Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Just been home to put the slow cooker on. All being well, when I get home at 7pm there should be a nice chilli waiting for me.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

sounds neat..

im just doing some pizza. odd toppings to you guys but i like it hahah. pizza/bread base+ mix of heinz ketchup and tomatopure. + minced meat+ champion mushroom sliced+ pickled cucumber slices+ pineapple slices +fresh tomato slices + cheese + sundried tomato slices+ chicken file chopped up into small chunks.. and little more cheese.. then into oven and let the cheese melt and then devour.

i think that beeping sound in kitchen is my cue. gotta go do the devouring part..
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Dunno nonsense, sounds ok to me. Lots of tomatoe stuff but still.

Noggin, that sounds good. I just bought a pressure cooker 'cause since I dont' work, I'm home all day and I couldn't handle smelling that food for 8 hours or so, so I went the other way. Have yet to try it

I'll keep yall posted though

Got some bets going on facebook whether I'll git'er done or if I'll blow it to smithereens. No one seems to wanna bet on the stew coming on

Mmmm stew bomb! Sounds dangerously delicious George.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Can yall see me now, licking the walls...

Yes George I think I can.

Just tried the slow cooker chilli, very good indeed! The beef almost disintegrates in the mouth. Yum.

After all that time, it should. My wife or the one I traded for a camel (lovely camel by the way) used to make roasts in a crock pot. Great stuff and I love pots and stews and stuff. Only gets better when it sits and you CAN heat it up in the micro without messing it up. Can't say the same for other stuff

I'll report as soon as i get my a$$ in gear and tried mine. If you don't hear from me for awhile, you know why..

I take it from his silence that George has blown himself up with that pressure cooker stew bomb...

Shame - I'll miss him.

I'll make sure to come to the funeral....and by the way, your timing is perfect, I just turned this thing on for the first time.

Procrastinated the first time and the meat was getting old so I fried and ate it and split it with my dogs of course.

Now, I was ready to cook and couldn't find the F^&$#@ manual but after 15 mins online or so, I found it.

So, I just cut my stuff up, tossed it in and it's set so in a little less than an hour, we should have the results...stand by..

Alright Noggin and friends...updated damage report...I DID IT! I'm still alive and I have a fresh stew with very tender meat ready. Total time with cooking, cutting n' stuff, an hour or so

Sure, it needs more salt but that's just a matter of learning the thing. Too much liquid and again, just a matter of learning. This is more like a very meaty soup. Still good though.
    In the future I might make some rice and pour the stew over it. I DO like lots of sauce and gravy.

Man, this is slicker than dog $hit!

The goal is to make stuff with more veggies than anything and where the meat gives the whole thing flavor so that I eat much more veggies.

Also, now that my diabetes is under control, I'm sad to say that I've gained back 20 pounds

Mind you, all the weight loss was not ALL good as my boobs started sagging but I'd rather have hangy boobs and less weight. So, back to the drawing board on this one.

Any suggestions for veggies that don't overcook easily that are NOT hugely expensive here in the US? I would like lots of peppers but they're damn expensive.

Onions aren't bad and taters are cheap but I'm not supposed to each too much taters.

I love mushrooms but again, expensive stuff.

Oh, I was right about not getting a SLOW cooker. I could never have lasted 8 hours with this damn garlic smell all over the house. Right now, I'm smelling this $hit and my mouth is watering

Flashaholic*

carrots? -and yeah.. the horrible time waiting it to be done.. i know the feeling.. it smells allright hours before it is supposed to be eaten
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

I forgot about the carrots. I actually had some baby carrots but I ate them the other day

Parsnips, sweet potato, turnip and swede are all cheapish and perfect for casseroles and stews.

Just finished cooking a sausage casserole, I may have overdone the herbs....

I had to use up some of the sausages as I am working at a show this weekend and there are lots of sausage makers in the food halls. I will buy loads and freeze them for over the winter.

Good thinkin' on the sausages. Can you give me a little more on the parsnips, turnip and swede and what they taste like and how they do in the pressure cooker please.

They are all pretty bland and quite dense so they won't turn to mush and retain a bit of 'bite' if you know what I mean? They are great fillers and of course they are good for you too. Don't forget to put some of the pricier veggies in there too, you need a balance of nutrients, especially if you are trying to loose weight.

Do they have any taste?

Got some maters, cabbage, broccoli and peas and of course, carrots and also some beef buillons and onions. Had taters and meat already.

Need some dark beer for the juice

Yeah they have flavour, but not strong and not stinky like cabbage can be!

If you have a garden you should have a go at growing some veggies yourself. Seeds are cheap and things like lettuce, kale and pak choi are quick to grow. Let me have your address and I'll send you some seeds.

When's the growing season? I am planning on doing this for next year.
    Tomatoes, cucumbers and red peppers for starters. Do you any of the long and juicy cucumbers? Not like the short, dry ones they have here and in Spain

Skip the Kale by the way, not much into that.

Thanks a lot

George

A pleasure, Sir. They will be in the post Monday.

Flashaholic*

Hmm... this somehow evolved into a stew/crock pot thread!

Just made a new tuna fish sandwich. Mixed Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil and Sriracha. BAM! Serve with a big glass of orange juice and you're set.

Probably wouldn't hurt to make a grilled cheese variant. Instead of Sriracha add peperoncini inside the sandwich...
    Last edited by dudemar; 09-23-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Try tuna mixed with Mayo and some wasabi, bam indeed!

Autumn is coming, that's why we are blabbing on about slow cookers and stews, I've just lit my wood burner, blimey.

BTW anyone got hit by a satellite yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    A pleasure, Sir. They will be in the post Monday.
    Thank you kindly you wise one..

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    BTW anyone got hit by a satellite yet?
    Why? Were we supposed to?

Flashaholic*

keine kleiner satellite hier.. no small satellites here.. (was doing utube memorylane trips.. you know listening to old music that has a way taking me back in time and space.. and this old beat hit a nerve.. hahah.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6pU56DyuBE)

and we shouldnt be in danger line for this falling satellite.. but i do have an old 60s swedish metal army helmet near by. just in case.. hahah (why swedish.. well it was for sale for cheap.. and every guy needs an armyhelmet! hahah)

today: i have been going thru the giddy emotions.. thinking like garfield the cat.. "today just cant be monday, as mondays are horrible.. and here i have some lasagne! so it must be weekend!"

so lasagne, lasagne and.. what? yes i will have 3rd servings of that same stuff thank you.. and no.. i dont think i can walk away under my own power after that heavy eating.. so i will be lieing here on the floor for a while.. and am happy bout it.

lasagne.. another autumn/winter food in my household..

was supposed to do the "mexican"food thing. but my back has been too achy to let me go get the ingredients from store so i had to do something of what i had in shelves..

my back: sciatic nerve thing i believe.. killing my left leg.. the back itself is not horribly painful.. but the leg.. man it aches.. has been aching whole week. hopefully it will get better soon.. so i dont have to take more days off work because of it. could use the money.

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Why? Were we supposed to?
    Your NASA managed to loose a massive satellite, they couldn't manage to tell anyone where it was going to land. But they did compute that it wouldn't land on the USA. That's why me and nonsense are sitting in our crash helmets, actually I'm wearing a saucepan.

Flashaholic*

noggin.. saucepan eh? is that because it was the one that fit the best? or that it has the most scraps to gnaw from in case you get hungry while waitin?

-come to think of it.. i might need an breastplate.. maybe i get the pan i made lasagne with.. its got some stuff to scrape off if one gets hungry while waiting.

You two are just silly.

First, Nasa always makes high dollar $hit and never lets anyone make anything for their stuff unless it's the highest bidder. Challenger was a lie. I think it just tripped over a bird or something and Skylab was some kind of commie progaganda.
    I sure as hell didn't see anything.
    Second, Obama would never let that happen anyway. He's got his crap together including the printing, spending, other finances and so on and..
    Third, we don't do helmets or sauce pans, they're for pu**ies! We go to our local Wal-Mart and pick out a nice, fat cow (preferably in a sexy thong like this one further down the page http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/page/4)
    and then we crawl up under her. If she's pregnant, then she will also provide milk for weeks and if not, you just start chewing on the excess fat which if you pick out the right one should be more than sufficient for a year worth of hide out or more.

Pick the right one and she may even provide you with semi enjoyable conversation and some local stories about how her cousin done got her 8th kid's teeth fixed 'cause mama said she had to and she couldn't afford that 4 wheeler anyway.

Yep, you ain't got $hit on us...now bring that thing on! I ain't skeered..

Well, I didn't get a free satellite courtesy of NASA. But I have spent the day at the show, finding excuses to walk through the food displays and munching and drinking the free samples.

Flashaholic*

weird how after the 3rd or 4th pass they try to insist you must buy something from them using the old "as you seem to like it" excuse..