Black Moon LTD
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Unusual types of sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLumen View Post
    Known as french toast in UK too. Without the sugar of course
    You should see the folks in Anglia, northern Germany, they do even eat their kale with sugar and caramelized potatoes along with a nice smoked sausage and some Kassler.

Cheers

RBR

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Swedes eat a lot of sugar too. I like kassler

Hey, where yall is?

Whatcha been eating lately George?
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Good stuff apparently 'cause my sugar was down to 112 the other day

I had dinner at a Mexican place tonight and ate something called Bistec Ranchero which is pretty much beef tips in some sauce. Very good stuff and the damn waitress was purdy too

Here, found a pic for ya

That looks really nice George. I love Mexican food, especially the rice and beans with salsa.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Yeah, it is good

I too love mexican food, but I had an ostrich burger last night with cheddar and bacon on it and it was awesome. It made me think of this thread. If I had not left my phone in my jeep I would have taken a picture of it.

Dammit! The walk to the jeep would have done you good!

Was it at Fuddrucker's?

Haha

Nope no Fuddruckers around here, it was at Rupununi in downtown bar harbor, ME.

Hehehe, couldn't help myself.

I'll have to try one of those big chickin' burgers one day. Been curious about them anyway although kinda feel sorry for the birds. Mind you, cows are kinda cute too..

Flashaholic*

Nana Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    You Brits don't know about cheese.
    The Brits were making gorgeous cheeses long before America was even invented.

Fight, fight, fight, fight..

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Yep, it's a shame nbp

Noggin, why not try to substitute for other stuff and see how it tastes. Sometimes it's not necessarily THE exact brand or ingredient (like March and Lidl's Chutney) but concept. Give it a shot
    It is absolutely essential to get the correct brand ... I am now 73 years old and have been sampling Mango Chutneys for at least a quarter of a century (though probably a lot longer) ... Any time we see a different one , we buy it ... After mega-years of trials and errors , the Lidls one is the best for my taste ... Some other brands are just plain yukk with no real taste ... Some of the home-made ones that were bought in the Bolton and Manchester area from Indian shops were equally good , but were only available wholesale ... If it is rubbish , it is not easy to get rid of chutney in a bucket 14 pounds in weight ... Luckily I was able to sample them first , but if you don't eat it within a month or two , it gets a more vinegar taste to it ... Hence the reason for my extended research into the jars of mango chutney ... My research still continues , just in case the present chutney vanishes from the shelves in Lidls (or is replaced by an imposter).

I just hope that Lidls don't change the formula or their supplier as they did with their ice cream ... They used to have the best vanilla ice cream in the world (my favourite) ... It was in a blue 2.5 litre container and had lots of speckles of vanilla in it ... Gorgeous taste ... A few years ago it was replaced by another one ... Not the same ... I have been searching for another to titilate my taste-buds in the same way that the old one did ... So far I have failed ... I have now resorted to buying the chocolate and toffee ones plus some mint-choc-chip ... I eat several litres of ice cream per week though without the Lidles old (blue-container) variety , the satisfaction is just not there ... Some of the Cornish Cream types are nearly there , but not quite.

The research is continuous ...................

I like a man that's dedicated. I'm the same way with stuff! If I find something I like, I don't let go...like a dog with a bone..

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

oh the lidls vanilla icecream! iscream! i liked that too! i found it a bit on the late side (lidl was new here then and their varieties was.. well not that good as they are today.. they have learned to fill in the counters with stuff WE like to eat) but anyways.. a friend of mine offered that icecream couple times and i loved it. so i decided to buy one myself aswell eventually (i think it was on my 3rd visit to lidl actually.. hahah) and it was goooood. month passed (bought other icecreams in mean time) went back to get that vanilla.. but there wasnt any. and then went even later to look for it.. and bought the vanilla they had then. well.. like you said. not that good! actually my sample tasted too salty! since then.. i have not even looked at the icecreams at lidl. i hate to be so sorely dissapointed by something.

still havent bought or searched the lidl mango chutney.. mainly because i dont know where i would put it. (not on my sammy, i dont like anything sweet like that on it.. no jam, no peanutbutter etc. like said before. bread. butter. somekind of meat. that´ll do. )
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    I still havent bought or searched the lidl mango chutney.. mainly because i dont know where i would put it. (not on my sammy, i dont like anything sweet like that on it.. no jam, no peanutbutter etc. like said before. bread. butter. somekind of meat. that´ll do. )
    Chips made with real fat (lard not oil) with dollops of mango chutney , in a sandwich made with brown bread ... The brown bread that has all sorts of husks and nuts in it.

Magic.

Though my Wife says that it is no use making anything tasty 'cos I smother everything with Lidls mango chutney ... She does make tasty things 'cos she likes them herself ... So I benefit there.

I don't put the mango chutney on my ice cream and other sweets , so don't believe anything she says to the contrary.

All this has made me feel a bit peckish , so gotta go.

Great to hear from you again March, where you been?
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Eating everything in sight apparently...

Flashaholic*

a painful lesson to be learned..
    -all is not edible.
    -and even if were edible, it might not be digestible.
    -and even if its edible and possible to digest.. it still might hurt or kill you.

and.. chips.. the rare occasions when i do eat them.. i want them "raw" as in no dipping things.. plain old potatoe chips.
    and like said the bread.. naah.. too sweet for me. bread +butter is enough. anykind of meat on top of that is enough. (occasionally i might add some other things too)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Flashaholic*

Holiday in Egypt with the Wife ... Five star , all inclusive ... Very hot though , so large quantities of liquids were essential ... Then recovering (back in the UK) and getting back to normal (Lidls Mango Chutney etc).

Couldn't find a Lidls in Sharm el Sheikh and didn't see one in Cairo when I was there a few years ago ... Strange really , I thought Lidls were everywhere.

Been building walk in wardrobes in younger Daughters house plus other bits ... Been playing with my new Virginmedia "Tivo" box and my new 24" Sony TV ... Amazing ... So amazing that I didn't go on the computer as much as usual ... Also my Wife saw 3D TV for the first time and she just had to have one (Sony 46") and it came with a free Sony Blu-ray player and two free pairs of the active shutter glasses ... So also been watching that ... Avatar in 3D is amazing ... She bought two pairs of child-size glasses as well , so we have been having 3D film shows with the family (four at a time) ... Got rid of some of my less-than-gorgeous ice-creams to the viewing visitors , so I can now get other varieties in for a trial.

We also have a family of Hedgehogs at the bottom of the garden , so the dog-food is getting eaten quicker than normal ... I'm on guard with a catapult to keep the four Magpies from eating the hedgehog food , so I've been busy.

Also I don't have to go back to the hospital for my prostate problem ... All the pills seem to be working ... I just need to visit the Doctor once a year for tests ... I will fit it in with my Asthma visits , so no problem there.

So that's it ... We have a few more viewings of the 3D to organise (Avatar and Alice in Wonderland) and a couple of litres of ice-cream to get rid of and then it will be back to normal once more ... According to my Wife the only thing normal about me is that I'm not normal ... Strange really ... All my Wives said similar things about me !

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Eating everything in sight apparently...
    Not everything ... Some ice-creams were given away to viewing visitors ... They weren't nice anyway ... The ice-creams , I mean.

Good stuff March Brown you Globe trotter! Tell us about the Egyptian food!

Don't feed the Hedgehogs until after dusk, that way the Magpies won't get their food.

Flashaholic*

Good stuff March Brown you Globe trotter! Tell us about the Egyptian food!

Don't feed the Hedgehogs until after dusk, that way the Magpies won't get their food.
    Egyptian food was European ... There was an Italian Restaurant and several others that you had to book the day before ... Plus a Chinese restaurant that gave small but very artistically presented meals ... Went there first but had to go to another restaurant to fill up later ... Only tried the Chinese one the once !

If the Hedgehogs don't eat all the food at night then the Magpies come and squabble (very loudly) for it at four in the morning ... Mrs March.brown was not amused with the noise and I was severely reprimanded 'cos I didn't wake up too ... Last night I put the food under the bushes and there were no Magpie noises this morning.

Today the four young Magpies and two Collared Doves are sitting in the trees looking really miserable ... But at least they are quiet at the moment.

I just hope that Mrs Hedgehog doesn't have another family now , as my Wife won't let me keep them in the house to overwinter ... A few years ago Mrs Hedgehog deserted the second family at the end of September when the babies were tiny ... We took two survivers to a Hedgehog sanctuary but only one lived ... They have to be well over one pound in weight to survive hibernation ... This years babies are really growing and are now learning to be cautious ... A few weeks ago they were out during the day looking for food and didn't curl up when I poked pieces of dog-food at their noses ... Now they come out at dusk and dash off if I go near them ... I didn't realise how fast they could run ... Mrs Hedgehog just ambles slowly away ... I hope she's not pregnant 'cos she is very large.

Must go now as Pickles the Yorkie needs to go out for a walk ... Just realised how apt the dogs name is ... Pickles ! ... I should have asked Lidles to sponsor him.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    Pickles the Yorkie... I should have asked Lidles to sponsor him
    Don't let "Lidl Pickles" get too near the hedgehogs, lol.

Dog meets hedgehog --> lots of fleas on dog.
    Resistance is futile...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Don't let "Lidl Pickles" get too near the hedgehogs, lol.

Dog meets hedgehog --> lots of fleas on dog.
    He doesn't go that close ... Though he seems to be interested in the way they waddle about ... It's probably because he has found a wild animal that is actually lighter than he is ... He is six pounds and three ounces (with his harness on) ... All the local cats are far bigger than him though they still run when he chases them in the garden ... They jump the wire netting fence then taunt him by coming back to within inches of the fence ... That really annoys him.

Pickles is treated with "Frontline" every five weeks or so , so he should be fleaproofed ... I buy the Frontline in bulk on the internet and measure out 0.67ml with a syringe and squirt him on the back of the neck every five weeks ... It works out at about 80p per dose this way and there is no use-by date ... To buy the small pipettes locally is mega-expensive ... It actually costs me more than 80p because I fleaproof my daughters dog too.

March Brown - Mrs Noggin has just told me that frontline DOES have a use by date (she also wants to know what frontline you are using) - she works at a veterinary hospital.

Flashaholic*

March Brown - Mrs Noggin has just told me that frontline DOES have a use by date (she also wants to know what frontline you are using) - she works at a veterinary hospital.
    This is Frontline Spot on Dog ... I know that there is an expiry date on them ; in this case it is January 2013 ... I was informed that even though Frontline has an expiry date , this is a legal requirement and does not imply that the medication is of no use after the declared date ... I have sufficient left for another 25 applications for Pickles though some will be used on my Daughters dog too ... At a guess , I will be restocking sometime in mid-2013 , possibly earlier if a special offer comes up ... My last re-stocking gave me enough for 36 (0.67ml) applications ... That was bought as six 4.02ml pipettes from a Veterinary practice.

I have been using this supplier of Frontline for three years now and can certainly vouch for the eficacy of the product ... My Daughters dog had ticks a couple of weeks ago ... I removed one using 100% alcohol and tweezers ... A normal application of the Frontline seemed to dry up another and it just dropped off dead a couple of days later and was discovered on her carpet.

Ah, so you are drawing smaller doses from large dog pipettes? Frontline is great stuff, well done. Wow quite OT!

Tonight I am having chorizo and bean chilli, made with chilli's I have grown (made it last night, always tastes better the next day).

Flashaholic*

ot.. rofl.. sandwich eaters are famous for ot ramblings.. this can hardly be called an ot yet hahahh.

remember the origins of the reason why this thread "had to be done".. if i recall right, THAT first thread begun of someone forgetting to bring a backup flashlight with him. and evolved into something totally different..