BlackShadow
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Flashaholic*

Sigh Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    You are really a good husband March!

I do disagree with you on the Twix and I'm with the Fin on this one. I like Twix too. Ok, so I'm a little girlish (it's that girly figure of mine) but what's done is done. Talk to my parents about it..
    There is no law against it nowadays in the UK ... At my age , I can remember the good old days ... In Thailand it almost seems normal nowadays too ... So , I'm going to emigrate to Australia before it becomes compulsory in Britain ... Australians seem to be more normal (more or less) ... I would risk it with the ex-cons rather than change my lifestyle and eating habits ...

Just had some of the Lidls (71%) dark chocolate to calm me down after watching the Rugby (Wales and France) ... The Welsh Captain was sent off (Red Card) for an offence that should only have been a verbal telling off or at most a penalty to France ... So we played virtually all the game (about 70 minutes of it) with one man (our Captain) missing ... France won by one point ...
    The score was 8 - 9 ...

Just opened another chocolate bar ; 70% this time 'cos I've run out of the 71%.

The Sunday papers will all be on our side and the referee will be accused of making illegal bets or something equally sinister ... Rugby isn't a sport for girlies and you tend to expect some contact with the enemy ... A RED card is ridiculous.

I have to go now to blow my nose and wipe my eyes (not in that order though) , then I will walk down to Lidls to re-stock with chocolate ... I will eat some on the way home up the hill and just hope that nobody wants to talk to me ... I'm not really in the mood for idle gossip after the result of that game ...
    Rugby is not a Game in Wales , it's a way of life.

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

the rugby. that is manly mans game indeed. it just hurts to watch them go at it.

and it made the sports news here too.. and we do not do rugby. but it just was bug enough wrong call to get a notice from our reporters too. (watched the clip.. and yeah.. maybe a warning but definately not a red) too bad they came up short.. just by one point. good effort still.

rugby.. reminded me of this:
    i almost was able to manage to convince my friends once that we should make an rugby team and compete for the national title here! unofficial league it was back then.. just buddy groups playing for fun, i think there were 4 "teams" then.. and just by coming over with an "team" one would be a contender. hahah.

especially with my friends backgrounds in sports (wrestlers, judokas, american footballers, icehockey) we could of been atleast fun show.. even if we didnt know anything of the sport.. the local irish pub owner (from somewhere in ireland btw) offered up to be a sponsor of the team and coach too if neccessary.. said that each goal we score whole team gets a beer afterwards.. what an great way to motivate finns in their 20s! beer for goals.. sadly my friends sobered up before i got their signatures on the paper.

but knowing my friends.. and past history with the soccer matches (pubs sponsored a "league" of their own.. each pub had a team of their clientel and friends) and one pub offered his team this same carrot.. 1 goal= 1 beer. so my friends ended up bribing the other team to play along too.. (every three goals they allow = my friends would buy them 1 beer..) the sponsors started to imagine there is something going on when the score was 22-8 by half time. (normal scoring beein 4-3) if i recall right the final score was something in 50s-20s (the officials didnt bother to count anymore.) and in the end the "official" score to the "official lists" was 5-2. and the sponsor declined to give his team members more than 24 beers for the victory.. and voided the deal in further matches and seasons. (yes.. he still sponsors them.. now only league victory means free tap/tab in pub for a weekend.)

-------
    ROFL on that chili contest.. poor sob frank. he should marry sally tho she sounds like a keeper!

--------
    agree on the box of mars bars.. done that few times aswell.. and hiding in "plain sight" works wonders.. as in "but honey, it has always been there, you just havent noticed it" (works on flashlights too if there is already few of them.. "i have had this loooong time already" )

--------
    no taco day this week either.. didnt find the tortilla thingys i like..
    --------
    no maccicheese either.. no one here gives me recipes..
    ---------
    living on take out food this weekend.. hamburgers, pizza or kebab/gyros then..
    Last edited by NonSenCe; 10-15-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    hiding in "plain sight" works wonders.. as in "but honey, it has always been there, you just havent noticed it".
    Does not work in my house with chocolates and sweets ... "Eagle-eyes" can spot a bar of my choc at 100 paces or more ... Does work with torches though ... She is used to seeing several on my desk , in cupboards and on the bedside table ... Extra ones are not noticed as long as the colour isn't different ...

Strangely enough it also seems to work with all her shoes and handbags and clothes ... I don't know what she owns or when she bought them ... I don't actually mind as she always looks fab at any time of the day ... As long as the larder , fridge and freezer are kept well stocked then I'm OK with it.

I have decided that for Christmas , I will get my Wife something that she really needs ... I'm going to get her nothing.

Flashaholic*

nothing..hmm.. we will be thinking about sending you some "get well soon" cards to the hospital. and chutney. as that is likely the only consistency of food you might be able to eat with the straw as she broke your jaw in process of beating you up when she realised that you forgot to get her any presents and dont appreaciate her enough to get some anyway even when she said "dont need anything". i hope you come to your senses b4 its too late. hjahahah

if not a present.. get her money in a wad.. or one of those gift certificates to the stores she carries them shoes from. that should be enough to avoid the beatdown.

----
    go all blacks! -they are cool.

----
    went to mcdonalds last night. huge disappointment once again. there is a reason why i only go there once a year. got me double quaterpounder meal.. mcd is just not for me. dont like the taste that much, others are better. and no matter how much they say it weighs.. i dont get hungry after eating other hamburger joints burgers as fast i do after mcd food. (2 hours later i feel hunger after mcd. that is just wrong)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

nothing..hmm.. we will be thinking about sending you some "get well soon" cards to the hospital. and chutney
    Ok, if you're gonna send some chutney, why the hell send it to March? He KNOWS what it tastes like. I HOWEVER DO NOT!

Flashaholic*

if not a present.. get her money in a wad.. or one of those gift certificates to the stores she carries them shoes from. that should be enough to avoid the beatdown.
    Where can I get a wad of money at discount prices ? ... I don't do "full price" for anything if there is an alternative.

If my Wife chases me , I only have to run downhill to get away from her ... It is impossible for a woman in 4" high heels and a tight skirt to run downhill on stoney ground ... We live on a steep hill , so there's no problem unless she rings-up Big Pat to catch me on the way down ... Nobody wants to be caught by Big Pat (Patricia) ... We all think that she used to be a wrestler or a bodyguard , but nobody dares to ask her ... She lives on her own (understandably) so we all cross over the road before we get to her house in case she asks us in for a coffee ... Frightening thought.

Flashaholic*

cash for discount prices.. hmm.. dont know. the ones i tried to make myself with my printer 15 years ago didnt pass the mustard.. so i cant help. i tried all i could think of. haha.

that said.. i do carry 100 trillion dollars in my wallet every day.. too bad they are from zimbabwe.. but i am a trillionaire anyways if someone asks.

americans have it easy. they got 1 dollar bills that look like all other bills from distance and are same fysical size as others.. wrap 50 of them with single 20$ and people getting the wad will be extremely happy until they unwrap it.. they will be.. or should be happy with the 70 total anyways even if it is an dissappointment after thinking they are getting some big dollars! haha.

and i get it if you choose to go across a street of scary person.. especially a of a woman kind. they might decide to to keep you. hah.

and.. i do think they highheel ones are just pretending to be more helpless than they really are.. luring unsuspecting ones closer before ferocious and quick attack.

happy that you do have an escape plan though.. smart thinking ahead.. hope you got your BOB and SERE equipment ready.. who knows where you need to bail out to and for how long. rath of woman scorned and all that.

----
    i dont know what that chutney tastes either..
    ----

didnt have a sandwich for breakfast today.. well.. actually i did.. a warm sandwich that was left over from yesterday and fridge cold now.. as pizza is actually just an warm bread. home made version again.. (minced meat, cheese, cherry tomatoes, pickles, canned peach, couple meatballs, blackpepper ketchup as base)

personal take: anything italian is good, because they can be eaten as cold too. any food that tastes good even as leftovers and not warmed up. is simply good tastin food!

went to mcdonalds last night. huge disappointment once again. there is a reason why i only go there once a year. got me double quaterpounder meal.. mcd is just not for me. dont like the taste that much, others are better. and no matter how much they say it weighs.. i dont get hungry after eating other hamburger joints burgers as fast i do after mcd food. (2 hours later i feel hunger after mcd. that is just wrong)
    Yeah, the only thing I eat there are their pies and the other day I tried a mac rib. Pretty nice if you get one fresh.

cash for discount prices.. hmm.. dont know. the ones i tried to make myself with my printer 15 years ago didnt pass the mustard.. so i cant help. i tried all i could think of. haha.

that said.. i do carry 100 trillion dollars in my wallet every day.. too bad they are from zimbabwe.. but i am a trillionaire anyways if someone asks.

americans have it easy. they got 1 dollar bills that look like all other bills from distance and are same fysical size as others.. wrap 50 of them with single 20$ and people getting the wad will be extremely happy until they unwrap it.. they will be.. or should be happy with the 70 total anyways even if it is an dissappointment after thinking they are getting some big dollars! haha.

and i get it if you choose to go across a street of scary person.. especially a of a woman kind. they might decide to to keep you. hah.

and.. i do think they highheel ones are just pretending to be more helpless than they really are.. luring unsuspecting ones closer before ferocious and quick attack.

happy that you do have an escape plan though.. smart thinking ahead.. hope you got your BOB and SERE equipment ready.. who knows where you need to bail out to and for how long. rath of woman scorned and all that.

----
    i dont know what that chutney tastes either..
    ----

didnt have a sandwich for breakfast today.. well.. actually i did.. a warm sandwich that was left over from yesterday and fridge cold now.. as pizza is actually just an warm bread. home made version again.. (minced meat, cheese, cherry tomatoes, pickles, canned peach, couple meatballs, blackpepper ketchup as base)

personal take: anything italian is good, because they can be eaten as cold too. any food that tastes good even as leftovers and not warmed up. is simply good tastin food!
    Well, first, before I forget, I am going to make something with my pressure pot before the meat gets too old. Was gonna put a bunch of green onions, onions, potatoes and maybe something else. Love onions.

Second, I was going to have me a BOB/backpack in the truck and I've got most of the stuff that goes in there but haven't done it yet.

Third! This is so cool. I know a trillionaire!

As for the high heels. I've seen a chick outside a disco in sweden, having a fight with her boyfriend and he was on the ground, trying to cover his face while she was stomping him IN THE FACE with stiletto heels.
    Maybe at some point, hitting a woman CAN be justified?

As for March's escape route, if he were built anything like me, he could just roll downhill and she'd never be able to catch up with me

Flashaholic*

Help Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

As for March's escape route, if he were built anything like me, he could just roll downhill and she'd never be able to catch up with me
    That would be right into the arms of "Big Pat" who lives down the hill ... I'm not ready to die (or worse) just yet.

Flashaholic*

bouncing off the wall will wake big-pat.. and the momentum /rebound is not enough to give you enough head start in other direction to avoid her?

hmm.. that might bounce you too much towards the original threat thou.. you need to control the rolling somehow. thats all.

...and guiri.. the downhill will end at one point.. and as one slows down, one is dazed and confused for a while.. and then when one gets his bearings the reality strikes.. its uphill from now on.. or just flat surface where one cant hide. and on these surfaces the lightweight ones that have slightly better fitness and they are not drawn in and slowed down by silly things like food vendors etc every few blocks.. they will catch the round guy.
    -----
    my strategy: im too lazy and unfit to run. so i stand my ground. if i must run, i wont go far. first sign of wheezing means its time to stop to conserve energy to fight back. hah.

and when i am the chaser.. i always have used this as my slogan: you run, i follow, you will choose direction where we are going, i choose the pace and speed how fast we are going there. (end results: either i calm down or get too tired to continue or i catch them)

---------------

i got my Bail Out Bag and Get Home Setups prety much planned and almost in use, but not made complete. i have bits here and bits there. i got lot of stuff people have in their BOBs scattered around my car.. (its kinda my bail out vehicle, things there help me get out of troubles on the road and away from home) i got most of that stuff ready.. at home, i know where the things are that i need in quick escape. so i can pack quickly the needed stuff.. i just am not organized enough to have them set in one bag and one location and KEEP them there. i always say this.. but one day, i will get organized. hah.

-------
    food related stuff, home made sweetbuns topped with homemade applejam and pint of milk..

Flashaholic*

one is dazed and confused for a while.. and then when one gets his bearings the reality strikes..
    I am not worried about "the reality strikes".

I am worried about "Big Pat" ... I am unable to put a photograph of her on here in case she sees it ; or perhaps a local tell-tale will bring it to her attention.

One of our neighbours was going to complain to her about the wrestling mats being laid out to dry on her drive after being washed and he asked me what precautions he should take ... I told him to write his name and address on the soles of his feet (in ballpoint pen) just in case ... In the end he didn't go , as he thought after all that the maroon coloured mats were quite a nice colour.

For a while , we all thought that the mats were there to reduce any damage to personnel who were unwelcome visitors (when they were evicted) ... Either the unwelcome visitors didn't come or the mats were taken in when they were dry ... We think it was the latter as she doesn't get many visitors of any description ... Even our dog pulls me across the road before we get to her house ... There again , everyone elses dogs seem to do the same ... It must be their sixth sense.

Flashaholic*

hahah. i see. ok then.

and dogs are smart enough to avoid some dangers.. and dumb on others.

and then again.. they do learn that "this is the location we always go across the street and the owner tenses up and grips the leash tighter every time when we go past that damn house, it must be evil. owner knows it for sure. he is my boss and leader. if my fearless leader one shivers, i should do too. "grr" at the evil house i say too. now where is my treats.. ooh a bird across the street.. hmm i know i know this smell its its that poodleminx.. she is sooo fine.. huh what was i doing ..oh right grr at the house and its owner.. soon we are back home and i get my treats.. maybe i should mark that tree like everyone else has done..ooh cat.. bark! man its difficult to pee and bark at the same time.."

----
    got side tracked for a while.. what did i mean to write here. hmm.. maybe it will come back to me some day later.. meanwhile. i just play with my newest flashlights.. shiningbeam is fast shipper.. all others take their time.. even if they are sent the same friggin day they might take a week longer to arrive. his arrive in less than week normally. weird. he has to have some inside man in the postoffice

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe
    and dogs are smart enough to avoid some dangers.. and dumb on others.

and then again.. they do learn that "this is the location we always go across the street and the owner tenses up and grips the leash tighter every time when we go past that damn house, it must be evil. owner knows it for sure. he is my boss and leader. if my fearless leader one shivers, i should do too. "grr" at the evil house i say too. now where is my treats.. ooh a bird across the street.. hmm i know i know this smell its its that poodleminx.. she is sooo fine.. huh what was i doing ..oh right grr at the house and its owner.. soon we are back home and i get my treats.. maybe i should mark that tree like everyone else has done..ooh cat.. bark! man its difficult to pee and bark at the same time.."

Best post of the thread!

I believe this is EXACTLY how dogs think! Well done sir.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp

Best post of the thread!

I believe this is EXACTLY how dogs think! Well done sir.
    Have to agree very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    That would be right into the arms of "Big Pat" who lives down the hill ... I'm not ready to die (or worse) just yet.
    Dunno about that. At my weight and depending on how long that hill is, I might just run her a$$ over...

.. hmm i know i know this smell its its that poodleminx.. she is sooo fine..
    Guys, I worry about Nonsence...I think we need to chip in and take him to a house of ill repute if yall know what I mean...

Flashaholic*

Dunno about that. At my weight and depending on how long that hill is, I might just run her a$$ over...
    "Big Pat" would have you in a figure four leglock quicker than you can say "ouch"... It wouldn't matter how corpulent (or rotund) you were , that woman (?) would do it with comparative ease ... I wouldn't risk it , even with my military training ... I just want to live a bit longer , sort of peaceful-like.

There is another way down the hill but it involves going up the hill across to the next road and then down a different hill ... As far as I know , there are no dangers involved in doing this but it's a lot longer ... I will just keep to the other side of the road and pray that she doesn't notice ... When she comes out , the sun goes in.

We may have to disguise you as a man March, she's prolly not interested in those...

Flashaholic*

We may have to disguise you as a man March, she's prolly not interested in those...
    Just don't tell my Wife though ... She doesn't understand these things.

Flashaholic*

dont worry bout them poodles in my case. personally i hate poodles. (and dont think i ever met a girl that acts like a poodle that would of liked)

------
    futile attempt to keep something food related things in the thread..

still waiting good recipes for mac and cheese fellas!

got them tacotortillas and stuff ready for weekend..

tonight.. im thinking about spaghetti and bolonese sauce type and some parmesan cheese (got a small "freebie" taster from supermarket.. i know what it tastes.. i just went for the Free sample deal!)

now im having ryebread with meatballs and some milk.. (meatballs are awesome, some small company was there im supermarket doing some marketing and giving tasting samples.. they tasted good there (the cute girl who was showing them laughed as i came to get third meatball.. bought a pack on the second time already) gonna take the rest of the meatballs to work tomorrow.

--------

I posted you a link to a mac n cheese recipe a while back - go and check! You must have been dreaming of poodles....
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

you did? hm..... must of been ages ago. before big-pat for sure.. was it before or after your welch drinking binge? couple weeks ago? 4 pages of this thread or something like that.. hmm.. thinking back i think i saw one actually, it was the jamie oliver version right? hmm.. will googbl it.. its faster than browsing thru this thread! hahahh.

poodles in my dreams would be nightmares. gladly havent had a bad nightmare in a long while. odd and werid and peculiar dreams do occur.. but not one of those scary ones where i gotta wake up in panic fight fight run mode, turn on the lights, arm myself with something to make sure i dont see anything in my bedroom, and then after i realise it might of been a dream, i still go check the perimeter and calm down till the cold sweat dries up and pulse slows down. and then still wait a while before closing ones eyes. and sleeping rest of the night with the baseball bat (the more dnagerous and sharp ones must be put little further away so if i do see the dream again i wont go ballistic áccidentally in the dazed and confused moments on waking up of the bad dream.

haa.. now i know why i kinda skipped the recipe.. it said VEGETARIAN RECIPE on it! thats why! hahah. pure bred beefeater here. and yes.. i think i remember that mac and cheese has mac and cheese and no meat so it kinda belongs into vege dishes.. but the cathegory alone gives me shivers normally. i am normally like: "yeah.. that sounds good, if one adds some meat in it" hahah

talked to a vegan once.. (the kind that do not eat anything of animal kingdom.. no eggs nor milk. just frigging plants) she said the first few years were kinda difficult.. (YEARS! aargh i said.. i get few weeks or months but years!) then it eased up.. and now she eats all kinds of pill supplements because she lost too much weight and felt sick.. yeah.. there is friggin reason why people should eat some meat and some other animal products.. its healthy to your body to eat versatile. and yes.. she looks like all other green vegan food eaters.. like they are sick or something or really skinny... never seen an long time vegan that looks a bit chubby and healthy. they all look like 2 weeks away of starvation death.

Cheap cheese always seems to give me weird dreams, especially if rated just before bedtime.

Cheap takeaway pizzas seem to be particularly psychedelic.....
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Hey the link in my original post is messed up! It goes to a thread from June of this year about a 3P! How'd that happen?? Anyone remember what the thread was that started this sandwich business? Some English fella went to get more butter for his sandwich and lost something in the car and needed a light and didn't have one. I gotta find that thread.

Remember when we actually talked about sandwiches?

Haha, found it. Mcnair55's thread "I am the forum idiot!"

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    Just don't tell my Wife though ... She doesn't understand these things.
    I would never do that...

poodles in my dreams would be nightmares. gladly havent had a bad nightmare in a long while. odd and werid and peculiar dreams do occur.. but not one of those scary ones where i gotta wake up in panic fight fight run mode, turn on the lights, arm myself with something to make sure i dont see anything in my bedroom, and then after i realise it might of been a dream, i still go check the perimeter and calm down till the cold sweat dries up and pulse slows down. and then still wait a while before closing ones eyes. and sleeping rest of the night with the baseball bat (the more dnagerous and sharp ones must be put little further away so if i do see the dream again i wont go ballistic áccidentally in the dazed and confused moments on waking up of the bad dream.
    I really AM worried about you bro...are these dreams...ehem, "normal" ?

Oh, and I know a vegan. This chick is hot AND she's not skinny

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Remember when we actually talked about sandwiches?
    We ARE talking about sandwiches. Anything food related could either be a sandwich or eaten with a sandwich. I thought we already established that...

A good sandwich, a poodle does not make.

And I thought you liked dogs, George.

I fixed my linky too. Yay!

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast