each other without anyone disturbing us, this time it was i who did most of the talking. he ate cheese and ham (i only had the ham).
    Lovely day then

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    I have spent most of the evening outside since it got dark, with my pizza oven thing. This time was a much better experience, I threw away the dough recipe and did my own by touch and feel it was much lighter and didn't stick to the stone. The pizzas were the best I have ever tasted. I took a few pictures for you George, but I can't put them on my iPad until the camera kit comes on Tuesday.

I now stink of wood smoke, but I have a nice full belly!
    Smoke stink is manly and full belly is good. Stinkin' iPad!

Shoulda just taken the pics with the iPad.
    Look forward to seeing those pics, can't be a real stone fired pizza.
    Stinkin' iPad!

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Way too dark for iPad pics. I was using one of my Surefire helmet lights on an eotac ball cap, really useful, but not very good for taking pictures with.
    Stinkin' iPad!

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    HP sauce is a sort of brown gunge that some people put on food ... Same consistancy as tomato ketchup but not as nice.

It is obviously not as gorgeous as Lidls Mango Chutney and is used to disguise the taste of yukky food ... The mango chutney , on the other hand , is the perfect complement to good savoury food.
    ..and the reason for me not eatin' crap like that, including ketchup on fries..

Going away for a "Turkey and Tinsel" holiday to North Wales tomorrow so won't be back till Friday ... Proper cooked Breakfasts and Evening meals plus evening entertainment and three bus trips to a variety of places are included ... Chester and Llangollen are two that we will visit ... We love Chester ... Llangollen was last visited on my Canal Boat about 1968 ... Nice way to travel as there are pubs every mile or so with mooring outside ... You can have a meal and a few beers then just (literally) fall into bed when the pub closes ... You have to make sure that it is your own boat that you fall into ... It is mega-nice.
    ..and that the boat is tied so close that you won't fall into the water...in your state, you might not realize it until St Peter is telling you to wake up and starts asking you questions..

Spent a week on Lake Windermere in 1966 on a 36' Bermudan Sloop , just me and my very first wife and my five stone (70 pound) hound ... Had to drop anchor and row the dingy to the shore several times a day for the dog to do his thing ... It aint easy lifting a 70 pound dog down into a row-boat and back again ... I was a bit fitter in those days ... We went to pubs each night for food and beers ... Had to anchor near the pub then row to the pubs ... Coming back was the worst ... It was dark and very misty and we had to blindly row till we hit a boat ... I found it easier to shout "is this our boat" and if there was no reply we were in with a chance ... Usually someone would shout "Not this boat" or something unprintable and the search would continue ... The hound was of no use in finding our boat under these conditions ... I suppose that all boats smell the same ... Big snag was that if the wind changed , the boat would swing on its mooring and might not actually be where it was left ... It doesn't matter when you've had a few drinks and it is still a memorable weeks holiday.

If I survive this next week , I will post again on Friday or Saturday.

Had cold pizza for breakfast, nice!

Got a big chunk of beef brisket in the slow cooker with red wine garlic and leeks (for March). Mrs Noggin is making horseradish mash to with, should be ready by 20:30 gmt. It already smells very good, my tummy is grumbling
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

havent really had anything today. 38.4c fever.. 101 f to you guys. feeling like an tired zombie allday. will put alarmclock awakening me during the night so i know there is no dangerous heat spike coming. as its already dangerous zone in my mind.. 2 celcious degrees above my normal temp of 36.4/97.5f. so im feeling goofy and soft cotton headed.

not hungry but gotta get some anyways.. and drink again.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Nogg, that sounds great. I love leeks. No one eats them here in the US...?

Nonsence, take care of yourself bro

Flashaholic*

fever is down by a degree (celcious) from yesterday.. so i feel ALOT better today. hope it will stay down and goes away all the way today.

im hungry, its a good sign. hahah. means i am feelin better.

-nothing interesting for food.. something easy and simple and quick.. spaghetti + can/jar of bolognese sauce. (for breakfast.. as i woke up 2 hours ago at 2 pm.. decided to make something more "foody" than sandwich right away as i didnt eat much yesterday)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Cold roast beef and dijon mustard on a white sub, it really hit the spot.

Glad you're feeling better nonsence

Yes! I'm the 1000th post!!

Is that you Noggin? The pizza looks great! What time should we be over?
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Yep, dats me!

Come on over anytime, just give me 3 hours notice to make the dough!

Flashaholic*

umm.. gotta say.. that is a small one. i hope its just a teaser photo and the real thing wouldnt fit the frame.

They tend to shrink as the dough rises, I made six for me and the Mrs.... Two each for dinner and a cold one each for breakfast.

Oh I almost forgot, we popped in to Lidl on the way home and noticed that they have started to sell frozen moose steaks. Are they any good, do you cook and eat like regular steak or use for casseroles etc. bit expensive for a small pack, @ Ł10.

Yep, pizza looks good as hell (notice how I didn't comment on Noggin's looks...)

Glad you're feelin' better little bro. Now that Noggin posted a pic of himself, I was gonna
    put one of myself on my bike but I really don't want that one out in public and I KNOW
    i'll get in trouble over it in here so I'm gonna post another one

This is me on a good day

Any damn questions?

Bad hair day?

Every day!

Now tell me, do I look like I give a $hit about my hair?

Super Moderator

George, a well-used bog-brush would be in a better state than that, lol.
    Resistance is futile...

I think it shows character.... The character of a bad ass dude that is.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    George, a well-used bog-brush would be in a better state than that, lol.
    I'll take that as a compliment...?

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    I think it shows character.... The character of a bad ass dude that is.
    Trust a Scot to be the only one to get it...sheesh

Go Scotland!

Yes! I'm the 1000th post!!

Is that you Noggin? The pizza looks great! What time should we be over?
    Good job nbp

I dunno what I was expecting Noggin to look like, so no shock there. Looks like a nice guy.

George, you look about how I expected. Except I thought you were older... You don't look old enough to remember things from 30 yrs ago.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Well, I'm 51 and the ONLY things I remember are from 30 years ago....

Is it still a sandwich if you just stuff some meat in a piece of cheese and roll it up and eat it?

Well, it's got bread in it so I'd say yes and I'll go as far as saying that since they're made of flour and then kneaded into a dough, even dough ball soup should be considered a sandwich, a juicy sandwich!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

How's nonsence, is he still alive?

If not, we shall have sandwiches at his funeral.....I have spoken!

I'm currently eating two rolls on sausage. It's links sausage rather than square slice which is depressing but fills a hole before I head to Ibrox to watch the mighty Glasgow Rangers!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    How's nonsence, is he still alive?

If not, we shall have sandwiches at his funeral.....I have spoken!
    Ya Man! Dat we will do!

-no. wait. my funerals.. hmm i guess i wont be eating there. but i do wish you all have a good time whom attend. there will be food available after the burial.

----------------
    so, alive at the moment i am..
    --------------
    who knows what happens 10 seconds from now..
    -------------

today: a rye bread butter and 3 kinds of meat toppings (meatwurst, turkey ham, pork ham) and for health reasons there was vegetables too.. a slice of cucumber! (just ate all the packages empty, all had the last bit of meat in them)

-------
    now i will be going out to do winter checks on the car.. fluids and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    I'm currently eating two rolls on sausage. It's links sausage rather than square slice which is depressing but fills a hole before I head to Ibrox to watch the mighty Glasgow Rangers!
    Will you be having a pie at the footie?

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin

Will you be having a pie at the footie?
    I certainly will be having a half time pie. Sad thing is its my turn to buy the pies! Cover them in brown sauce and enjoy the wee bit of heat on a cold miserable Glasgow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    Ya Man! Dat we will do!

-no. wait. my funerals.. hmm i guess i wont be eating there. but i do wish you all have a good time whom attend. there will be food available after the burial.

----------------
    so, alive at the moment i am..
    --------------
    who knows what happens 10 seconds from now..
    -------------

today: a rye bread butter and 3 kinds of meat toppings (meatwurst, turkey ham, pork ham) and for health reasons there was vegetables too.. a slice of cucumber! (just ate all the packages empty, all had the last bit of meat in them)

-------
    now i will be going out to do winter checks on the car.. fluids and such.
    I'm of course a little sad I don't get to eat sammiches in Finland but right now is not a good time for me to travel anyway so I'm thrilled to hear that you're alive

Yes, that slice of cucumber is VERY important!