Olight
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Sorry David I didn't know! I just was referring to the sandwich, the [language]aletta. I will fix those and put the full name in. I didn't mean anything bad by it and had no idea there was any other meaning.
    Last edited by DM51; 09-07-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Quote Originally Posted by JacobJones View Post
    I think of it like that aswell, I was shocked when I heard about donner kababs.

@guiri it's not us who took a perfectly good language and mutilated it
    Man, I live in the US so you know I can't comment on that in public

As for the kebab, I think it would be called a gyro here..

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Sorry David I didn't know! I just was referring to the sandwich, the [language]aletta. I will fix those and put the full name in. I didn't mean anything bad by it and had no idea there was any other meaning.
    See, now THIS is why I made my own forum years ago
    NO children allowed in it

Quote Originally Posted by nbp
    You are such a knucklehead.

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

now im curious what was the word that is deleted.. hahah..

and nbp.. i bet the guy who told the original story of going to elevator without an flashlight didnt see the original thread spiraling out of control into sandwiches and food.. one is none but butter is better! (i wish that thread could be revived.. it has so many good recipes)

and i think its wrong you to label this thread to be about sandwiches.. it seems to go off the track all the time (like it should) to other food related items like chokolate and storks and icecream and penguins.

wonder what penguin tastes like? dodo bird couldnt fly either but it was eaten to extinction.. but its said that they were too dumb to learn and fear.. penguins likely are smarter. or are they just surviving because they mostly live where there are hardly any people to eat and hunt them for fun. or are they all like Skipper, Private, Kovalski and Rico.. "just smile and wave boys. smile and wave."

---
    today i had only spaghetti and bolognese sauce again (leftovers from yesterday). and didnt even make the bread root.. will do that on weekend then maybe.

tomorrow i will do some chicken fillets/breasts and fry them abit then cover them with cream and add some spices and paprika slices and tomato slices and put them into oven to simmer for a while. then cook some rice to go with them.

as a side note about food related stuff.. i think i might of been almost asked out today.. she called me and said she wanted to go to have dinner or something together next week when we both have a day off.. i want to do something fun with you she said. not sure though if its just meant to be a "friends getting together" or something more. this is only because i keep getting mixed messages every time i am with her.. so im not sure where we are and where we are going to. problem is that she is too fun and cool to be with (even as "only friends") so i do not want to mess the friendship up by suggesting something more or doing something "wrong". this dinner invite confuses me now even more. im biguglyfatfellow, she is more of an cutiepie.. im grumpyshrek, she is huggykissy happyjoyjoy type (well atleast she seems to be that around me and making me act like that too) so the poor "calm and reserved" me, is not sure if those effections she gives just what she does for every of her friends or are they just for me. (likely not) but like said. that confuses me and makes my mind drift. truth told: way out of my league, she is.

..hmm.. seems like i needed to write it down somewhere, just to get a chance to tell myself that i am just trying to fool myself to believe into the daydream.. so, no. it got to be just a friendly get together. nothing more. no matter how much i want to see something more in it. this sucks!
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

You are such a knucklehead.
    Yeah, but he's got three McGizmo's so there's only so much junk you can say about him...and it only took him 3.5 years to make the decision to get one (or three)

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Yeah, but he's got three McGizmo's so there's only so much junk you can say about him...and it only took him 3.5 years to make the decision to get one (or three)
    I meant DM is a knucklehead for editing my posts all goofy like that, not me the knucklehead! I am a real cool guy, as you have noted previously.

BTW DM, I looked on Urban Dictionary about that other word, and um, yeah, that isn't what I meant. Gives a little different meaning to my post.

Nonsence: That is a really tough situation. Been there and it's no fun. There's no easy answer really. I would take her up on the offer though, and just be very easy breezy. She clearly likes to be around you, so spend some time with her. Be a good friend for the time being, and see what happens. Take note of how she acts on the dinner date thingy. Watch for additional signs and cues that she maybe is interested in more, but don't be pushy or seem needy or clingy. In my opinion it's better to have her as a friend than not have her around at all. But on the other hand, if you really care about each other, you should be able to be honest and open and move on with the friendship either way.

I have a female friend I have been close with for years. She is one of my most trusted companions now. For a bit, we were very close, but she decided at one point that she only wanted to be good friends, and not move further with the relationship. I was pretty crushed as I was somewhat in love with her I suppose, but we stayed buddies through all that. It took a while to heal, but I did. I am no longer IN love with her, but I still love her deeply, and I tell her so. She is one of my best friends, and even though I we are not 'together', I can't imagine not having her in my life. And I will kill any man that hurts her. Ok, maybe not, but I'll be really crazy nasty mad if they do, and maybe hurt them a little bit. I don't know if that story is of any help at all, but I guess the point is that some of the best relationships come from great friendships. So work on being great friends and gently work toward something more. If it seems right, express your feelings to her. Maybe she feels the same way, even though you don't feel you are in the same league as her. And even if she doesn't, a good solid friendship will whether that storm and you can still be close.

And if all else fails, give her one of these You'll figure out real quick what she wants, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    now im curious what was the word that is deleted.. hahah..

and nbp.. i bet the guy who told the original story of going to elevator without an flashlight didnt see the original thread spiraling out of control into sandwiches and food.. one is none but butter is better! (i wish that thread could be revived.. it has so many good recipes)

and i think its wrong you to label this thread to be about sandwiches.. it seems to go off the track all the time (like it should) to other food related items like chokolate and storks and icecream and penguins.

wonder what penguin tastes like? dodo bird couldnt fly either but it was eaten to extinction.. but its said that they were too dumb to learn and fear.. penguins likely are smarter. or are they just surviving because they mostly live where there are hardly any people to eat and hunt them for fun. or are they all like Skipper, Private, Kovalski and Rico.. "just smile and wave boys. smile and wave."

---
    today i had only spaghetti and bolognese sauce again (leftovers from yesterday). and didnt even make the bread root.. will do that on weekend then maybe.

tomorrow i will do some chicken fillets/breasts and fry them abit then cover them with cream and add some spices and paprika slices and tomato slices and put them into oven to simmer for a while. then cook some rice to go with them.

as a side note about food related stuff.. i think i might of been almost asked out today.. she called me and said she wanted to go to have dinner or something together next week when we both have a day off.. i want to do something fun with you she said. not sure though if its just meant to be a "friends getting together" or something more. this is only because i keep getting mixed messages every time i am with her.. so im not sure where we are and where we are going to. problem is that she is too fun and cool to be with (even as "only friends") so i do not want to mess the friendship up by suggesting something more or doing something "wrong". this dinner invite confuses me now even more. im biguglyfatfellow, she is more of an cutiepie.. im grumpyshrek, she is huggykissy happyjoyjoy type (well atleast she seems to be that around me and making me act like that too) so the poor "calm and reserved" me, is not sure if those effections she gives just what she does for every of her friends or are they just for me. (likely not) but like said. that confuses me and makes my mind drift. truth told: way out of my league, she is.

..hmm.. seems like i needed to write it down somewhere, just to get a chance to tell myself that i am just trying to fool myself to believe into the daydream.. so, no. it got to be just a friendly get together. nothing more. no matter how much i want to see something more in it. this sucks!
    First of all, I'd like to comment on your blasphemous (damn, spell checker didn't ring any bells so I may just have spelled that one correctly...here's hoping) insinuation that chocolate, storks and penguins among other things aren't sammiches. This ONLY depends on how you prepare and package them so to speak.

Second, assuming the dodo bird got eaten to extinction is only that, an assumption. I would like to ask you sir, were you around in those days?
    Have you not seen Ice Age where I think they all died chasing a water melon down a cliff (or something). You should know sir that the movies never lie.

Now, let me address the chick issue as I'm obviously an expert and to be taken seriously.

First, I'd like to make it clear that like you bro, I'm a fat bastard (well, don't know if you're a bastard but I am) now. I actually lost around 50-60 pounds when I clocked in high on the Diabetes Richter scale and before that I was 375.
    HOWEVER, I used to be young, slim and purdy (that's pretty in proper English) and I got around if you know what I mean.

I've had the same issue/problem or whatever you want to call it and it IS a tricky one and although nbp is in Wisconsin (something I intend to hold over his head for the rest of his life...they DO have cheese though..) I DO agree with him on this one.

First let me say that there ARE chicks, even good looking chicks that like fat dudes. So, this IS doable. Of course, we don't know if she does and you've seen all the movies where the ugly dude or fat dude or whatever they make up at the time is just friends with the chick and then she realizes this and they become more.

My point is, it's doable. What you don't want to do is take a chance to ruin it and I understand this which again is why I agree with nbp (send some cheese please..). I don't remember being in love with someone under those circumstances, especially considering the last time I was really interested in someone was in my slim days but there have been chicks I liked a lot but like you, I didn't want to risk it. I'm sure I've missed out on a lot for not daring to try but I'm sure that at some point, I've saved myself a little embarrassment by not going for it.

Yeah, I think our cheesehead brother is right and just hang out and chill till you one day happen to sit close to each other in a movie theater and things just happen.
    Dude, you never know.

One thing I'm pretty sure of after all these years is that women don't like needy or clingy guys. Unfortunately many women seem to like men treating them like $hit which I don't understand but it seems to be true in many cases..go figure.

In any case, never beg n' all that stuff bro.

Here's one thing to consider. IF you ever get to that point that you feel you can't stand it. Ie, you HAVE to be with her as a girl friend or not at all, then you might as well go for it and see what happens. You think she's out of your league. I don't think it's such a thing. Out of your league is an expression and I don't think, really true. Now, she MAY like the way you look and she may not but out of your league? Nah, no such thing. From what I have learned here in the US from talking to chicks is that there ARE apparently women out there that don't much care about looks. I know good looking chicks that tell me they've had fat boyfriends so apparently, there IS such an animal

I must admit that looks are important to me but then, you don't really care about dating me so that's not an issue here.

Personally, I think that if Obama and Bush can be presidents, you can do this too so hang in there and look at it this way, you'll always have us and your first love, food!

Me, I have my priorities straight, FOOD first, chicks later.

As for trying to fool yourself? Nah, not really. We all want things and there's nothing wrong with it as long as we try to understand that some things may happen and some don't.

Now, if she doesn't give in to your Shrekish charm, we (as a group) will descend on this woman like locusts (or is it locii?) and simply stay in her house and make her feed us till she takes you out and ravishes you in the middle of a meadow on one of those nights in the land of the never setting sun (in the summer) and dammit it if I don't think this came out pretty poetic!

If this doesn't help clarify things (and I seriously doubt it will) then hopefully you'll feel a little better about it and maybe you can even laugh at it. Laughter just like sammiches are good medicine by raspberry eating brother and from the bottom of my fat encased heart, I wish you the best

I meant DM is a knucklehead for editing my posts all goofy like that, not me the knucklehead! I am a real cool guy, as you have noted previously.
    Doesn't matter. I take every chance to talk junk

Enlightened

rare roast beef with fat tomato slice and horseradish

cuban; ham, turkey, swiss, pickles, mus & mayo on chibata (sp?) bread. pressed with sandwich press or a brick wrapped in foil.

bbq pulled pork w/ coleslaw

target has a sub type sandwich in their grocery dept. its got pesto and alot of meats/cheese, forgot the name but o man for being pre-made its great, archer farms makes it i think.

last but not least my personal FAVORITE i can eat it 3x a day for the rest of my life. falafel sandwich *drool on flour tortilla with hummus, let, tom, tziki -cucumber/yogurt- sauce (sp?) theyre epic when made at home

oh and torta cubano at any REAL mexican taco joint. heart attack on bread but usually cheap and all you need for the rest of the day.
    "quitting smoking is easy, i've done it a hundred times." - M. Twain

Hi Jep - nice sammich combos, I think you will fit in really well here.

Oh by the way
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

ROFL guys.

and thanks.

it seems you are thinking the same way.. because you have run into same dilemma yourselves. not sure if your accounts either really ended up on the "winning" side, as you didnt get the girl either, but here you are still kicking and staying positive. hahah. so must keep believing that everything is possible. it is unlikely, but possible.

and i thoroughly know how dicy set-up this is. i have been in it before too. way too many times. . three seriously hurting times.

and the history in my case is, after "blurting it out" the friendship has never stayed the same. there comes a wedge of some kind between us. somekind of mistrust or something pries us apart. might happen right after the "confession" or might take awhile. but it will change the dynamics of the relationship for ever. never the same. because it feels odd. for one or both of us.

that is why i do not want to take un-neccessary risks anymore, and dont want to roll the dice to see if she likes me or not. i value the friendship too much.
    i must be sure before making an definate move.. so it basically might end up a stand still status quo.. or if she is modern enough woman she will force me to choose. hahah.

i just dont have that many friends to begin with, to loose yet another one because of too hasty move.. i do try to choose people i call my real friends very carefully and it takes long time to earn my trust. i kinda have them sectioned in groups. -closest best friends, 3 of them. friends about 6. buddies or people i used to call friends 10-20people. people i know from something etc are the rest. and rising in the "ranking" takes time.. the girl here is already in the well selected and screened section of "friends". high enough to hurt me. (best friends i am ready to die and kill for like they were my family, friends get alot of help too if they need it. buddies well.. less dedication from my part.)

of the 3 disasters i have had before.. i have lost more friends than just those 3.. i lost also few of her friends that had become good friends of mine too, but they just had to choose sides. just like in real relationship breakup, friends of friends suffer too.

my story seems to be that i either fall for people that are:
    taken (and all too often by a friend of mine.. and that sucks too.)
    or that only really seem to want to be only friends.

----along with the few relationships that actually worked and lasted awhile.. before ending because a reason or another.. ---

and yeah. i keep cool. always. i try to chill. i stay aloof. i really dont do needy that well at all. i have no need to. hahah.
    that said: clingy i might accidentally be. i dont want to end/stop the good time im having, by going home just because its late. hahahah.

and i am used to be single. and most of the times i like it. (dont have to explain my doings goings and buyings to anyone.. dont have to call if im running late or get sidetracked. my own master so to speak. relationship demands alot of attention to the other person and her feelings and wishes and needs.)

i will try to be chilicool and at ease if we end up going somewhere.. because more i think of it i belive its 90% likely just friends meeting each other, the rest 10% i leave for the dreams.
    ------------------------------
    ..tooday.. the creamy chicken mushroom paprika/pimento thingy was success once again.. forgot to cook rice. so i had to make a sandwich out of it with home made ciabatta style bread! -how proud are you guys now huh?! hahahah.

hahah.. blashemy ..yea i keep my chokolates out of my sandwiches. they are vital food group but not meant to go into sammies. so yeah. i stand my ground on this one. (ok storks and such meat containing vessels might be processed into sandwich filling material.. but icecream wont) hahah.

agree on the movies.. they dont lie.. the animations especially definately tell the truth as we know it.

but side note about them movies and shrek in particular.. i liked them, but it annoyed the hell out of me that shrek fell in love with the pretty princess.. no matter what she looked like, she was his dream girl as is! but somehow he still ended up with ogregirl in the end. it is not the one he fell in love is it? no. inside it is, but that is not everything, its not all inner beauty.. and i think he got fooled on that deal. as i repeat. it doesnt look like the girl he fell for. i would of been MUCH happyer with the odd looking couple living happily ever after than that annoying cheezy stunt they pulled.

hmm.. one other thing came to my mind. ever heard and wondered of the saying "a picture lies more than 1000 words".. what do they think of moving pictures.. we only CAN see something like 24 pictures a second.. but movies last several seconds.. hmm.. lies lies lies i tell you.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Dude, believe in yourself. I cooked myself into Clare's heart and we have been together for over 10 years. I never believed there was that one person for me, but just when I gave up I met her. Don't try so hard and be yourself. If you is what she finds attractive, just be you - if it's not be a good friend to her and hit on her friends!
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Don't try so hard and be yourself. If you is what she finds attractive, just be you - if it's not be a good friend to her and hit on her friends!

Well said, brother! That's good advice right there.

Well said, brother! That's good advice right there.
    Ask anyone who has met Clare and me, you will find that I have punched well above my (considerable) weight. There are plenty of CPFers who have met us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin

Ask anyone who has met Clare and me, you will find that I have punched well above my (considerable) weight. There are plenty of CPFers who have met us both.
    With a name like meganoggin and words like considerable weight I now have you looking like a bobble head. Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    With a name like meganoggin and words like considerable weight I now have you looking like a bobble head. Comedy gold.
    Aww, I was trying to be supportive and nice. Post a picture of yourself so we can worship / ridicule you! Only kidding.

Flashaholic*

rofl. you two.

really tries hard to remove the bobble head image out of the assosiation with name meganoggin.. nver made the connection before.. never thought of the name anything more than mega-something.. didnt see the noggin/head in it. hahahh. now im stuck with the image.a aarrhhg.. and thanks for the hilarious laughter at 3 am here.

yeah..beeing oneself is my way. i dont change my personality or way how i look at things for anyone anymore. i am what i am. what you see is what you get. (i am complicated so you get plenty but thats besides the point..) basic foundations of "me" are set.

about that hitting her friends.. wonder how many have "settled" for the friend after the primary target wasnt interested.. i know several of those. but luckily only couple of them in deepest darkest moments before passing out of too much drinking confess that the primary is still "the one that got away".

and.. about the fact.. why the companions my friends have are also sooo good in my eyes and soul? even if me and my friend/buddy are really far apart in so many ways. i see her as wrong for him.

and sometimes they see it also themselves.. and break up. but then its often too late for me, as one of my unwritten rules of conduct is:
    "do not date your friends ex. especially if you were her friend too before they broke up. he likely will get mad. so will your other friends whom see you as vulture. worse scenario, you loose both of them and maybe even others of your friends. they choose sides in conflict. suddenly she needs to choose between group of friends or just you. and new relationship is not worth the sacrifice of whole friendship-ring she gathered while beeing with him. so you loose or must forfeit"

this goes along with "do not date your own ex. there is a reason why you broke up. remember it fool! dont date your exs friends either. they know your dirty secrets already, women gossip. or if they dont yet, the ex will likely tell it to her soon. and lie about them if the break up wasnt nice. and if you do try, the get togethers amongst them friends will always, always feel really akward. and ofcourse.. the new one is once again facing the chance of loosin all her friends because she "stole other ones guy".. hows that for beeing a good mr nice guy, you dumbass."
    ´
    i know i have lost many chances during years because of these lame rules. because, fact is that if they are friends you might like her too.. even more than the one you dated before. but the risks for loosing friends is so great that it hardly ever pays off.. if both are 100% certain that they will make it and are right for each other and do not care what others do and say. -that just is rare.

Enlightened

sandwich break
    "quitting smoking is easy, i've done it a hundred times." - M. Twain

Nonsense, that's the spirit bro.

I honestly can’t tell you how MY things went ‘cause it’s been too many years, but, I know that I was never in love with them. Luckily for me, I wasn’t much the falling in love kind.

As for the blurting it out, well, that’s the problem. You want to, you want to take a chance and it goes wrong. UNFORTUNATELY, real life is not often like in the movies…dammit, now I have to wonder if maybe they aren’t always telling the truth…this is going to crush me.

One thing I thought about yesterday was, if you’re a fat dude like I am and I’m going to guess you’re younger than I am, wouldn’t losing it be a good option? I mean, the obvious reason is health and many other things but then, there is the other reason, chicks…

As for her not taking that last step with you, I agree with brother Noggin, hang out with her and tear up all her friends instead

I did with this chick once. We were great friends (and she was VERY pretty) but for some reason we only stayed friends which was in my case, ok but yes, I worked her circle of friends

Oh, I have a friend of mine here in the US, he can’t handle being single and subsequently he also has lots of women problem. Always complaining about women BUT, chasing them all the time. His THIRD wife just divorced and cleaned him out and he’s STILL looking for new women. Oh well…

Damn, that chicken mushroom thing sounds good and you see, you can pimp anything into a sammich

I also agree with the Shrek thing. That’s NOT the chick I wanted! I would have told the producers that but, they have to keep it cutsie n’ nice for everyone.

As for the dating friends of friends thing. The big difference between you and I my raspberry eating brother that I was never much into relationships longer than one or two days so things were easier for me, I’ll have to admit to that. Again, not the dating/falling in love kind. I did however have a roommate that would literally fall in love with everything with a skirt that entered the apartment. Needless to say, since I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, he screwed me up too ‘cause I felt I had to leave them alone.
    =================================
    Jep, welcome to our little gang
    ======================
    Noggin and Acid, I will show you a pic of myself the way I look these days but it’ll be another place and another time and I assure you, it ain’t pretty

I never even reacted on the name meganoggin. Every time I looked at it though, I always thought of egg nog, (one or two n’s in nogg?) but then, that’s the pig side of me talking.

Cool brother noggin, hey, I see you had to remove the video clip due to lack of space. Do you want me to put it on one of my sites and give you the link? I don't have many limitations on my sites that I know.

Don't worry George, it's only a bit of fun from my childhood.

Back on topic, I just had a cheese and salami sandwich on white fresh bread - it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin

Back on topic, I just had a cheese and salami sandwich on white fresh bread - it was good.
    Sorry noggin wasn't being nasty of course. Just had some chicken fajitas... I also have leftover chicken which will be going onto a sandwich in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    So, what? You're all grown up now?

Alright, it's 9-11, yall hidin' or what??

Correction, it WAS 9-11, 12 minutes ago..

Still 9/11 here.

Just had toasted pita bread with hummus and harissa dip (store bought) for lunch. The harissa was very spicy, but the hummus was extremely salty - just drunk nearly a litre of water and still thirsty.

Flashaholic*

confession: i have not eaten an sandwich in almost two days. yes, not one bread thingy. im feeling little weird. like something is missing. not feeling "must get a fix" but i bet tomorrow morning i will! now.. just little odd.. or something is off or amiss.. hmm.. was confused why so.. then realised didnt eat one today.. then realised i didnt eat one yesterday either.. no bread in my system i feel odd.. well odder than normally.

but dont worry my mates.. i am ok. i am not hungry. i have been fed. and i will eat bread soon again.

I had a lovely ham and cheese ROLL today! No bread the last had been used before I woke for work today. The roll was lovely though as I had been working all day outside in the rain so any food with a cup of tea was awesome!