Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Don’t be rude about George’s turkey ^. You might upset him - he is very fond of it.
    ...AND, I'm easily offended too...

Quote Originally Posted by JacobJones View Post
    5. Crush sandwich under the palm of your hand (this step is neccesary to prevent crisps falling out and make it thin enough to get in your mouth.
    You mean, kinda like this?

Nonsense, yep, mentioning them raspberries is a very cruel and unusual punishment and yes, you're right, I'd rather be up there too. I don't know if I told you but I used to live in Northern Sweden and we were in Finland shopping all the time. I've also crossed the arctic circle many times. For those who don't know how far the arctic circle is, it's NORTH of Anchorage, Alaska

Anyway, at least you're down to 0.5 liter of Coke as opposed to 1.5 the other day. That's an improvement

Flashaholic*

CRISP SAMMICH:

1. Spread two slices of bread with the fatty product of your choice, I use clover spread (it's a sort of inbetweener, it's not full fat butter but it's not that horrible stuff either).

2. Open bag of walkers cheese and onion crisps (open two actually because they're half empty).

3. Tip crisps onto one slice of bread, if any fall over the edges put them back on.

4. Put other slice of bread ontop (butter side down, duh).

5. Crush sandwich under the palm of your hand (this step is neccesary to prevent crisps falling out and make it thin enough to get in your mouth.

6. Eat it.

you'd be amazed how tasty this really is. If you can't find walkers any crisps will do aslong as they are cheese and onion.
    Works well with the "Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar" crisps that Lidls sell , though to give a better flavour I don't crush the crisps and I don't use any bread ... Straight from the (extra-large) packet is best , uncontaminated by "bread and spread".

Damn March, all that work (numbered list n' all) and you just ruined it with one long sentence...

Flashaholic*

Lol. Atleast some flashaholics have been exposed to the recipe now, maybe they'll turn into....? Crispsandwichaholics?

Ps, how do I find out who edited my sig line? I just noticed that some joker thought it'd be funny to change torchaholic to torchahiloc
    Last edited by JacobJones; 08-27-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    I cannot pretend to feel impartial about tint colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

Message DM51, if it's doable, he can find out..

Super Moderator

how do I find out who edited my sig line?
    Edit Signature (in your User CP). You must have mis-typed it.
    Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    Works well with the "Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar" crisps that Lidls sell , though to give a better flavour I don't crush the crisps and I don't use any bread ... Straight from the (extra-large) packet is best , uncontaminated by "bread and spread".
    +1 to Salt and Vinegar.

I've been known to enjoy a Ham, Cheese and Salt & Vinegar Chip Sandwich from time to time.

My wife is currently roasting a pork belly, and it smells fantastic... but I want a sandwich now.

Flashaholic*

Hahaha Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    My wife is currently roasting a pork belly, and it smells fantastic... but I want a sandwich now.
    Whilst your Wife is standing by the cooker , whisper sweet nothings in her ear , nibble her neck and tell her you love her.

Either she will immediately make you a sandwich OR you will have no teeth to eat the pork with ... On the other hand you might be lucky

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

i think that pork belly could also be put into sandwich.. but thats just me.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Edit Signature (in your User CP). You must have mis-typed it.
    DM, when I click on the link to get here in my notification e mail, why does it NOT take me to the last page?

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    +1 to Salt and Vinegar.

I've been known to enjoy a Ham, Cheese and Salt & Vinegar Chip Sandwich from time to time.

Dunno, that pork belly sounds great...

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    i think that pork belly could also be put into sandwich.. but thats just me.
    Nah, it's not just you my brother, anything can be made into a sandwich

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    DM, when I click on the link to get here in my notification e mail, why does it NOT take me to the last page?
    It wants to make sure you remember what the first page said before it lets you get to the real meaty stuff.
    Resistance is futile...

Geez! Apparently I'm the only diabetic here (for now at least)...
    Nope, me too. Just reading this thread raises my Blood sugar to dangerous levels!

As I read your post I was just thinking of my favourite sugar free chocolate - anything from Thorntons, but their luxury assortment is divine.

BTW - I am also partial to a crisp sandwich - either the aforementioned cheese and onion (Deffo Walkers) or some salt and vinegar in a tuna sandwich is v.good.

Can't eat sandwiches too much - doesn't meet the 25% of starch compared to 75%protein/fibre that my regime requires. But give me a bowl of Iceberg lettuce, a cupful of prawns and some Marie Rose sauce with a dash of Paprika and a couple of 'small' slices of Grand Mange Paysan, and I am in Summer Heaven!

Food and Torches - can't do without either, and both done to excess!

It wants to make sure you remember what the first page said before it lets you get to the real meaty stuff.
    The hell? Kinda defeats the purpose of notifications (almost). It USED to take you to THE actual post didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac View Post
    Nope, me too. Just reading this thread raises my Blood sugar to dangerous levels!

As I read your post I was just thinking of my favourite sugar free chocolate - anything from Thorntons, but their luxury assortment is divine.

BTW - I am also partial to a crisp sandwich - either the aforementioned cheese and onion (Deffo Walkers) or some salt and vinegar in a tuna sandwich is v.good.

Can't eat sandwiches too much - doesn't meet the 25% of starch compared to 75%protein/fibre that my regime requires. But give me a bowl of Iceberg lettuce, a cupful of prawns and some Marie Rose sauce with a dash of Paprika and a couple of 'small' slices of Grand Mange Paysan, and I am in Summer Heaven!

Food and Torches - can't do without either, and both done to excess!
    Man, that prawn stuff sounds good. I went to the hospital 'cause my left arm went bananas with me having NO control over it and when they checked my blood, they told me I had diabetes. Well, being a fat ****, I wasn't surprised. The dude said, your blood sugar levels are over a thousand, that's the highest I've ever seen. Well, I must be doing pretty good 'cause I'm down to under 150 average (first few weeks I was averaging around 500) and I cheat a little bit.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way my body turned out. Never been very sick in my life n' all that

I have $hitty luck so I guess this is what I get instead of normal luck

YES, I realize not going into coma or going blind at over 1000 sugar levels would be considered being lucky but I was referring to everything else. Thought I'd mention that 'cause I KNOW someone's gonna catch that.

Flashaholic*

The hell? Kinda defeats the purpose of notifications (almost). It USED to take you to THE actual post didn't it?
    That's weird George. When I click the link in the notifcation emails it does take me to the most recent post in the thread.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...!&goto=newpost

that is the link it sends me every time someone posts in this thread. Aren't the links it sends you followed by &goto=newpost?
    I cannot pretend to feel impartial about tint colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

Well Jacob, yes and no. Now that you mentioned it, I went to look and in my webmail (I check my mail online) it actually cuts the link off right before the !@goto and so on. Don't know why but I intend to find out.
    So, I downloaded the mail in Thunderbird and there, it shows up just fine.

I'm a bit sick of having problems with my webmail and this is far from the first time

At least now I know the problem. Where is DM, we need to beat him on the head...

Ate a cheese sandwich for lunch. 3 cheeses, mayo and ciabatta bread. Not too bad; simple but satisfying.

Since we have some ice cream eaters here, I gotta vent about ice cream scoops. I am so sick of these crap scoops that are cheap steel plated with cheap whatever and start to disintegrate as soon as they go in the dishwasher and get hit with some detergent. I want an ice cream scoop that is milled out of a bar of real stainless and polished to a mirror shine and will last the rest of my life. It should weigh three pounds and survive IED without issue. I want to put it through the dishwasher 10,000 times and never see any pitting or flaking. The steel the dishwasher is made out of and the forks and knives are made out of survives just fine. Why can't they make the flippin' scoop out of that stuff?!
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Flashaholic*

icecream scoop? lol. i open package, take biggest kitchen knife or meat cleaver and cut myself an chunk or two.

no lollygaggin here so dont need no stinkin scoops.. hahahah.

-- tried to do few balls at one time.. but kept breaking them plasticky models all the time so i just gave up trying to make them look good..

i think if you need an icecream scoop that lasts.. you need to ask them people whom roll them for you in the fairgrounds and icecream houses shops and carts and trucks, where they get their whole metal scoops.. those last forever and make tons of icecream cones during summer/year. or have someone who is handy make you one out of that stainless.. that would be neat btw.. stainless scoop and stainless handle with wooden grip.. sweet. (i think i have seen similar sold in very high end and high priced kitchen store)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Full custom Ti Rick Hinderer ice cream scoop, with an ice pick handle?
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

guiri knows his icecream scoops too..

that alessi made one i think i have seen before.. and those vintage models are probably guaranteed to last a another lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Full custom Ti Rick Hinderer ice cream scoop, with an ice pick handle?

YES!

I am going to start a thread right now in the McGizmo forum and see if Don can whip us up some kitchen utensils!
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

guiri knows his icecream scoops too..

that alessi made one i think i have seen before.. and those vintage models are probably guaranteed to last a another lifetime

...I'm thinking they're good for beating up intruders too

nbp, I was going to say, have one made if you feel it's worth it. Plenty of people here with metal working skills

Polished stainless steel should give you plenty of slide and I ASSUME, hold up in the washer.

Flashaholic*

Who needs an ice-cream scoop when the solid stainless steel desert-spoons are strong enough to do the job ... You should use soft-scoop ice cream or set the freezer temperature correctly.

I take the flavours I need out of the freezer a few minutes before I need to scoop the ice-cream ... Usually when I'm about half-way through the main course ... It is easy to scoop that way ... Even my Grandsons know how to do it ... One likes the mint-choc-chip and the toffee flavours , the other likes the chocolate and the strawberry ... I like the Lidls Bourbon vanilla flavour and any others that happen to be available ... Great when the kids come round as every flavour is in use.

So , get the temperature right and just use a strong desert-spoon ... Anyway , scoops don't hold enough , they are only good to make ice-cream balls ... With practice , a desert-spoon can scoop about a quarter of a litre if needed.

For watching a Rugby international game on TV , you need a litre of mint-choc-chip ice-cream plus a four pack of nicely chilled Draught Guinness ... If you don't have Prostate problems , make it a six pack ... Those were the days !

Scoops are for Wimps.

p.s. I don't put the Draught Guiness on the ice-cream , I put it in a glass ... I thought I better mention that with people like guiri reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    Who needs an ice-cream scoop when the solid stainless steel desert-spoons are strong enough to do the job ...
    I was going to say that NOT everyone's an artist like you March but then at the end, you threw me to the wolves so I take that back, you stain on the British Empire...(I figure that one'll do the job

Super Moderator

guiri knows his icecream scoops too
    He's not allowed any ice-cream until he's finished eating his turkey sandwich.

Resistance is futile...